New Character: Volcanicus

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Character: Volcanicus

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Replies
  • Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@moifirst I saw this post 6 months ago and instead of self-mockery there is a honest explanation of TF’s price system imo. Respect to Greg. But why you tagged him? Want to bring him in this random unimportant thread? For what?

moi
    @moifirst

@papakarlo
    I used the term self-mockery because Greg humorously used the term “greedy devs!” in his post.
    By this link I just wanted to show how the pricing system works. There are no other motives for it.

Halfan88
    @halfan88

Woo hoo it’s a new combiner + hal character yay!!!

BarbieB
    @barbieb

@moifirst @exientgreg Thanks for sharing the pricing schedule. That’s helpful… and I appreciate the honesty behind the strategy.

I’ve had Volcanicus as a Buddy on a few runs and I’ll likely pass on him unless I get lucky with a gold crate. On another note, I’ve collected 5 new characters over the last 2 months, so I’ll focus on upgrading them (and some others) while waiting for the next release of new characters.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@moifirst link is OK and it’s was enough imo. But why tag Greg for nothing? Now this barbie tag … Are you guys know every tag send email? Why spam Greg with 6month old post? He can start to ignore our tags, and what we will do with all those ingame bugs?

moi
    @moifirst

@papakarlo OK, now I understand what the real problem might be. I’ll (try to) keep this in mind.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

Off topic

You can tag a person without email being sent: @exient​greg @moi​first @papaka​rlo

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown How did you do that?

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst You use Unicode character U+200B (zero width space) somewhere in the @–string e.g. @moi<U+200B>first If you – or someone else – doesn’t know how to type Unicode characters you can always copy it (probably with some extra characters [which can then be removed]) from my previous message.

moi
    @moifirst

@grimlockdown (or without email-notification: @grim​lockdown )
    I think I’ve managed it, but it must be done using e.g. MS Word as an intermediate program, where I do all the steps as described (together with Alt+X on the 200B-code) and then copy that text to this reply-box.
    Apparently it doesn’t work if I do it directly in this reply-box.

Many, many thanks for your solution.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@moifirst I use iPad and I have a text replacement. When I write a short string of my choice it gets changed to something like @bef<U+200B>aft and I can double tap both parts. This too is bit complicated but it works – also in this reply–box.

And as always, everyone’s mileage varies when it comes to IT systems.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Thank you guys. We can tag eachother as many as we want, but Greg is Exient employee, and spend work time for reading our posts. Since we have so many bugs still, and issues wich constantly appearing, will be nice if this time used correctly. I don’t know Greg’s opinion about this, but I know he already blocked some annoying players who spammed him. I very appreciate his help, because he fixed some bugs very fast, while QA team ignoring/unable to help during long time.

Just played Volcanicus at Challenge run. He is very bad, died at 50k without bonus.

BarbieB
    @barbieb

I don’t code, so I’m very confused right now… lol!

Having said that – Pinokio I appreciate your feedback and perspective on this. I hadn’t thought about it before, but you are correct and I agree that we should be more careful with any tags to Greg. Thank you for speaking up :-)

Kd
    @kdmezzo

Volcanicus is the lamest character yet. I have upgraded the accessories and you still have to recharge after every run with the mortar towers as well as recharge during events as now the mortar towers are the target. What a piece of crap.

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

Imposible to survive by Volcanicus from Unicron during WMT day. So many WMT, and Unicron hits also hard. No energonicon, and can’t switch to vehicle mode to avoid atleast some hits. To complete run, I spent 10 gems for revive! I start thinking Volcanicus is bugged. Long time we didn’t got so weak and anoying TF. Volcanicus + WMT day = stupid idea. Also, last months WMT is very weak, so many common TF’s can one shot them. But not Volcanicus! He need to shot like 4-5 times from all his weapons to blow just 1 WMT! With maxed accs for attack. After WMT day I’ll call him Crapicus.

__^[]^__
    @wrioter

VolcANUS the mighty crap hole

Chuck Angry
    @chuck-angry-2

I want a refund.   Two thumbs down on this new character.    I have talked to a few players that have him at level 15 plus and they still couldn’t complete the walking mortor events.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

If you have Volcanicus’ Monocle, take it off. It’s broken. It actually decreases his fire rate instead of raising it, making it so his beam weapon has to reload every time it destroys something.

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

@sntrooper Shouldn’t we report this as a bug to @exientgreg?

Oh, it doesn’t matter anymore 😉

Pinokio
    @papakarlo

@sntrooper good call, thank you!

Playing a little fixed Volcanicus (without monocle) not so bad as before, but his beam not Grimlock’s still …

Greggers
    @exientgreg

Hi, all feedback is useful!
    Please create a nice clear list of issues and tag me and they might get addressed :)
    Rolling out…

Pako
    @pako

Interesting “update.” Volcanicus is been offered at 2000 gems. Nice 60 % discount on a previous offer but…. still not taking it.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@pako

If you don’t buy any bots with gems, the offers will be lower eventually. Took me like 2 years to get rid of the 5k offers, have one for 1000 gems now(cone head). Don’t buy it because I don’t earn much gems anymore.

Pako
    @pako

@deindiaan the offers I used to get were 750 gems/new bot ones. Then, without warning, they went up to 5000 gems/new bot. I had bought a few ones with gems (@ 750) when the fight for tokens was too fierce to make recharges a not sounding decision.

I may consider a 1000 gem offer. As I did for the coneheads.

Come to think of it, unlocking the jungle area had (has still?) a price tag of 4000 gems. IMHO, that’s a better allocation of hard earned gems than a new bot.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@pako

I’m only going to buy bots if it’s really necessary, most of the times I can get them with tokens. Unlocking the jungle was 2500 gems before. I did unlock it, but I stopped playing the challenge run for a long time. It takes sooooo much time and not to mention all the gems for recharges. And it’s sooooo boring with the combiners. Only nice thing is the jungle runs in events, but if that’s worth 4000 gems I doubt it.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum New Character: Volcanicus

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.