Mastery Points

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 2,264 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Not sure what changed now but Wizard, Cleric and Tricksters (currently 9-7-8) is able to 3-star SRC almost as fast as me – on auto-play. It doesn’t seem to be 100% safe since the Blues didn’t survive the first run but it’ll get better. I’m surprised because auto-play has never worked for me before but now it somehow does. But good for me I guess. Now I can finally rack up Snoutlings. :D

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It’s not that I have especially good strategy – it’s that I find these to be very helpful in a variety of situations.

Paladin does constant spot healing as long as he is attacking. That is a really good ability when you’re clearing a Cave or doing a Dungeon or other PvE / PvM. Paladin isn’t great for Arena, but he’s still quite good.

Wizard is also generally good, doing a solid hit on the primary, and decent splash on 3 other targets. As you tend not to have 5+ targets very often, he’s very good for damaging. If he has a healing wand, he takes care of himself.

Spies is the other counterpart with a good solid hit on primary, and a fair splash on everything else. Again, a good hitter. And he sets up a multi-turn passive heal – also good.

Sea Dog just tags along and hits and hits, but you really need Scissors to make the most of him.

I see these as backbone birds that you can mix-and-match pretty early and pretty effectively. And they are good late game, too.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I agree with you completely. Wizard and Spies are the classes I’m using in the Caves all the time, along with the pig allies (exceptions are the bosses where I use different strategies to 3-star). I can see the strength of Sea Dog but he really needs maximum HP all the time to made the most of – and in the caves it gets increasingly harder for me to keep my HP to a max. Believe me, if I could take a third bird of my choice to the caves it’d be the Paladin. But since I can only take two I rely on the Spies’ healing.

For Cave 13 though, I need to overdo my strategy because of those Ice Shamans. I hate them. Can’t even use potions while their effect is on my birds. :( I definitely need the Tricksters on my team, or a bird that can protect from damage until the effect has passed.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The no-heal Pigs suck. I had a ton of Chilis banked, and blew through a bunch of them to get through those fights. If they drop a no-Heal on you, sometimes, that’s it, you’re done.

Pointless
    @pointless

@smwforever45 those pigs do cause problems. I would suggest this is a prime time to use Purify Potions, as you really will not need them elsewhere. They didn’t even exist when I did that Cave and remember thinking that I sure could have used them then.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Purify Potions???

All I know is that you can bring Enchanted Weapons to PvE / PvM and that’s a much bigger power bump than what I had when I did the Caves.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

GrauGeist’s tip with the Rage Chilis wasn’t ideal but it worked. Prince Porky didn’t survive but I still got my 3 stars for 13-7. 13-8 was a bit easier because it didn’t have any Ice Shamans. Have to wait 12 hours until I can do 13-9 and 13-10. Telling from the “preview” on the map it may be good to bring Pigiana Jones for that battle…

@pointless

I did think about these but when I don’t have any I can’t use any. The ones I already had, I used somewhere else. Can’t remember where but I must’ve had my reason to use them.

@graugeist

Yeah, Purify Potions. They cleanse all negative effects from a single bird upon use. You get one on the 10th of each month so you should have some too. :o

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@datguygamer — I assumed you were being satirical. No one in their right mind would be in favor of that.
    [Edit]: I’m talking about datguygamer’s suggestion to raise max level to 20. Didn’t realize there were so many comments and a page change between his post and mine.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Apparently, I have 11 of them. Which I never noticed. :D :D

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@graugeist The no heal pigs aren’t that big of a problem. Just use potions for healing since those will work except when you fight a pig that steals healing.

I’ve mentioned this tip many times before, but to make maximum use of the dojo set an alarm or timer on your phone to go off after 3 hours. I do this for a lot of games to get free stuff. Most of the games I like to play use a 4 hour timer. I also set a 12 and 24 hour alarm for the free spins you get in Epic. I might be busy and might not be able to claim my free spin or whatever right away, but I won’t forget about it because I often use the snooze feature on my alarm to remind me later.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@mvnla2 I would actually like that simply because my birds would get more power and health. Yeah it’s tedious but hey it’s a suggestion. I never expected anyone to agree. I am not a cheater but I certainly do support the idea of more upgrades. But I still believe 12 is a random number to stop on. Even when Rovio stopped at XP level 27 and etc, it was random and they increased it afterwards and it stopped a nice 50. Again, that’s what I personally believe.

Jim151
    @jim151

Sea Dog just tags along and hits and hits, but you really need Scissors to make the most of him.

A lot of people say this, but I find Sugar Rush very useful. In fact, it’s the Bomb set I have chosen to enchant, up to 6 now. When combined with Sweet it can do a lot to bring your banner back from the brink. Ever have it activate on an explode? That’s about 8000 banner healing for my 52/12 enchanted 6.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@killerkea The effect that Ice Shamans in Cave 13 cause on the birds steals healing. If you use a potion all the healing from the potion goes to the weakest pig. Not quite what you’d want.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@jim151 – for me, I find that Sugar Rush is way too random. If I’m doing banner heals, I want Witch for the consistency of 5k+ every single time.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My Bard is now at 6 and my Guardian’s rank 8. Cleric, Pirate and Paladin are next in line, for the upgrades to 8, 8 and 7 respectively.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Going good with the mastery farming. SRC is playable by autoplay with Wizard, Capt’n and Spies (9-8-8) or Wizard, Cleric and Tricksters (9-8-8 as well). Paladin’s less than 2k away from 7, Avenger and Pirate are about to level up to 8, the Spies are 5k away from 9 and for the Wizard, 34k to 10.
    Playing a bit each day to keep my Snoutling count up at about 5k.

Also, I made it to Cave 15. :) 14 was somewhat easy, 15 seems alright.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My Avenger is now rank 8. Paladin’s now rank 7, and the Spies just now reached rank 9. :D Pirate’s next in line, then Frost Savage and Bard who are 4k and 7.5k away from 8 and 7 respectively.

Current table:
    8 8 8 7 8 –
    8 8 8 9 – –
    8 8 8 6 8 –
    7 8 8 8 – 7
    8 8 8 9 – 7

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Paladin caught up to the other Red classes and is now 8. Also, since I last posted there’s been several other rank-ups so my table is now as follows:

8 8 8 8 8 –
    8 8 8 9 – –
    8 8 8 7 8 –
    8 8 8 8 – 8
    8 8 8 9 – 7

Soon to hit mastery rank 9 with Samurai (3.9k) and Capt’n (3.3k), and rank 10 with Wizard (6.2k).

(If it annoys someone that I constantly post here, just speak up and I’ll stop until my first bird is at 12 XD)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Those blank spaces are what I assume classes you haven’t purchased yet. So start hoarding LCs and focus on buying more Premium classes from now on. Try to get as many as possible during this event and subsequent ones. Micromanagement is a key factor in this game.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Yup, blank space = class not yet obtained. Or mastery rank 0. :P

I’ve started hoarding months ago. :P
    Paladin and Bard were two class buys I did four, five months ago, hence why they’re both quite far behind the other classes (besides TH and FS which are also “new” classes of mine) and right now I’m hoarding for the Gold Chilli as @pointless suggested, then I’m heading straight for the remaining Premium classes. Think I’ll have enough LC’s for the Gold Chilli by mid-May. Or sooner if I get a decent amount of LC’s in Golden Pig Castle. :D

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Very well then. First focus on that Chili and then the classes.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I’ve been playing the game since its launch, and, arguably, I’ve made some weird choices along the way… but they kinda just evolved, from one to the next, ya know!? Lol. I bought the Golden Chili ASAP on another nester’s advice – and, yes, it made a huge difference. So, I’d go with that as your next purchase. However, I never bought ANY of the LC purchasable classes… and I’ve spent well under 200 LCs in total on AGPM+AAGPM spins. I’ve gathered 85% of my set pieces through free spins. As a result, I have 1800 LCs in the bank + all the standard classes at 50-12 + a few set pieces enchanted to L-4. I’ve managed to reach Diamond in the arena every season so far… but, sure, it’s tougher than it needs to be (for me)… but it’s still doable (and, no, I don’t play for 12 hours a day!). I never wanted to spend RW$ and ‘oversaved’ as a result (sheer paranoia!). I guess the game is whatever (hell) you make it! ;-)

Anonymous

@angryde
    Now that you have all those LCs, why not buy the premium classes one at a time, and level them up “instantly” with dojo snout purchases?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Paladin makes a HUGE difference in PvE and Witch and Sea Dog make a HUGE difference in Arena – if anything I’d put them as first priority when you do decide to buy Premium classes! Now that you have the LC’s it’s definitely worth a thought.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Guys, @angryde knows he could buy the classes – this discussion came up before. He’s just being really stubborn about not doing so, even though his game would be a LOT easier. And the thing that’s really telling is how he only has his items enchanted to 4 – that’s kinda low. I wonder if he’s hoarding Shards, too…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mastery Points

Viewing 25 replies - 801 through 825 (of 2,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.