Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • Putte
    @puttekula

Here comes the results from a rush to the top.
    The rush to the top gave me this.
    Gems 7281
    Blizz 26
    Chili 19
    Pearls 260
    Feathers 13218
    Ducks 21
    Inflaters 25
    Mighty 19
    Winterhats 1
    Christmashats 1
    Fancy hats 1
    The cost was 38320 gems.

That gives 38320 spent gems minus won 7281 and that gives 31039 in total spent gems.

The maximum cost for the green greedy pig is 3200 gems. And that kicks in after 6 green pig attacks… And this run it was at level 28.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

IMO spending gems the 1st time is fine, 2nd time is a bit pushing it unless there is something worthwhile to keep. From the way people on this post are saying, You will blow out all the gems you have eventually regardless of how much you have horded over time.

If Rovio really wants our $$, make the elevator available more. Addicted gamblers will be forced to buy lots of gems to get to the top.

As for the balance of the game in arena, that balance has gone out the window since summer or early. This Hats + Pearls business messed up the balance badly if there was any before. The 500 pearls each set used to be the most expensive. Now with every update there are cheap 100 pearls each and something more.

Maybe they start selling black pearls next.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Technically the balance of power went out the window when tickets were introduced. Let everyone play at most 8 x a day plus 8x more via video bird and then you can see who’s the best.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@cognitive: that is the worst. In the old days you can play 2 times every 3 hrs no matter how “no life” you are. Now you can buy tickets or just horde to play for hours. Among with few sem-known tricks, you can get lots of points.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

So again, it’s all about the gem deficit, because gems can be gobbled up at such a fast rate and come back to you at a severely slower rate.

Black pearls can be won but at a slow rate and usually with a cost of playing measured in gems. Only hats/slingshot upgrades can be purchased with black pearls but not gems, so their exchange liquidity is low.

Spells can be won/gifted/bought with gems.

Continues for Arena wins can be bought with gems (or video viewings, but ultimately ends with gems for continued playing). Same with regular gameplay.

Tickets for Arena play can be bought with gems.

So much can be attained with gems, but large lots of gems themselves can only be attained by using $$$ (or hacking/cheating).

It all comes down to gem deficit = cash spend = game progress.

This so-called elevator challenge just exasperates the gem situation, much like a slot machine because payout will never override buy-in. It just smacks of cash grab.

BTW having coded games in my job history, just an FYI: when the elevator cards are laid out, they are NOT as shown when they flip over- they are designated at the moment of flip over. Every digital guessing game does this so they can make split-second changes based on how you are playing. When you click on a card it is named at that second when it is revealed to you. You would actually be better off playing with real cards.

Rovio could make it look like you select the greedy pig card every time if they wanted to when in fact it would just be designating the pig card at the time of your selection. But instead the random number generator stacks the odds against you higher and higher the further you get in the elevator quest.

I would be interested in hearing if putte kept stats and kept on playing since he is using an unlimited gem hack. I’ll bet that the closer to the top floor he gets, the more instances of the greedy pig show up.

Either way I’m staying as far away from this stupid elevator thing as I can.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Did it. Five levels and quit. A few spells and a handful of gems. I think I am at level 10 now. Maybe I am getting the hang of this. No gems spent.

Patience, Grasshopper. A little at a time.

And has anybody found a user’s guide or owner’s manual for this thing yet?

Putte
    @puttekula

@djlarryt
    I only kept stats for one run. But can do it next time to see. But from what I remember the frequency for that evil pig was constant. I only managed to get to level 26 the last time before the pig penalty was at 3200 gems. At level 90 I got a doublet of the fancy hat. But regarded me with 500 pearls instead.
    I dont play AB2 often nowadays. Im not even finished with the regular levels. And rarely playing the Arena…..

Putte
    @puttekula

No, no more pigs showing the closer to the top I get…

Ty_Sylicus
    @tysylicus

The Tower seems unplayable. Today I encountered two pigs before the 5th floor. I threw in the towel. 10 orbs may be worth 120 gems but, I’m dangerously low from the Tower bleeding me dry the week.

Highest I’ve been is floor 15. I was too afraid to continue.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@puttekula Next time you decide to play it again to the top of the tower, please share at what level you finally saw/won a fancy hat.

It will be at that point when your gem spend will be the most noteworthy… aka translating how much it cost you to accumulate the awards to that stage.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Today I had a very good run on the Tower. I received 3 Mighty Eagle Spells, 1232 Gems, 3 Golden Duck Spells, 150 Black Pearls, about 2800 Chuck feathers, 7 Pig Inflator Spells, 3 Blizzard Spells, a Matilda Winter Hat (the 1000 pearl one), and 5 Chili spells. I made it to floor 50 before I voluntarily quit, as I couldn’t afford to get past another pig. I did replenish more gems that I put into it, though.

@captsternn
    I don’t have any official algorithms to break the tower, but I noticed that for about 90% of the time, the pig wouldn’t return to the spot it was previously. I kept alternating from the pig’s old spot to the spot next to the pig’s old spot and I didn’t see that many pigs.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I guess I must be missing the point here.

I can’t help but feel that this is immoral gambling? It purely promotes gambling and chasing after your losses. Sure sometimes you win, but I bet on average you lose more than you win.

this is nothing more than a roulette wheel and something I find abhorrent and, as I say, immoral.

Are under 18’s allowed to play this wheel? Nothing to stop them is there?

How does someone report this?

Putte
    @puttekula

@djlarryt

The average has been around 5 levels between the pig visit. And I cant see some pattern. I also tried that previous pig spot trick and sometimes it worked, others not.
    This time it costed 44720 gems compared to 38320 last time I wrote it down. I earned 4991 gems this time and 7281 before. The 1010 gems reward started at level 32 this time and 3200 penalty at 39. Quite late for me as it usually kicks in at around 30.

So @sumobro had some real luck there…

And as allways, the Fancy hats are at level 90. Any surprises there…?
    So for me, the average cost for this is wau over 30000 gems per ride…
    Btw, there is a 500 pearl reward for a double Fancy hat.

James Peden
    @james-peden

It seems like we are playing a different game. I so far have won 4 fancy hats and about 7500+ feathers for 5 of my birds. I started out playing with 4 cards and made it to level 30 where the fancy hats are for me. After I won 2 of them I now only play with 3 cards that makes it much tougher, although I have been able to win 2 more fancy hats. Overall I am up about 3500 gems across 2 devices. And it is just a matter of time until I get the full set of fancy hats.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Thanks, SumoBro. I hadn’t considered that strategy. I will give it a try next time.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Tomorrow I will try a different strategy and see how it works, and I will post it here. Also, Fancy Hats for me are supposed to be on Floor 90.

kelshe
    @kelshe

Got a pig on the first floor. Zero incentive to go on.

Ty_Sylicus
    @tysylicus

Having the worst luck.
    I was crushed on level 6. I can’t even afford the 100 gems at this time. So now I’m another 20 gems down with nothing to show for it.

Takes forever to accumulate gems without purchasing them.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@jeremyharrod of course it’s a form of gambling. AB2 plays off addictions to keep people wanting to return to the game. This elevator ‘challenge’ is just a more blatant and desperate way to hook people into spending real cash for virtual awards. Many other game sites (including those for kids, eg ClubPenguin, Webkinz) also subversively teach kids to gamble for prizes using parents’ ca$h as fuel.

@tysylicus: Takes forever to accumulate gems without purchasing them.

Of course it does. See my post above on gem deficit balances.

Thanks @puttekula, you are right- no surprises there. I think the results you report will be typical for most players (unless they get lucky like @sumobro and @james-peden).

BTW that “last pig card spot” method as I mentioned is only an illusion- the game chooses the card at time of clicking, the odds against you are worked into the algorithm (eg upon each click your chances of the pig showing up are 1/4 or 1/3 clicks to begin, likely). I’d be pretty safe to say if you always clicked the first card your odds of hitting the pig will be mostly like similar.

However data scientists all keep in mind that when using a random number generator, even the computer randomly selects certain numbers more times than others ;-)

cognitive
    @cognitive

This is the Almighty (Eagle)’s revenge for spending all this time in probability courses… Today made it to level 42, won thousands of feathers, over a thousand gems, a couple Christmas hats, and a few hats I had, and only met the pig thrice. total spent 20+100+200.

I have no illusions this will happen again, but I can’t help but wonder if they are enticing people who stop early in general.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yeah, SumoBro, that didn’t work out. Pig was where pig was many times over. But what did work was that I won about 13,000 feathers and maybe some spells. I don’t keep up with spells, I have thousands. Only use them for the KPC. Restored, got all gems back, kept feathers. Lost pearls won. Not so bad.

snappy
    @snap

To spend gems wisely, avoid being too greedy like I did the first time. Got to level 45 spending 520 gems and getting a knight hat , Christmas hat and over 3k gems but kept going thinking those gems are already banked. The next pig required 800 gems but I had started with only 1100 gems!

Lost it all and have not reached anywhere close to that run of luck since.

Now I stop and give up if I have not already earned enough gems for the next pig. It’s a long wait but not losing gems is better.

For the tower refill times, *hint* try changing your time zones *hint*

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Hi everybody. I have to report oddity in my game. My elevator has only 30 floors. 30-th floor is always jackpot prize and I am not sure if I ever saw pig there. I can repeat playing level 30 until I get fancy hat. If I get one that I already have I get 500 pearls instead.

epicbird
    @filipersr

Tower of fortune has 90 floors and you can get those hats (x5) only on 90 th floor.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.