New Character: Volcanicus

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Character: Volcanicus

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Replies
  • FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

Looks like this will be the first member of the Gestalt squad.

FlusteredBirb
    @flusteredbirb

Wow…that was quick.

Ethan
    @ethan2011

I have two up and for 5,000 crystals each, no thanks. I bought all 3 minions at 750 each, can’t spend 2/3 of my inventory on one of these.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

@ethan2011, no bot is worth 5000 gems, unless maybe you have hundreds of thousands of gems.  Those offers are dumb.

Pako
    @pako

I’ve got my first 5000 gem new bot offer, now I don’t feel left out of the 5000 club. Speaking of the offer, if I had that many gems hoarded… I wouldn’t think twice and keep them for something else.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

Anyone bought and tried this new bot? Is he worth spending any gems to buy?

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

No, personally I can’t stand these combiners.  Good ideas, but they are so incredibly slow they’re unplayable.

bastet
    @bastet

I got it. Seems OK, at least. I paid 750 gems and would say it was worth it but I enjoy playing the combiners. I wouldn’t pay 5000 gems, though, but that goes for any bot.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

At low levels he looks very bad for me. Main weapon is Rodimus’s fireballs and Grimlock’s lightning with VERY big reuse. I hoped it’s Superion’s lightning, but at 6lvl good only for rare rockets, can’t be used nonstop, like Superion’s or Grimlock’s. I hope this will change at higher lvls.

No EMP in acs, explosive rounds only. Damage, defence and most important, fire rate, wich I upgraded max, but reuse is awful still. So even if he can be used in CR, any Combiner is better.

Asen_77
    @asen

Unfortunately my offer is 5000 gems :( , so thanks. Waiting for event to get him with Tokens!

Pako
    @pako

Let’s make some numbers. A 750 gem offer consists of Volcanicus and 3500 sparks, the 10K coins are of no importance at all. A 5000 gem offer can get the buyer Volcanicus, its energon sword, and 101010 sparks. If we rest the two of them, we will realize that the sword and the extra 97510 sparks cost  4250 gems. Taking into account that at the eggspark 100K sparks can be bought for 2250 gems, we could say the sword’s price is roughly 2000 gems. Swords normally go for about 2500 tokens at events, or 1250 gems (max). So, in the end it doesn’t offer an added value over the 750 gem bundle, one that is worth the expense, that is. It is not appealing. I say, either double up the amount of sparks offered or reduce the cost to an acceptable, IMO, 3000 gem deal.

Meanwhile, I’d rather spend gems on recharges.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@pako totally agree.

moi
    @moifirst

I more or less was thinking that Volcanicus would be present in the next event (Yes Sarge! (with the subtitle Eggcellent)) but alas.
    Also it’s not available yet in Golden Crates.
    Btw, I didn’t accept the offer for the bundle (2k gems, which was a little bit too much for me). I was hoping it would be offered ( in an alternative offer) at a lower price at the end of the offering period, but also alas! Apparently R/E has cancelled this price reduction at the end.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst Nowadays the first sign of a new character event is the Eggspark offer in the store. This happens about a week before the event. Next signs are the news and Gold crates. My guess is that next week’s event is releasing Volcanicus.

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown
    Thanks for the info!

otter
    @otter

I saw the offer of 750 gems and jumped at it….. most of my others have been 5k each…. hence I have no Coneheads……

otter
    @otter

At least in this round I can get some more coins now that that have a worth on them…. up to 31 mill … a far short of my 76mill before the game change….

moi
    @moifirst

I noticed that this week the Volcanicus bundle was offered to me again (just like previous week for 2k gems). What is the meaning of this? Or is it just a mistake by R/E?
    Btw, I know this is almost impossible ;)

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@moifirst so now this offer 1k for you? Nice. Maybe they changed their TF’s selling system a little.

moi
    @moifirst

@papakarlo No, unfortunately the offer is still 2k gems.
    Apparently R/E didn’t get the message that 2k is too much for me.

BarbieB
    @barbieb

@moifirst I’m starting to suspect that the offering price for characters is related to whether or not your ABT account is connected to Facebook.

It could just be a coincidence, but all of my new character offers have been 750 gems each… EXCEPT for the Conehead event. That offering was 5000 gems each. It wasn’t until near the end of the event that I realized my ABT account had somehow disconnected from my FB. I reestablished the connection by going into ABT ‘Settings’ and logging in again. It didn’t do anything to change the price of characters for the conehead event, but this week my new character offering is back to 750 gems.

I could be totally off base here, it might be worth connecting your ABT account to FB and seeing if your new character offering prices go down next week.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@barbieb disconnects from FB hapend sometimes. And this is a big problem. Don’t play with it, or you can get deep flashback from few min to hours and even days, when your progress during those hours will be lost, because game loaded last saved progress from cloud right before disconnect from FB.

moi
    @moifirst

@barbieb Thanks for your suggestion. But I don’t think that this is the problem for me. Every time I start playing I first check if I’m still connected to FB. If not, then I’ll log in first.

ABT
    @abt

My offer for Volcanicus was 5000 gems last week. It’s still 5000 gems this week. Logging into FB or not made no difference.

The Volcanicus event will probably start in a couple of days.

I’ve actually deliberately did NOT collect my War Pass reward at level 16 (400 tokens) and level 40 (500 tokens), so I get a 900 token head start when the event starts.

moi
    @moifirst

An interesting post of @exientgreg (showing some subtle self-mockery) about how the prices of the bundles are determined can be viewed here

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Character: Volcanicus

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.