Mana set

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mana set

• Has anyone else noticed that the mana set in the arena, when held by the opponent, is 100% effective? I’ve gone up against it about 4 times now, and made about 120 attacks (about 30 per battle, counting Rainbird attacks as 4), and it has successfully disarmed the negative effects 100% of the time. Not once, without exception, has an acid rain, thorny vine, or sticky goo attack taken hold. I know I should avoid it in the arena, but sometimes I get sloppy and start a battle without checking.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Yep. I used this set on a 10 wave battle in the last cave (It has the Shamans and stuff) as well. Not one effect got past the set.

Jim151
    @jim151

Interesting. I wonder how it would work with Prince Porky’s tit for tat? Would it allow the increase in attack power and ward off the increased damage potential?

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

I have the mana set, and yes its effectiveness is very high.
    But its not 100%…

Anonymous

Good question. I would assume so but I never tried it.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@jim151 I tried one battle against the set without thinking – using Rainbird, Druid and Rogues. And it was 100% effective at stopping poison effects. Couldn’t get a single effect to hold.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have the set. It is not 100% effective. What is interesting is that if a bird is hit for something that lasts for say 3 turns it is cured after the first round. So immunity develops if it fails first time.

I love the set. I am not playing the Arena this season so I don’t know how it behaves there.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

Any guesses as to how long before this set is nerfed?

Way too powerful in the arena — it also nullifies many banner effects (such as chili block). It also nullifies all attack forcing, stuns, and the damage increases from Thunderbird/Skulkers. Pretty much, to go against this, you need a pure power team.

The set is too powerful in normal battles as well — no stuns, healing reductions, chili blocks, or other enemy effects. Toxic enemies are rendered powerless.

IMHO, 65% is just way too high of a probability. Something like 15% would be a good benefit, but not make it so powerful as to upset game balance.

I find it disheartening that Rovio/Chimera didn’t do more testing to see how unbalanced this set makes things.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

How hard is to bring your power team against it? I just got my Wizard to 11, so it’s not so terrible in Arena.

BINH
    @binh

I have no problem with this set. I use paladin; wizard & captain in 11 master level with the chili. What makes me wonder is how almost everyone has this new set. The GPM hates me lol

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@binh last season I came up against this set in the Arena. I used Paladin Wizard Captain rank 10 to beat it. Brute force is the only answer I found. Not playing the Arena now so I haven’t really experimented much. I have this set but it seems that like many things in the Arena the opponents are given an advantage over and above the published figures. Why? I’m sure we all know the answer.

BINH
    @binh

U r lucky. I’ve played this game since forever & still have 5 sets to complete. Arena battles r challenges so i just keep playing it

edkang-TW
    @edkang

Effectiveness is very high. But not 100% ,YOU can see video.

Thumperjones
    @thumperjones

I think they better rethink the mana set. I have tried several combinations, and haven’t one against the mana set, even when my powers are much higher. Who has time to play mana against mana, once nearly everyone has it. No challenge, if effects rarely take hold.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I usually avoid opponents with the mana set because they are often rank 12 with power items, but when I do fight them I use something like Wizard, Spies or Skulkers and Sea Dog. It works well since Chuck has less health when equipped with the mana set.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@binh I didn’t have the mana set at that time. Actually I would be interested to know if any one has fought mama with mana. Yes I am lucky I got the set. I rarely use the the golden pig just once every upgrade in level. Then I rely on free spins and no I don’t have everything. I used to worry about that but I now know that levels change often and players are meant to achieve almost the sets they desire. So they keep trying but never get them.

I got the Phoenix feather on my first spin of the pig. I got the egg the day I reached level 41. I tried and tried between that time. Never again.

Yes Arena is a challenge which I enjoy. I am not playing because Rovio has asked me to refrain from using chuck and bomb until they fix the freezes. Well it’s not really possible to play with just the other three classes is it?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got the Mana Mist weapon a second time after my rainbow filled up. It is level 52, but only does 479 damage which is the same as the Mana Mist I got for free last month. When I got Red’s Primal Axe for free the max level for set items was 47 at the time. I also got a level 47 Primal Axe from the GPM. However the free one only did 275 and the one from the GPM did 300 damage.

Does anyone have level 52 weapons for Chuck that do more than 479 base damage?

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

Mana vs mana is sometimes the best answer (against rain bird for example) but usually I just brute force it the same way I do anything else (paladin wizard and seadog with the black smoke banner)
    If I’m up against a poison team I’ll bring the mana set and a weakness emblem and just watch the enemy be useless.
    That set should be slightly needed to say 50 or 40 pct and then there should be a banner emblem with the same ability. The set should really have been an emblem from the beginning if you ask me…

Anonymous

@napoleongl Actually the set does have an emblem: Purify. It works just about the same way but with a lower chance to take effect.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Mana set

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.