Hatchlings

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchlings

Viewing 20 replies - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Replies
  • Steinbird
    @steinbird

@garethw, are you waiting at least 36-40 hours before feeding? You can easily earn 25 in that amount of time. To do so, you must (and these do NOT include the special hatchling apple event):

Play the daily challenge. Even of you make just 2 rooms, you will get 2 apples. If you make it through all 3, you will have earned at least 5 apples.

Play the arena every day. Even if you lose, you can play back to level 2. That gives you 2 more apples.

Use the Elevator Tower. You can usually get at least 2, if not 3 apples. So far that’s 10 apples.

Get your free stuff on the free card at least 3 times a day. That’s another 3.  None of this includes the King Pig Panic (another 7 if you make it, or at least 1 for each of the first 2 rooms) or others. So you can see that it should be relatively easy to get more than 25 apples in a 48 hour period. But ya gotta play every day. Remember you don’t lose your hatchling for 49 hours. I hope that helps. Using this, I have sustained level 3 for many months, and have now also a reserve of well over 300 apples.

Best, Steindog

Andrew Stewart
    @andrew-stewart

I saved almost 1000 apples and I just went through all 20 feedings of level 4. I have like 500-600 apples left. I too wonder where is this going. My fat ass baby should be a big bird now and eat his own stinking apples. Is he going to level up to be like a Stella or hal? So annoying.

Jacob
    @cobby

I recently discovered that you can name your hatchling “Bastard” – which means illegitimate child. By doing that, I used an alternative account and decided to check out if there are any “bypassed” names for your Hatchlings. I entered in “Little Bastard” and Rovio actually had no difficulties with it. Even if it’s not really considered as a “cuss word,” it’s the only name I can find.

So, if you have an opinion that the Hatchlings are little sobbing morons, this name would be the best choice for you. Have fun feeding it! :3

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

The little bugger has same name for my both accounts. Phoenix, because when the little s*** dies, it will get resurrected. ;)

As winter has come, one might name the b**tard as “Snow”…

cagier
    @cagier

I let my hatchling die at level three because it was eating too many apples. He gets a super sad face and  looks like a hobo and then he flies away. Then you start over with a whole new egg and hatchling.  I already spend money for other stuff and I’m not gonna spend more money for apples.

SB311
    @sb311

Why is there no timer anymore for the hatchling feedings? There is only a feed me button now.

Do we still get feathers, do we still need to feed it? Why did they change it when we have no idea when the event is going to start? :|

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Removing the timer was really stupid idea!

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, I fed it for the first time since the update and the timer came back so I think we still have the 48 hours in between feedings.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I had the timer back, too. I’ve not fed the bugger, but somehow it still looks like it’s been fed! Unless I somehow started both devices, launched game and fed it while sleeping. Oh… plus closed game and shut down both devices. Timer still shows it all happened while I was sleeping, so I’m confused. Do I play while sleeping?! :D

garethw
    @garethw

I thought however long you leave it if you don’t play you get 59 mins 59 secs when you start to play again to feed.

Similarly you don’t drop down the Arena leagues if you don’t play.

SB311
    @sb311

Okay, the timer disappears once 24 hours passes after feeding the hatchling. Seems pretty stupid, but not really because it will probably get people to feed it more often.

I guess i will wait and see what happens in 24 hours because I’m not feeding it again.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Timer disappearing does not make me feed it more often. I just have more breaks between playing. Just to be sure the need for berries for little bugger is real and not just early sad face.

SB311
    @sb311

@rawdatasystems, yeah, I’m waiting 24 hours of the sad face to see what happens next.

Whether the 59:59 timer starts or what. This is pretty annoying.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Am I just imagining or has the counter changed from 48h to 24h? After that the counter seems to disappear and player can only guess when the second half of 48h is over and only 1 hour grace period prevents really unfortunate misses of deadline.

I don’t like this change. It’s designed to be as an apple sink and disaster waiting.

SB311
    @sb311

Okay, you can still wait 48 hours to feed. Not sure how it is if you leave the game and don’t play for more than 48 hours though. The timer comes back when you have 1hr to feed and the hatchling changes to hobo mode.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Hobo mode? Thanks for the laughs! :D

RayBone
    @raybone

If you leave the game say for a week when you return you’ll have one hour or 59 minutes and 59 seconds to feed the bird the bird is not going to die if you take a week off

RayBone
    @raybone

I play every day around 2 too 3 hours a day and level 2 I make more than enough Apple’s every 48 hours I now have a surplus of 207 Apple’s if I upgrade to level 3 which is 25 Apple’s every 48 hours I’m unable to keep up with demand. I found the game will give up 5 to 7 Apple’s a day as long as you do everything like play the arena, open to free chess, play the daily challenge, and if you need to play one or two levels but there’s no guarantee you’re going to get anything there. The daily challenge we usually get two apples for playing level 1 level 2 and if you win on level three you’ll get two more apples so that’s four plus your two free chess that you open will give you two apples the six apples so far if you go into the arena you can get to apples there depending on how much you play each streak is going to give up at least two apples. Oops math off by 1 u can get 8 Apple’s a day which only gives you 16 apples every 48 hours getting the rest of those apples to get up to that magic number 25 so you can keep up with the demand of that damn bird is almost guaranteed not to work out the game is designed to try and get you to spend hard-earned cash on stupid stuff.

Hatchlingsarecool23
    @hatchlingsarecool23

If any of you don’t know what the food shop is, go into the hatchling menu, then click the “plus” button right next to the apples, and there’s the food shop. It’s not worth it though, because it costs money to buy the apples.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchlings

Viewing 20 replies - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.