New event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • Replies
  • Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@huggie I get the video once a day and the golden pig video every 12 hours

huggie
    @huggie

Thank you for the reply. Then this is a bug and a big disadvantage.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@huggie Golden Pig videos also don’t work for me.

huggie
    @huggie

Report to Rovio and they,ll reset video counters for you.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

Interesting to note: the Golden Pig Castle now cost 15 Stamina to battle in.
    Wonder why it increased?

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Does someone have a strategy for the Santa pig level?

Edit:never mind I beat it using Thunderbird with mana set,bard with cleansing light set and palidin with dragon set

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

One may also note, 4 GPC runs are not possible anymore in this event, since the final gate doesn’t open until 95 hours before the end of the event. :(

BTW, I’ve never posted how I’m faring in this event so far. :P
    I’m in a fierce battle over 2nd place, standing at roughly 70k points, but pretty safe inside the Top 3. 8 gifts remaining until I can pick up my Elite Frost Savage :)

Atom
    @atom

Just an FYI for everyone: the GPC now costs 15 stamina instead of 10

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@atom Great, a balancing improvement.

Pointless
    @pointless

@datguygamer why would that be an improvement? We are already limited to a single run over a 24 hour period, and with the Leaderboard to watch, increasing the Stamina for GPC is only detrimental. It might be a case of LCs versus Top 3 for some.

Atom
    @atom

@pointless I think that was sarcasm. There have been a lot of changes recently that are making harder and harder to be f2p. Like you mentioned, this change could mean the difference between top 3 and LC.

Pointless
    @pointless

@atom are we to suppose that @datguygamer has developed the elusive “sense of humour” he has lamented about missing? Perish the thought…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pointless @atom Yeah, I know it’s hard to detect sarcasm over text but I guess it would have been easy to understand if I had put a “”. Then it would have been clear. XD

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Go for it Yoshi. Good luck.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

1 more present and I’ll have the frost savage hat

Suzy
    @suzyq

I did it ?

Screenshot_2016-12-22-12-14-03.png

Suzy
    @suzyq

@sam-spargo

Thank you, you will be next ?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So I just played my first run-through of the Golden Cloud level in the Event and holy cow! Rovio have really turned up the difficulty on that. I had trouble with almost every single wave, it was just ridiculous.

Too much Rovio, TOO much!

DD
    @toolow

Congrats @suzyq! I’ve just got mine too.

@angryjohnny
    Unfortunately, making everything (much) more “challenging” is the trend. Dare I say that they are trying to “squeeze gamers until the pips pigs squeak (with delight?)”.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow @suzyq Great work both of you. It will be a while before I get mine though. XD

@toolow
    That’s where players are to blame. Most players were complaining about how the events were boring and demanded challenge. Rovio delivered that challenge. harder than they could ever digest. :/

Atom
    @atom

@angryjohnny Yeah, for the first time in the event I found myself using potions and cakes to get through the castle.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Really?! I always thought your flock of birds will make short work on the piggies. Or are you just waiting to find some use for your LCs? :)

I suppose “be careful what you wish for” applies here, although releases tend to have some non-trivial bugs / “improvements” more often than not despite user complains. :/

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow Well my birds are strong but only in the aspect on mastery. XP wise my birds are at level 53 because I level up very rarely and that is why my birds get borrowed only sometimes by friends (with the only consistent one being @shapokomanbeast) because they are weaker than others. And yes, I will buy the class directly as this is one of those shop classes so I don’t need to worry about missing it. However, when it gets to the upcoming event which offers the 3rd set of elite classes, then I will enter properly (though I wish it would give me more than one upgrade so as to not force me to participate lol). There is also the reason that I am also participating in the Transformers event so some of my free time is being taken away on that game.

Yes, whatever they do will forever be labelled as “improvements/ fixes”.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryjohnny

@atom

@datguygamer

Yeah, just went through the Golden Dungeon with Wizard, Blues, and McCool (I have to use the built-in “friend”) and it was not easy. I amped up by watching the video, but those pigs are even tougher than last time (and they had increased them that time already).

I do love 90% veggie cakes, though. I would fire Chuck’s rage and Blues rage every time, and the respite on room 3 where the pigs are not passive let me heal McCool (they always gang up on poor McCool!).

The last pig was easy, comparatively, because he only had 6000 more HP than one of the bigger baddies earlier on. He never even got his counter started. *smile*

I’ll just watch videos to get the last three ingredients I need for the new headgear (that sucks that videos aren’t working for some!), and it looks like I should be able to stay in the top three (stage 4 is really pretty easy since you can use four birds).

After that, I’ll be done. Consider it my New Year’s resolution, Epic will be over. Plus, I accidentally scrapped my best weapon by far, a level 62 Ballista for Blues that was maxxed out at level 10 on shards. I was scrapping stuff to get shards to concentrate my upgrades, and I blew right through the warning. No “undo” button for that. *frown* Blues used to be my main killer, now they are just so-so. Drat.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.