League Scoring

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum League Scoring

• I have started filling in the rough Matrix of points earned by position in each league provided in Rovio’s FAQ section to help take some of the mystery out of this scoring system.
    Please help out by posting the following information following each week’s tournament:

League, Place, Score

i.e. Silver, 1, +100 for a first place finish in silver league, gaining 100 points.

ABF scoring 4-7-16

Updated 4-7-16

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • Replies
  • tempestJCM
    @18stars

I’ve been keeping track of my standings for the last couple of months using a spreadsheet. I have the spreadsheet saved in Google Docs and could share with others when I have more info filled in. Here is what I can contribute so far.

Bronze, 2, +100
    Bronze, 7, +20
    Bronze, 15, +10
    Bronze, 16, +10
    Bronze, 18, +10
    Bronze, 21, +5
    Bronze, 30, 0
    Bronze, 34, -8

Silver, 1, +100
    Silver, 6, +20
    Silver, 15, +5

Gold, 5, +20
    Gold, 8, +15
    Gold, 9, +10
    Gold, 13, +5
    Gold, 23, -4

Diamond, 36, -50

burbman
    @burbman

@18stars Thanks! Keep em coming! I will try to edit the original post with what I have so far. Hopefully it works! Never mind – looks like I need to work on my formatting.

tempestJCM
    @18stars

Another one to add to the list.

Gold, 22, 0

david007
    @david007

Hi 18stars
    Great idea, here’s mine. I came 5the in the diamond league last week and got 5 ranking points. keep up the good work

burbman
    @burbman

Thanks @all – Updated my first post with spreadsheet to date. I am no HTML whiz, so it needs formatting.

tempestJCM
    @18stars

@burbman

It looks like one may be able to hard code a table in HTML by using the CODE button, but that is going to require a lot of work and trouble.

burbman
    @burbman

AHA! Click on the thumbnail to open up the chart in a readable form!

@18stars

tempestJCM
    @18stars

@burbman

That helps out a great deal. Our sheets basically mirror each other. However, I have reason to believe the value for Diamond, 25, -14 is no longer accurate. When I was in the Diamond League a few weeks ago, I had 608 points. There were red demotion arrows for positions 26-40, which meant position 25 must be equal to or greater than -8 points. Position 26 would be at most -9 points or less. I’ve wondered if Rovio has adjusted some of the placings in the Diamond League — that may explain why 30th place in the Diamond League is worth -18, while 30th in Gold League is worth -20.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

`What is it that you are trying to find out about Rovio’s scoring?

I have written quite a bit on the Nest about my falling scores over the past few weeks. I have also written to Rovio but have not had a reply on this unfair practice. I travelled up from Wood to Diamond 1 and am now on a slippery slope downhill.

This is mine starting from now

DATE: 30/3/15

LEAGUE:
    Diamond 1

LEAGUE RATING

LEAGUE POSITION
    31/40

RESULT

burbman
    @burbman

@18stars I got the -14 for 25th place from this thread: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/lost-14-points-is-this-fair/ Perhaps @dixi-60 ended up a bit lower than the 25th indicated in the thread, my guess is 28th, but I left the value at 25 until I had something definitive.

@dixi-60
    – you are my inspiration for this topic, as by keeping track of these things, players will be able to better see just how many places they need to improve in order to keep their current progress. Especially those of us who are trying to nickel and dime our way up through the rankings to obtain the special slings.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

If you can figure out how the grouping works, you let me know. I’ll do the same. I am much more concerned with that.

burbman
    @burbman

Updated table based on my result from last week.

tempestJCM
    @18stars

@burbman I’ve double-checked my previous results, and I’ve found 2 errors I made in one of my earlier posts, and I’ve corrected them. Please add the following which are the correct scores. My apologies. Otherwise, I have nothing new to report this week.

Silver, 18, +5
    Gold, 26, -4

burbman
    @burbman

@18stars, thanks! I have updated my sheet, and will update the first post once I have enough new information to warrant it.

mck
    @mckwxp

Gold, 33, -32
    Silver, 2, +75

burbman
    @burbman

Chart at top updated, thanks @mckwxp and @18stars!

tempestJCM
    @18stars

Gold, 12, +5

burbman
    @burbman

Updated, Anyone else have any input?

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

Call me dense, what exactly are we looking and keeping track of? I read all the above posts, but not understanding.

tempestJCM
    @18stars

@rambleberry

Each week, a player earns or loses a certain number of league points based upon the position they finish in a league tournament. This score (League Rating) carries over from week to week and is the means by which players rise or fall through the various league levels.

While there is a FAQ page that Rovio has created, https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204242956-What-are-the-Leagues-and-how-do-they-work- there are many positions that are not currently known to us. This thread is an attempt to fill in the remaining gaps.

Keep in mind that league points is not the number that appears in the box below your name and score. Those numbers represent the number of birdcoins that are given out if you were to finish in that position. You can determine your current league rating from the League tab by hitting the “League Options” button, and then hit the “League Profile” mini-tab. I hope this helps to explain what we’re trying to do here.

tempestJCM
    @18stars

I’ve uploaded a screenshot that shows in greater detail how league rating scores are determined and reported, along with a description underneath that gives information on how to access one’s scores.

League results 04132015.jpg

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

@18stars – okay, the picture helped to understand what exactly was being wanted. I knew about the birdcoins, etc. Always good for a reminder though, thanks.

Not sure I can help though, my ratings and stuff are already covered through others, from the looks of it. If something changes in my status, I’ll post.

Thanks for the info. :)

Angrychicken
    @angrychicken

diamond, 2, +50
    diamond, 4, +10

burbman
    @burbman

Chart at top pdated with numbers I have through April 30

tempestJCM
    @18stars

Diamond, 35, -40

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum League Scoring

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.