JENGA mode, explained + tactics

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum JENGA mode, explained + tactics

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Replies
  • BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

I play Jenga mode regularly, especially since it is now so easy to die in the regular ABT world. You need fewer coins out there now, but it seems a bit harder to earn them…

Anyway, I have maximized my play by adopting a few strategies:

* If the first run is Grimlock, I abort the entire run. Optimus is so pathetic and incapable of aiming quickly, that it just isnt worth the time.
    * If the first run is Starscream, I do nothing. I let him die as soon as possible. That way everything is nicely stacked for Soundwave. If Starscream actually runs the course, I *always* get a lower coin total than if he dies at the outset.
    * If I see that the Jenga setup is Config #2 (no energon cubes), I am likely to bail and abort the run. There are too few coins there to waste the time. It is more productive to try another run.

My ultimate goal is to maximize Grimlock or Soundwave in the second run, as they produce more coins. I am sure there is an optimum strategy for how Grimlock should fire at the cubes so as to not knock them into the water, but I haven’t figured that strategy out yet.

I have found a bug, though. If I abort 3+ runs in a row, ABT is increasingly likely to crash. Sometimes not, but more often that not it will crash (iPad version).

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@birdleader just FYI, I went back and improved & updated the Jenga guide. I will continue to do so if Rovio makes changes in future updates. Wasn’t sure if admins see edits lime they do new posts, hence this post.

crazytw
    @crazytw

I’ve been playing for a while and would like to add the following…At the end of the Jenga run, the first transformer that appears (in vehicle mode) will have his health restored.

My stratagy for building up coins was to have a Starscream node that I would play and on purposely die from falling monoliths…collect coins (around 3000) and play Jenga to restore his health.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

In the update from July 15, no changes to Jenga mode. It’s be nice if materials were added to JENGA!

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@avip2u I agree with you. Testing to see if I can post to anything in here.

GmamaBirdy
    @gmamab

Has anybody else noticed Starscream can no longer die on the first run? You can just sit back and watch and he flies through the speed buttons w/o any help all the way through the opposite side. Yet another way Rovio has found to lower scores and player satisfaction with this game.

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

@avip2u

Nice update. A couple minor things:
    Neither of the blues (Prowl and Bluestreak) are included as selection options.
    And for me (iOS), I have not seen the gem reward yet for the daily challenge, so far only coins.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@avip2u

Very well presented explanation on the revised Jenga changes. Your attention to detail is outstanding. The screen shots along with the detailed explanations make it perfectly clear the various aspects of the new items. Thank you! Nice work at play!

@birdleader

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@avip2u

Beautifully done! Rovio should hire you to document this app. I don’t play Jenga made because I never understood it, but thanks to you, now I do at least I think. Is it strange to anyone else that you can’t use any Grimlocks? I thought that was the point…

PBJ
    @aliaspbj

I’ve been experimenting with the pairings after the update and have been fairly frustrated with the shooting capability of all of the TFs you can choose from save one and you’re not not going to believe it, Starscream. He’s now my go to shooter. I have him at level 13 and kitted out with the shoulder pads with the explosive rounds. I upgraded and bought the shoulder pads for him especially for Jenga (prior to update) for the scenarios where Soundwave was the driver and Starscream was the shooter. I always thought he was kinda of lame being just marginally better than Ultra Magnus who’s shooting capability always did and still sucks at level 14. Now Starscream is the only one I have found that can fairly easily clear the entire wall and all the blocks stacked on the jumping islands. Bludgeon (L14) is okay as the shooter, but really can’t touch Starscream’s non-stop shooting capability. Oh, and I usually pair Starscream with Thundercracker as the driver.

Hunter_Elite
    @blasphemy

It doesn’t look like an upgrade to me, to be able to choose the bot, but not Soundwave or Goldbite Grimlock, who were in the original Jenga. More like a NOgradeatall.

wrw01
    @wrw01

After the update yesterday it appears some of the weapons are stronger. I did not get to run all the Transformers due to missions but the eight I did run had some knock down power with their weapons.

A few more items need addressed:
    1. Bonus videos at the end only work once, then one has to exit to try to activate it again
    2. Not obtaining any pigs because they are not available should not be an option
    3. The same goes for the coins as in number 2.
    4. The maximum obtainable coins of 300-400 should be eliminated. Let’s have the lower limit at 1,000.
    5. Gems should be obtainable on every other day as the daily reward.
    6. How about reinstating all the original transformers, miss them

@gradientturtle7

Rsfitzg
    @rsfitzg

It would appear that you can only earn coins now, no gems. Can anyone else confirm?

wrw01
    @wrw01

@rsfizg
    As of this morning I obtained 10 gems. I do not know the exact cycle but coins run for a couple of days then gems run for a couple of days. I check each time period for what it is offered. I try to play each day to break up the node play, play something different to make it a bit more interesting.

BuriedTreasure
    @buriedtreasure

Absolutely not. I got gems yesterday…

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Is jenga mode worth the money?

wrw01
    @wrw01

@sam-spargo
    After reviewing the initial posts in this forum only you can answer that question on how to spend your money.
    I like the Jenga mode because it offers a different way to play the game. Now one can obtain gems every couple of days as a daily reward. The quantity of pigs and coins are not great but every little bit helps in the long run.

With its lasts revision it is better now than when it originally came out.

Worth it? Your money your call.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Hi @gradientturtle7 @arceemega

Are there plans to increase the transformers powers in the Jenga mode to be the same as they are in the regular nodes?
    If so, great.
    If not, why not? They are so weak it is not fun to play anymore.

Have played with every pair and they are very weak in their powers to destroy.

Played this morning using the two bumble bees-Chuck, and they could hardly destroy a stone, a pig, piece of wood or coin box. Probably the lowest score in terms of coins and pig received, Received zero pigs even though I hit them and between 200-300 coins even though I hit the coins boxes. Could not knock any part of the structure down, only a few boxes.
    Like I mentioned above, it is not fun to play any more because most the characters, except for two, have very weak powers.
    So, what is the plan of action in the Jenga mode of play?

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@wrw01

For phase 2, I now use StarScream with the accessory that gives him explosive rounds. He can destroy EVERYTHING. With him I am back to letting my first bot die on the first gap, so everything remains neatly stacked and easier to destroy.

There are a couple of other bots to choose from, that also have explosive rounds. But “explosive” is the key. Incendiary and Acid are not nearly as effective.

P.S. I was using Optimus Prime on phase 1 since his vehicle is so reliable on the jumps.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

With regards to 5000 coins vs. 10 gems as the daily reward. The main post states that it may rotate, or be random. It’s random… that is, it does not seem to alternate/rotate on a repeating cycle. And the probabilities each day of getting one or the other may NOT be 50/50.

My own experience is, I don’t think it is 50/50. 67% coins / 33% gems, seems closer in my opinion. But we would need to collect a lot of data to determine with some degree of “statistical confidence” what the probabilities are.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@avip2u
    Thank you with the recommendation of Star Scream. I also use it for my second transformer. Used his brother bird for the driver but will give OP a try. I also use to let the driver die early in the old version. Will try that in the new one and see if more coins are obtainable.

The objective of my post to the Rovio folks was to get the other Transformers back to their real node powers so we can use them. That would be fun to use them all other than just the two that work. It would provide a bit more variety and fun to this level of play.

The present Jenga play is 100 times better than the old version. It was like the old/original version was started and left unfinished by the programers. But now that has all been completed.

Yes I agree with your estimate of thirds. It does appear that way on the surface but I have kept stats and this one is not worth the work. Just like to obtain the daily reward each day and a few extra items if time permits.

Thanks again for the update.

@gradientturtle7
    @arceemega

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7 @arceemega

Any answers to my questions above. It’s been over two weeks and I know you all are probably busy with work.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7
    Just a tickle file on some of the posts 1-2 months ago.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7 @lewie4 @arceemega

I use the same two transformers in Jenga play all the time. It use to take 3-4 games to obtain the daily rewards of coins or gems. Now it is taking 5-6 games to obtain the same rewards. If the powers of the transformers have been decreased it would be great to increase the daily rewards for the time, energy, and effort spent in obtaining them.

I have always like playing the Jenga part of the game and will continue to do so. It was exciting to see the last update and changes. Maybe there can be additional revisions in the future to make this part of the more exciting and inviting.

Greatly appreciate all your effort and resources in making ABT a better game.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum JENGA mode, explained + tactics

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.