Modding

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 784 total)
  • Replies
  • DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

AB Trilogy has some interesting developer notes in the PLAINTEXT LUA scripts. I’m looking at WiiU, likely similar for other plats

SGF
    @sgfabn

Hi! It’s me again, could someone help me, please?

Okay, so I replaced Level1.lua, which replaced level 1.

So if I replace Level2.lua it should replace level 2? Nope.

It doesn’t make sense, so which level should I replace?

Also, I’m using Angry Birds 1.0.0.

DEAD_ACCOUNT
    @dante-mele

What world? Poached Eggs? That’s pack1, also you need to encrypt the edited Lua, @ClickGaster says you can use a plaintext Lua encrypted with the asset encryption key and the game will still read it, I’m not sure if that works on v1.0.0-v2.0.0, due to versions beyond use 7z archives and he said it works on versions using 7z. Also the QuickBMS script is updated for games not using 7z archives, but only encryption. Definitely doesn’t work on decrypted files.

SGF
    @sgfabn

pack 1, but when I replace level 2, it replaces a different level.

(I think Rovio did that on purpose)

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

Level 1-2 is actually Level57.lua; Level2.lua is 1-6. Also, if you are using online level editor, I recommend to use in-game editor. You have to replace gamelogic.lua in data/scripts with this one: https://yadi.sk/d/WKaI8ySF5OoF4Q.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

On PC AB Classic 1.0.0 is not using encryption. 1.5.0 – 2.3.0 use encrypted plaintext or compiled scripts. 2.4.0 and beyond use encrypted 7z with plaintext or compiled scripts in them.

SGF
    @sgfabn

I got it, but how do you use it? And what versions (besides 1.0.0) will it work on?

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

You need to click Edit button that appeared in the main menu after replacing gamelogic.lua

Then you need to select level pack and choose a level to edit.

You need to use number and letter keys to place down objects.

Here are some controls:

Ctrl+S – save level.

Tab – toggle physics.

Shift+R – rotate objects.

Shift+J (when 2 objects are selected) – make a joint

Shift+T- changes level theme.

SGF
    @sgfabn

How do I change the position of the slingshot?

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

When you place the birds, you need to right click them and set start value by number keys. Slingshot will be placed on first bird position.

Also, you can use Shift+P to playtest level, while you’re making it.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

It seems that ground was deleted. Try placing some static blocks underneath falling objects.

AngryBirdPigKiller
    @alinangrybirds

I GET THIS FREAKING ERROR ! So i try to manage the angry birds star wars lua file to get the birds and level upgrade so i get this :

I swear i am angry at also broken links so i cannot decrypt sometimes the lua file just to see text but only a fail error and junk text so i have only openssl is not useful so i need to get a contact with the experts that do modding editor and manage the lua file so please a tutorial and help :( sorry if i post this thing

SGF
    @sgfabn

Maybe ask ClickGaster, he should be able to help.

SGF
    @sgfabn

also, I need more help

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

First of all, this is Rio, not Star Wars. Second, files you get after decrypting scripts with OpenSSL are 7z archives containing the real scripts. After extracting them, you need to decompile them with LuaDec51 or Unluac. Then you will see, more or less readable code.

After modifying it, you have to repack script in 7z archive (make sure that script name in 7z is same as original filename) and encrypt 7z with right asset encryption key.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

What exactly is the problem with this level?

SGF
    @sgfabn

the red squares :/

I can’t get rid of them even through the editor.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

Press 8.

SGF
    @sgfabn

also, I know this is technically not the modding we do here, but I need help on modding Bad Piggies sprites: tada

AngryBirdPigKiller
    @alinangrybirds

thanks it was helpful i checked out and i did it finally i re encrypted after unluac so for mobile user file what about?

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

It seems like game cannot read edited texture, and thus fails to load asset file.

Mobile version scripts are using LZMA packing. You can use script for QuickBMS to extract them: http://aluigi.org/bms/angry_birds_lua.bms

AngryBirdPigKiller
    @alinangrybirds

i know so if i decrypt and on notepad is LZMA Then i decompile the .lua file so angry birds rio 1.4.4 crash on editor and test

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

Old versions like 1.4.4 do not use 7z packing. After decrypting you should get compiled lua file. By the way 2.2.0 also has level editor.

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.