How much has this game cost you?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How much has this game cost you?

• After reading one person spent $1500 playing, I became curious to the true cost that
    others spend to play this ‘free’ game.
    I am a good shooter, but still find this game seems rigged into pay to play. Arena opponents have 1-9 higher point advantages, wrong birds frequently qued, spells work poorly costing point loss and more…until you ante up real cash to win a game.
    So this is my question, what level are you on and how much have you payed so far?
    I am at L140/$30. Thanks, PhoenixH

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • Penz
    @penz

If by level you mean flock power, I’m at 214. Haven’t spent anything just a lot of time and effort. I’m gobsmacked that someone has spent that much on this game.

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’m 160 and I spend about $40 but the google play survey app has cut that down a bunch. But $1500 bucks?!! Trumps kids maybe… I couldn’t eat or have a place to call home if I spent that much.

Putte
    @puttekula

Spent at least 300$ on Epic before I found the magic multi coin trick. On AB2 not a dime. Found that trick before paying big $….
    Flock power 224 and at the last level.

Penz
    @penz

Isn’t 231 the highest flock power achievable at the moment or have I got my maths wrong?

Anonymous

Correct Penz + spells, but that power doesn’t seem to show in the flock power total as you haven’t selected them by the time that flock power screen shows up.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Before birdday uprate i spent few hundreds for gems but after i restarted my game from zero not a single penny. Much more fun and competition btw.

Penz
    @penz

Thought so, thanks Chucky. What flock power are you on?

Mark Melton
    @mark-melton

I’m learning the Big differences between the other angry birds games and ABs2. This game has resource Steelers built into it..as with other’s for Xbox act.. I could max out my birds, resources and slings. The order of wrong birds like, blues for stone, Clarence for long pinpointed shots kill you in the arena and other area’s like the DC.

But Im done spending my hard earned cash on a game.

It is crazy to blow thousands of dollars on a game. It is not like anybody is going to put you on TV “Here’s the million dollar winner of the Angry birds 2 arena Chewy Pigbomb!

Putte
    @puttekula

Its like an addiction. But why arent u guys doing that mega gem trick?
    Stop that silly whining….

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@puttekula because not everybody is an ignorant little snot that enjoys cheating when they play games.

BonnieJ
    @bonniejohnston

@djlarryt

LMAO…. that was good!!

Putte
    @puttekula

@djlarryt

No, but whining around like small children is the way to go. This whining has been around for a while now. Has it helped? Play it and take it for what it is, or shut up….

Penz
    @penz

You’re the one who needs to shut the hell up. This is a forum and people can voice their concerns or displeasure so pipe down.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

@puttekula What is mega gem trick?

Putte
    @puttekula

Whiners, look in another direction now. Here comes the solution. But what can u guys write about then… ? Bohooo, Mummy…Rovio is cheating us…bohooo

http://www.vshare.com/

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

LOL @djlarryt!!

But seriously @puttekula, if you didn’t cheat at playing this game how long would you have lasted in it? Would you have spent a dime of your own money on it like others have done?

Calling people whiners who are trying to play the game fairly and advising them to use the exploits available isn’t exactly a great reflection on you, either.

NEWSFLASH: Downloading a hacked game and using it is STILL CHEATING.

BTW shouldn’t you be doing your homework and not trolling forums?

Putte
    @puttekula

Seriously, I promised myself to not pay a dime in this game. Thats after paying hundreds of dollars in Epic. And I did hang in here in AB2 quite long. I really like the game and how its built. But I started to feel the desperation when strange things happened. And of course is the game rigged to get money out of players. It was no joy anymore when it was so obvious about that rigging and hard to get thru some of the levels. Most often the nice add popping up telling me to pay to continue. The movies made most often the game freeze. Now I can play without that frustration and just enjoy the game. I will remember someone saying, if they charged me 10-20-30 $ for the game and the playing was for free, I would gladely have done that.
    Rovio will NEVER change this. And to see that the most posts nowadays is about Rovios bad behavior makes me wonder, is it me that has some serious problem, or the ones that over and over again making them feel bad about this game? NEWSFLASH: Rovio is cheating you….
    If someone will cheat upon me, I will do the same back. I feel fine anyway and really relaxed in my flinging….

Btw, I could probably dating your mom…. :o)

AngryPlayer
    @angryplayer

@puttekula Thanks for your thoughtful response. Without knowing the history of what drives people when playing this game, it’s hard to take what someone says at face value- this is a forum after all. But I need to state that I have a renewed respect for your opinion now that I understand your point and how you got there. :) Sorry for being such an azz, I owe you an apology.

Although on one hand, I’m not a fan of 2 wrongs making a right: Rovio cheating players and players cheating Rovio in return. That part is not cool.

On the other hand, the way Rovio deals with the transparency of rooking players is pretty disrespectful as well. Players should just be able to play AND ENJOY the game and leave it at that. I get it that Rovio wants a return profit on their product but there’s a fine line when that process becomes full-out extortion on user addictions.

I’ve been playing this game since it debuted and have noticed a 125% shift in game mechanics. It was really fun in the early days. However it looks like the clear case of “opportunistic profit” which many companies get a taste of when they see their product could make them rich and then they relentlessly dig their claws in. As I mentioned in another thread, I was on their side of the fence for some years, working as a game developer/programmer/modeler and I know EXACTLY what they’re doing: I’ve seen it in action first-hand and still had the same ethical dilemma about shifting from fun game => overblown profit opportunity. Rovio makes enough profit off their product lines to stay in business, but greed has taken the steering wheel (and in such a petty fashion).

Anyway, I’m still not fully onboard with the self-justification that it’s OK to cheat just to keep up with this game. Players shouldn’t have to resort to dishonesty just to play this, or any of Rovio’s other products.

However when balancing that against the underhanded bait-and-switch “tricks” Rovio has been pulling since inception, the scales tip rather heavily. Couple that in with their dishonesty/ non-transparency about rigging and other game mechanics that they’re incorporated, PLUS the way they ignore problems they can’t seem to fix (eg hackers), my sympathy redirects to give power back to the players.

Apologies for being so judgmental. I’ll have to decide myself if I’ve been driven to the point of cheating just to play this game- I’ll likely delete it first. But have fun and give Rovio a few sucker punches for me :)

BTW I’m surviving both my parents, and am old enough to have kids with their own kids as well ;)

Putte
    @puttekula

Nice written Angry…

And as you say, its way over any limit that they will change this. And I dont want to stop playing. But only do it in my way and be able to enjoy it… Cheating or not, I dont care…. And I think there are a lot of others out there thinking in the same way.
    Im soon Grandpa BTW… :o)

And sorry for my bad English as Im from a total different country.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

Cleared all the levels, 0 money spent.

If there were some decent ways to spend money in AB2, like a one-time fee to get rid of ads and life restrictions, I would probably have went with that but the way they do it now there’s no way I’m gonna buy anything.

Mighty Screamer-ingame
    @simon-mosegaard

Nothing – I will never spend a dime on this game!

Anonymous

Apologies @penz I missed your question, however to answer I have 231. But I believe Phoenix meant star level which for me I think is 165.

snappy
    @snap

A whole lot of sleep.

Its too addictive. and I am hooked.

:(.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum How much has this game cost you?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.