How do the New GP, GPM, and Daily Rewards Work?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How do the New GP, GPM, and Daily Rewards Work?

• I created this to be a place to collect data on the new GP, GPM, Daily Rewards, and max number of LC you can get per week. Right now I have more questions than answers, so please post what you know.

“Daily GP”
    * How often does a new GP appear? It does not seem to be every 24 hours. Is it the next fixed time of day following a minimum of 24 hours, e.g. the first 5pm at least 24 hrs since you played the previous GP?
    * How long is that GP available. It appears to be a few hours at most.
    * Will we always get a notice that a GP has appeared?
    * Are all GPs worth 1 LC?
    * Does the GP appear in the same spot for everyone? Or at least in the same order of spots?
    *** My first GP, Thurs afternoon, was supposed to be on Snow Mountain, but I couldn’t find it.
    *** My second GP, Thurs evening, was supposed to be in the Bamboo Forest, but again I couldn’t find.
    *** Third GP Fri morning was on Hogs Head Mountain, HHM-1, and I played it and got 1 LC.
    * Do people who have not played all the island or all Chronicle Caves get a GP on a level they have played? (I have played all, so I can’t easily answer this question.)

Golden Pig Machine (GPM)
    * Can now get 6 spins for the price of 5; no increase in price.
    * Has the number of spins required to fill up the rainbow bar increased? Some people say it has, and some have noticed that their rainbow bar is not nearly as full as before the update.

“Daily Reward”
    * The “daily” reward is available 24 hrs after you claimed the previous one, so it is not daily by my definition.
    * The daily reward calendar seems to go a month at a time, so we will need to wait until Oct to find out how this really works.
    * For July, day 7 on the calendar is 20 LC
    * For a complete month, will some rewards of LC be more than 20?
    * Will the rainbow riot occur every 7 days, every 8 days, or???

Max Number of LC per week
    * Right now it appears that the update may have significantly reduced the max number of LC you can get per week.
    * If the max number of LC from the daily rewards is 20, and you can get 7 LC from the “daily” GP, the max number would be 27 or 23% less than the 35 you got every week if signed into FB, and less than the 28 you would get if not.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all @Sal9 — Does anyone know any of the answers to the questions asked above?

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I only updated ABE yesterday (Friday 24th July and in the UK) and was pretty disappointed that the ‘golden clouds’ have disappeared. I had collected 50 stamp cards and had nearly finished 51, and was hoping to get to 52 to know I had played every day for the past year (or since understanding how the stamp cards worked at least).

I had a notice that a golden pig was on south beach first time. There was a small icon of the pig clearly visible on which battle location.

Today’s pig (at Saturday 25th July after 21:00hrs UK time) showed up at Moorlands 3 at the top of the map. In both instances I only gained 1 lucky coin.

Day 7 for July also shows 20 lucky coins for me, so i guess this is the same for everyone.

Apologies if i’ve repeated stuff but i haven’t really kept up on forum posts for a while, but really had to say something about this update which hasn’t been positively received by a lot of people. No crashes though, just takes several attempts to even get into the game.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bikerdood — I should have asked where your GP’s have appeared, and how far you’ve gotten in the game.

@stevey
    — When did you get the first GP? How far are you in the game? Have you finished the entire island and the Chronicle Caves?

Red7827
    @gulgor0

I think rainbow riots will be replaced with these on the calendar. For bonus, it looks like now the chance for set items is five times bigger instead of three times.

PJng
    @pjng

Calendar daily reward seem is 24 hour for me, but not local time (reset at 12am), first day (12am) I collect it show next item on 7H, second day I collect at 8am next item show 23H, just now I collect on 10am it show 21H.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Based on reply from @bikerdood in another thread:
    I think that means that you saw the GP at ~3:50 PM CDT, and I saw mine at 4:10 PM PDT. My current guess is that the GP appears at ~3 PM local time, maybe 2 PM?? I think if you don’t claim it within some length of time, it disappears and gets replaced by another. However, maybe if you don’t play one until the next day, it counts for that day’s GP, so you don’t get another until the following day at 3 PM or whatever.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I just claimed my daily reward for today (somewhat late) and the timer for the next daily reward said 21 hrs, so it seems to be at a fixed time each day.
    For me it is 5 PM PDT.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@gulgor0 Thanks for that info. It will make it much nicer if rainbow riot is only every 8th day instead of every 7th day.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I just claimed my daily reward for today (somewhat late) and the timer for the next daily reward said 21 hrs, so it seems to be at a fixed time each day.
    For me it is 5 PM PDT.

5 PM PDT is 2 AM CET which is when my daily reward resets so that time is probably the same for everybody.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryjohnny My daily reward time today seemed to be 10:00am on the East Coast of Australia, which corresponds to 5:00pm on West Coast USA (PDT). So it looks like we have a universal reward time.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Yesterday I collected the reward number 3, on my Ipad.
    Today, when I,launch the game on my Iphone, the synchronisation doesn’t work. So, I collecte again the reward number 3. And in Arena, I lose all my progress of yesterday…

Thanks Rovio….

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

@mvnla2 The first LC was in the afternoon UK time Friday 24th July. I have completed the island and all the chronicle caves.

What I found a little worrying is that i played through Star Reef Castle and the pigs were very easily defeated. When I finished the pig boss I was given far less tokens that normal, and thought they had nerfed it. This would have been the last straw, but thankfully it seems back to normal. I wonder if anyone else encounted a ‘bugged’ SRC like I did?

sal9
    @sal9

@mvnla2

“Daily GP”
    * How often does a new GP appear? It does not seem to be every 24 hours. Is it the next fixed time of day following a minimum of 24 hours, e.g. the first 5pm at least 24 hrs since you played the previous GP?
    A: At first, I thought it was a daily event (at least for the first two days) – But no, I am still waiting to todays GP to show up. So it’s not a daily (24hrs) occurrence.

* How long is that GP available. It appears to be a few hours at most.
    A: Some have reported that it vanished after a few hours.

* Will we always get a notice that a GP has appeared?
    A: I will speculate by saying yes.

* Are all GPs worth 1 LC?
    A: So far yes (not happy about that personally)

* Does the GP appear in the same spot for everyone? Or at least in the same order of spots?
    *** My first GP, Thurs afternoon, was supposed to be on Snow Mountain, but I couldn’t find it.
    *** My second GP, Thurs evening, was supposed to be in the Bamboo Forest, but again I couldn’t find.
    *** Third GP Fri morning was on Hogs Head Mountain, HHM-1, and I played it and got 1 LC.
    A: No, the location changes randomly. The problem here is that the GP icon is so small that you can easily miss it.

* Do people who have not played all the island or all Chronicle Caves get a GP on a level they have played? (I have played all, so I can’t easily answer this question.)
    A: Good question, I would say that GP should appear on unlocked levels.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@mvnla2 @sal9 My very first Golden Pig appeared in a 3-wave Bamboo Forest level, so I managed to earn 3 LCs in that level, because the Golden Pig appeared in each wave. So we just have to keep our fingers crossed that the Golden Pig will spawn in a multiple-wave level to get the most LCs.

sal9
    @sal9

@mighty-red-1 That’s good news :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Mighty-red-1 — Very interesting. I was going to suggest that all the GPs were appearing in the first level of the area, which is usually a one-wave battle. Good to know that you should fight all waves in a multi-wave battle, even if you get a GP in the first wave.
    By now it is clear that the locations of the GP are different for everyone.
    [Edit} It also seems that the GP daily reward appears at a universal time for everyone: 5 PM PDT or 2 AM CET. This is identical to the time the next dungeon opens for me. Is that true for everyone else?
    My guess is that if you do not play the GP on the same local calendar day, or within 12 hours, or by the end of the day CET???, it counts as the next day’s GP, so you will not get your new daily GP until more that 24 hrs later. Will have to think about this more.

@stevey
    — When people find their first LC seems to depend on luck. When did you get the next ones?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@mighty-red-1, @sal9,

Do you think that there is a solution to my problem ?
    Now I have a day of delay on the calendar, it is annoying.

And why t-il there that 8 days of planned on this one ?

sal9
    @sal9

@grimmjow The daily rewards listed are for the month of July. When the update landed, there was 8 days left to July 31st.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@salar
    Oh yes, of cours.
    And how can I collecte the reward of my lorst day ? Or I will lose the last reward when calendar of August come…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@grimmjow — I’m not sure why you missed a daily reward. It should have been available 24 hrs after you claimed the previous one. Maybe they are only available for a limited time?
    It is not clear if the rainbow riot will occur every 7 days or every 8 days, but someone pointed out that the chance of getting a set item is 5 times normal, rather than the 3 times previously. Also, you can now get 6 rolls for the price of 5.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Not happy — It is 24 hrs since I saw the last GP and none has appeared.

@Sal9
    — How long did you have to wait for the 3rd GP. I sure hope you’ve gotten it by now.
    @all corrected my mistake my post before last.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Could use your help in figuring out how often the GP appears, and how many waves and coins you get from the battles.
    It seems that Rovio didn’t promise that it was replacing the daily golden pig who appeared at the start of each day in the golden cloud with a DAILY golden pig that you need to find. Rovio only said that there would be GP scattered over the island at an undefined interval. We just assumed it HAD to happen daily, right? Especially since the number of LC available per week seems to have been decreased.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I have only fought the new GP twice. The only time I got a message or hint as to where the GP was located was when I first updated to 1.2.9. Does anyone know how to make the hint appear? I suspect the frequency of the GP is something like the frequency of the free spin on a friends’ GPM so people using Facebook will probably see it more often than those that do not.

I’m using the iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.4 and it crashes constantly. It is also a lot slower than 1.2.8. Earlier ithis evening it took more than 3 minutes to load the game! I’m not using my iPad to play because if it is so slow on the newest and fastest iPhone I can only imagine how slow it will run on my iPad 3. The hardest objective to complete is now the kill 10 birds in one battle 3 times since the longer you play the more likely he game will crash on you.

Has anyone gotten the new set items from the GPM yet?

angryde
    @angryde

I have encountered a new golden pig each and every day since the update; pretty much 24 hours to the hour after completing the relevant battle. The game always provides me with the alert/location prompt.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerKea — Did you actually find a GP with no message? Having to search for the GP without a message would be intolerable.
    I’ve gotten either 3 or 4 GPs. Twice I’ve had to wait more than 36 hrs. They all have had messages. The last GP (this morning) was expected last evening at 4 PM. It was a 3 wave battle, and I did get 3 LC. Since I didn’t collect it until this morning, I suspect it won’t be until tomorrow at ~4 PM. So that would be 3 LC in 48 hrs, which is better than 1/day.

@cosmo2503
    has both new set items, and I borrowed her Paladin with them the other day. Wasn’t clear to me that they were better than the Dragon set, but I may not understand how to use them.
    It also seemed to me that some of the dungeons at the end of the week are more difficult than they used to be, since I ended up using the chili potion several times when I never used to use it at all. Verdict is waiting till end of this week, since I am not positive that I was playing the normal battle. I think I was, but???

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How do the New GP, GPM, and Daily Rewards Work?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.