Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

• Prior to Christmas Update, there’s something new called Tower of Fortune. Last time i played that mini games, i spend 320 gems to manage reach floor 30. Here’s what i get :

2497 Silver Feathers
    2 Mighty Eagles
    5 Chilli
    2 Floater
    1 Blizzard
    1 Duck
    50 Black Pearl
    177 gems
    1 Knight Hat
    1 Beachwear Hat

Is Tower of Fortune the right place to spend our gems ? I see the reward are more interesting and huge that makes me want to spend my gems in there instead in arena. But, 320 gems isn’t a small number to lose. I wonder if i make the right decision or not.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • Soren Hecht
    @sorenhecht

last set of hats (25,000 pearls each, 5x multiplier) is unique and worth playing (probably)

upd. With my 20 gems it’s impossible to play this thing.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

I rather they have the infinite video watching option but then gems can generate money better

IMO if you have lots of gems then go ahead and spend them. However if u have to pay money to buy gems, then no.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Spend your gems if you have a LOT of them, or if you know when to stop. I played the Tower Of Fortune and the gem costs for continuing in case you picked a pig card are 20, 100, 200, 400, 800… You can pretty much guess what would come after 800.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

I wouldn’t take the risk of losing those hard-earned rewards unless it’s something useful (like a hat with a x5 score multiplier), so I would stop on the higher floors to prevent the higher chances of losing prizes taking place

Putte
    @puttekula

I will make another run for the top tonight. Will write down what the cost will be….
    Anyone else reached the top>?

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

FYI: Floor 30 is all 3x Hats.

dpage
    @dpage

You’re quite lucky to reach level 30 seeing the pig only 3 times (out of the 24 levels with pigs) – that’s around 12% chance. The amount of gems for continuing rises so quickly that it is almost better to stop when you reveal the 3rd pig.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

I spent Gems 3 times to get to Floor 30.
    I was getting a lot of gems back from the tower , so it was worth it.

Putte
    @puttekula

I did the run to the top last night, and that was a big loss gems wise. Will try it again tonight when guests leave…Hmm, theres another life…

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

I played tower of fortune today and ended up with over 1000 gems surplus, 60 black pearls, one winter hat and one fancy hat. I also got close to 2000 feathers for Silver, 20 mighty eagles and couple other spells.
    I guess it was my lucky day.

Proteus
    @proteus

Wow… I don’t think spend gems more than 3 times is the right thing to do. 720 gems ? That’s big loss. Although i’m having more than 10k gems, Maybe, i’m gonna try to spend gems only for next 3 turns and see what happens. Thanks guys for your thought…
    And i’m have one more question, how long it takes for next chance entering Tower of Fortune after you completing in that day ? After i finished the event today, the countdown says 3 hours, but after 3 hours, it’s still locked and it says next 24 hours. Are we gonna get new chances in the next 27 hours ?

cognitive
    @cognitive

I suppose 20 is not bad but it gets ugly from there. The main problem will be down the road when those with infinite gems / cheaters now have a legit way to convert gems into pearls, and that’s basically all she wrote for the rest of us semi-legit players (Our Lady of Infinity is still with us :)).

We need to calculate probabilities by level, and expected mean value for return once we have collected some data… At the beginning all four cards are prizes, and at level 30 it’s all pigs. So, we could break into four segments (floors 1-8, 9-17, etc) and calculate the odds of a pig in the four cards…

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Tried that, Cognitive. It doesn’t work. At least not with the way I do it. The amount of gems and pearls we have, as well as progress in the winning streak, are stored on the device while feathers, hats, spells, arena tickets, rank, progress in the levels and points in the arena are stored with Rovio. I burned through about 15,000 gems to see what would happen, did win pearls. Did a restore and got gems back but lost the pearls I had won. (I felt kind of sick when my gem count was down to 12,000 since I normally keep it around 27,000.)

The tower is a real gem eater, not worth it to me. I only got through three levels today before hitting the pig and losing everything. I think I will try to make it through five, and if I do, quit and keep what I won. But no gems on the tower. Gems and spells are strictly for the KPC, maybe DC if I am really, really close and it is a sure thing to beat it with 60 gems.

Anonymous

Made it to level 61 today before exiting the elevator…..whilst it cost me 6000 gems, I got back 7350 gems, around 200 pearls (via a bunch of hats I already own), around 30 eagles, 80 golden ducks, and maybe one or two other things….what pissed me off was in 61 levels, not once did I see a fancy hat (let alone actually get a fancy hat).

For a mini game that is supposed to promote offering fancy hats, I am yet to see any of them and they are the only set I am missing :/

dpage
    @dpage

And i’m have one more question, how long it takes for next chance entering Tower of Fortune after you completing in that day ? After i finished the event today, the countdown says 3 hours, but after 3 hours, it’s still locked and it says next 24 hours. Are we gonna get new chances in the next 27 hours ?

I have the same question too. My main account takes 19 hours to recharge (but when I reload the game it says 10, and at the end I think it takes 10-12 hours). However on my low-level alt it recharges every hour (!). However one is iOS and the other Android, not sure if that matters…

Anonymous

Add me to the group above with Tower Of Fortune timing issues, I posted the following on their FB page…

Angry Birds 2 can you please sort out the timing for Tower Of Fortune? …..basically if I play the tower of fortune, when I finish it says “tower of fortune available in 5 (or sometimes 6) hours”, but when that 5 or 6 hours is up, instead of becoming available it then says “tower of fortune available in 23 hours”…..WTF? …..so in total you end up waiting 28 to 29 hours to play once, and then another 28 to 29 hours before you can use it again

Would be good to get ^ that ^ fixed when Rovio return from Christmas Break @hank

P.S Merry Christmas to all Rovio staff and all Angrybirdsnest Flingers :D

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

@chucky-2 that is strange as I could get only 30 levels in tower and at the top level (30) all cards were fancy hats. I wasn’t lucky today as it gave me fancy hat for Red, which I got yesterday and it gave me 500 pearls instead.

Proteus
    @proteus

Today i’m finally get another chance to Tower of Fortune and maybe my luck is running out. Already spend more than 1500 gems and only get less half than that. But i’m kinda happy with another rewards, especially 6494 Bomb feathers to upgrade my Bomb to Elder Azure and 4 Mighty Eagle. Has anyone already made it to floor 60 or more ?

Jim151
    @jim151

Is there a pig on every level, or just certain ones? So far I have quit after getting 10 pearls on level 5, which usually costs me 20 gems to get to. If there is a chance of a pig every time, I don’t see how you guys get to level 30 and beyond without spending tons of gems.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

1st card today was 9 feathers. 2nd card was a pig. 100 gems to continue. No, just no.

dpage
    @dpage

Is there a pig on every level, or just certain ones?

Yes there’s one on every level except those in multiples of 5. Once in a while you can indeed get to level 30 spending gems only three or fewer times (there’s a 12% chance as I mentioned). Most of the time you can’t, and it is wise to stop before you’re paying too much – and of course that also depends on what you have already earned so far.

James Peden
    @james-peden

I madid it all the way to level 30, only spent 320 gems. I won a fancy hat for unfortunately blue (25,000) pearls, a knight hat for bomb (1000) pearls, a winter hat for Marilla (1000) pearls, 6597 gems, 4580 feathers for matilda, 6 pig inflator ,5 mighty Eagles 3 ducks and 3 blizzards as well as 50 bl ack pearls. But when I went back to play the next time it only had 3 cards not 4. This makes much harder as I only made it to level 25th 2nd time this time winning a pirate hat for red a cowboy hat for terrace and a knight hat for chuc. I also won 7497 feathers for silver and 5382 gems as well as 30 pearls and a dozen assorted spells. I spent 1520 gems this time and it would have cost me 1600 on the next pig. I should have played on as I only needed to get bye 4 more levels as there is no pig on level 30 and I was up almost 10,000 gems. Has anyone else won and then had the cards cut from 4 to 3. Made it to level 30 a second time this time playing with 3 cards not 4. Much harder but spent only 120 gems. Got a second fancy hat this time for red, also got a knight hat for chuck. And a pirate hats as well plus 3000+ feathers and gems. Figured out a bit of a system where the most I will spend to get to level 30 is 1520 gems, but generally less.

Anonymous

@cosmo2503 for me level 30 is only a super jackpot floor, according to the pig that pops up, super jackpot floors only hold x3 hats….that also applies to level 60.

For me to get a fancy hat I have to reach level 90 when it changes from a super jackpot floor to a legendary jackpot floor……in order to reach level 90 I can only assume you need about 15,000 (to 20,000) gems as I can reach 60ish fairly easy but run out of gems before I can reach 90.

@hank
    in addition to the timing issue I posted about, can you also clarify why some players only have 30 levels and can get a fancy hat at level 30, when other players seem to have an endless amount of floors and in order to get a fancy hat I have to reach stupid level 90 :/. Who did I piss off at Rovio!?

Jim151
    @jim151

OK, so this time I decided to spend gems to go higher. Took me 320 to reach level 20. At a cost of a net 228 (320 minus the 92 I won), I got about 500 feathers divided between 2 birds, 5 spells, and 40 pearls. So, a little better than the DC, but at a higher cost. I’ll try again later and see where 320 gets me.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I messed up today. Said I would try to get through five levels and then quit, but got greedy and kept going. I actually cleared 11 levels before I got the pig and had everything reset. But all I lost were a few feathers, two spells and 10 pearls. Not worth 100 gems to keep.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is Tower of Fortune The Right Place to Spend Gems ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.