NEW EVENT : "Expedition" or "Raiding Party"

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum NEW EVENT : "Expedition" or "Raiding Party"

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@rucustum I think it is quite common to have high scores on your leaderboard at the beginning of the event – scores which do not appear to increase further. A number of people have reported this. I have one player who had a score of 4,260 when the event started and this has not changed at all. These may be scores left over from trialing of the event by Rovio.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@kerravon
    thanks for the response. hopefully that is the case. shouldn’t be too difficult to get past 10k.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@rucustum I have the same player on my board. He/she is named ComPress, has 10180 pts, and hasn’t been playing. You aren’t on my board unless you have a different name in the event. BTW, unlike the arena, for the events, everyone has a different board, so not surprising that you aren’t on mine.

RuCustum
    @rucustum

@mvnla2
    that is the same player. I am on the board as RUCUSTUM. I am currently tied for 2nd place behind ComPass.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

“Raiding Party” event is returning in 9 days!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@neomerlinmagic popped up on my map too.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Wow, these events are coming quite frequent right now. It is less like events and more like bi-weekly competitions :-)

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Probably Skulkers will be useful by applying Tricky Trick on themselves to lower enemies’ defense to make Stone Guard attack more effective.
    Wizard with Twin Lightning and Cleric with Sweet are also pretty good for 7 cans. Hopefully there will have no more crash.

LondoJowo
    @londojowo

Where’s the “Raiding Party” achievement???

Looks like it’s time for another update.

Jim151
    @jim151

I get the feeling they’re just phoning it in.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Yes I remember these pigs. They do lots of AoE. This makes Thunderbird and Cleric a handy duo to punish the pigs with their AoE attacks. Don’t use Guardian because of the buff – you want your third bird to be an attacker since Thunderbird and Cleric don’t do much damage.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

It’s been a few weeks since I haven’t played Epic, but just today, I decided to take a peek, and opened Epic. I still could claim the For The Pirate King! reward, and discovered I finished sixth but still ended up hitting the jackpot and getting more mastery. Some classes are already at rank 7, so soon I might get one maxed out…can’t wait to rematch those pesky pig-bots and actually be able to play Hard.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@freckledpig Good luck I don’t need the mastery but there was a cheat in my league within 1 second of the start. Only had 6410 points so possibly not like the previous event.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I found a Cleric is a must for 7 can battle because her Healing Shield will save your members.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@whiteasice
    Here is my members for 7 cans battle:
    Paladin with Dragon Set
    Wizard with Twin Lightning Set
    Cleric with Sweet Set
    Skulkers with Beep Set
    Skulkers apply Tricky Trick on themsleves to weaken enemies
    Cleric applies Healing Shield on our members
    Apply chili to Wizard.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mingkee27 thunderbird is a good substitute for wizard.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

@bubbley
    …then you should apply Tricky Trick on Thunderbird and Thunderbird can setup lightning shield on all members.
    The chili should be deserved to Cleric to heal all members at once (Sweet Set helps more).
    Stone Guard, Samurai, Cannoneer, Rogues, and Marksmen are not recommend on 7 cans battle because the knight has ironclad.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mingkee27 I do I used this pair throughout the cave with these guys. Worked a treat.

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Pigs in this event HURT. If you cannot defeat them within the first two turns, you’ll need a defensive team.

(3) Cannot use Red.
    (5) Must use Blues.
    (7) Can use 4 birds. Doom Drone (always spawns) does heavy AoE damage, and summons a drone every 2 turns. Clockwork Knight (sometimes spawns) doesn’t do a lot of damage, but has Ironclad and is annoying to deal with because of its defensive skills.

Parties that work:

Full Offense: Wizard w/ Twin Lightning, Pirate w/ Scissors, Skulkers w/ Artillery Strike. Requires Golden Chili. Wins by the second turn on (3) and (5).

Counter Buffs: Mainly for (7). Thunderbird w/ Twin Lightning, Cleric w/ Sweet, then pick from the following:
    Red
    Stone Guard w/ Dragon Breath – best offensive choice
    Guardian w/ Protector’s Aura – reduce incoming damage
    Bomb
    Pirate w/ Scissors – best offensive choice because of 4 birds
    Cannoneer w/ Sugar Rush – defensive option, decent damage with Chain Attacking triggering up to 3 times
    Blues
    Tricksters w/ Artillery Strike – party cleanse
    Skulkers w/ Artillery Strike – best offensive choice

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

@mingkee27 The Clockwork Knight doesn’t always spawn – he’s random. However, I had no problem dealing damage to it with Stone Guard since I had Skulkers in the party.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

You guys are making this way too complicated. I’m farming 3s and 5s with my regular SRC team:
    – Lighting Wizard
    – Scissors Sea Dog
    – BEEP! Spies.
    Golden Chili clears them on the first turn.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

Most of the players on my board have one of two very distinct avatars. Seem to be bogus players according to what I’m reading in all these threads. Why do they feel the need to be this way about this stuff. Seeing someone with 6000 points isn’t going to make me play harder when the reward is just snouts. Stupid.

Jim151
    @jim151

You guys are making this way too complicated. I’m doing 3s and 5s with my regular SRC team:
    – Lighting Wizard
    – Scissors Sea Dog
    – BEEP! Spies.
    Golden Chili clears them on the first turn.

I have no problem clearing any of the levels, but I just wanted to note that I have been playing the game for nearly a year and I have never gotten the robot. Not only that, but the remote control is literally the first set item I got, at ~ level 15 or so. When I downgrade from my level 41 plushies to the remote control I lose 232 points of health. I fear it will be quite some time until I have a usable BEEP set.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@jim151, I’ve been playing since the beginning, and lv.45 gear definitely helps, but I’m still missing the Ballista. The health isn’t a big deal, as long as you’re clearing everything with the Chili – more than once, I’ve gone in with nearly 700 fewer health when taking my original RC. But if you’ve been playing for a while, and managing your coins, I’d think you should have functional lv.4x sets for all of your birds.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’ve got the ballista, but it’s not much stronger than the RC. My Blue set items are by far the weakest of the 5. I’ve been saving up for the Thunderbird, the last class I have to get. I’d be there by now but for some serious operator error. I once re-bought paladin when it first became available in the nest just by accidentally tapping on it. I complained to Rovio but never got a response. Also, when I first got Stone guard and was upping his mastery at the dojo, I twice tapped on 1000 for all ( another 150 coins gone) when stone guard was all I had left. That one really torqued me off, as the 500 snoutling location twice became the 75 LC option. So I have about 100 to go and then I can start spending on the frenzy again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum NEW EVENT : "Expedition" or "Raiding Party"

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.