Hatchlings

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchlings

• Does anyone know what’s actually going on with these?

– How will hatchlings be used, e.g. are they a new bird?

– What’s the story with the apples, e.g. do hatchlings “level up”?

– If you’ve managed to use one yet, has it done something cool / improved the game experience?

TIA

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • Replies
  • Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

So far as I know, the hatchlings will be feeded (leveld up) with apples. They will be important for the bird level, because they are an additional multiplier for flockpower.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Copied from its info screen (the ‘I’ on upper right corner):

– “Hatchling is a boost for your multiplier!”

– “Feeding it will allow you to level it up and increase your multiplier!”

– “You can find apples in the food shop or by playing the game!”

What is “food store”, I have no idea whatsoever.

Games nowadays have annoying property of “learn to play as you play”, instead of instructions. I’ve played few weeks and I’m already angry for wasting some many jewels in the game.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Hatchlings are like the slingshot. Feed him a few times to upgrade, each upgrade adds 1 to the level of each bird. As he level up he’s eating more apples every day. If you don’t feed him for a few days he leave the nest, resetting the multiplier to zero. In the food shop you can buy apples for $$…

Apprentice
    @apprentice

Hello

Decades ago there was a nightmare toy called Tamagotchi. These little Hatchling pukes will die out also pretty soon I predict. First they want to eat apples but after that? Toilet round… This is not for me I guess.

AngryBirdStar
    @maria-cilento

But they are soooo cute…

Karla
    @karlacarey

Do you have to feed them the apples or does this happen automatically?

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Watch out! The hatchling will eat 10 apples per day on level 2… You’ll quickly reach a point when he start to eat your money!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like you have to feed them 5 berries at least once a day to keep them happy. Leveling them up costs a bunch of jewels, too. I don’t know yet if their level just drops after day without food or do they leave immediately, but I don’t think I’m going to sink 500 jewels for leveling them up any time soon. YMMV.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Does leveling them up cost more than 500 jewels after first level up?

Dezsike
    @dezsike

It costs 2500 gems for level 3, but it’s free if you feed him 5 times. Level up to level 2 will be free after feeding 2 times but think twice before doing so!

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Thanks for the tip. Not going to level up my little “Phoenix”.

Checking little one and seeing maintenance was up was a third scary surprise today.

Edit: Looks like hatchling does need to be fed only every other day, instead of every day. That’s a bit better than I originally thought, but I’m still not hurry to level up the little one.

Xcentrik1
    @xcentrik1

Agreed!   The next level requires 25 apples per feeding and 10 feedings to go to the next level.   There are few opportunities through regular game play to “earn” very many apples, so the premise is they are trying to entice you to BUY ($$) them…. and they are expensive considering 100 apples = $9.99 and at level 2/3 that will only cover 4 feedings.    I think we should be allowed to use our GEMS to buy them like we can spells.    This is a huge $$ gimic and I personally won’t ‘buy’ into it.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

From 5 to 10 to 25… that seems to indicate pretty steep curve! If hatchling is leveled up, sooner or later you either have to buy apples or let the little bugger starve. I don’t think many players are willing to go shopping at that point. At least not with those prices!

Wait… spells can be bought with gems? I hate the way games nowadays produce so many questions… and there are no manuals.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@rawdatasystems you can only buy spells if you run out of them. In that case a + sign will appear instead of zero. Tap it and a shop screen will appear similar to arena tickets. Ducks and blizzard are the cheapest with 60 gems for 3 spells. Chili is 100 for 3 and eagle is 300 for 3. I can’t remember the price of pig inflater, maybe 150 for 3.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Thanks for the info! So many things I’ve had to learn hard way in AB2, because there’s no detailed instructions anywhere. A bit of info here and more there, but that’s it.

I know I should not be surprised… but boy, are those spells expensive or what!

Xora
    @exora

So after they require 25 apples per feeding, (10 feedings) are we going to have to earn apples for the next level? i kinda hope they ain’t rip me off.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

No promises, @exora & @RawDataSystems, but I’m told that the apples we can get in play rise with the demands of our hatchling (which I’m told goes up to 50 apples a feeding – at least!) Personally I’m holding at Level 3 and seeing how I do.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Feeding time is closing and having 130 apples I think I may afford to level up once, little Phoenix being on level 2 now. The question is, does leveling up take care of feeding it once or at least removing little ones hunger for a day… or should I feed it before leveling up?

IOW, if you level up hungry hatchling, does it lose it’s appetite by leveling it up or does it stay hungry? I’m just trying to find out if I can save some apples.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Yes, @RawDataSystems, leveling up puts off the hangry’s!

Steinbird
    @steinbird

All of you, if you don’t play every day then stop at level 2. You will still be able to sustain this level. 10 apples per 48 hours. If you do play everyday, save up 75-100 apples before upping to level 3. DoNOT feed everyday, you have 48 hours before they die. Yes you will have to deal with the VERY sad face for awhile. So push it to at least 36 hours, and you can easily earn 25 apples in that time. That is your price to keep him. Then buy 25 apples. But the hatchlings give you good multipliers and will help you out. But unless you’re rich, NEVER NEVER EVER upgrade to level 4, as it is not sustainable and will cost you a lot.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@inigomontoya, thanks for confirming my gut feeling! Answer came after feeding time, so I played safe and only fed the little bugger. At next feeding time I’ll level up the little one instead.

@steinbird
    , I feel 10 apples between feeding is easy and I think 25 per day is sustainable without paying. But from level 4 on the idea of hatchling is designed to bleed players wallet, starting with giving the player an idea that (s)he almost made it without paying… “so why not spend a little”. And like it’s practically with all mobile games with in-game purchases, it’s too easy to sink hefty amounts to them once you start paying.

I wonder what are feeding costs of all levels for hatchlings and what is max. level.

Inigo Montoya
    @inigomontoya

Personally I’m thinking of calling my next hatchling Little Shit, since that’s what both Domingito & Little Fezzik think they’re called. Well, technically they’re right: it is what they’re called.

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

Called mine lil rovio. I love watching him starve, begging me for more food as I wait until the very last moment to toss him a bone (apples).

jenny57446
    @jenny57446

Has anyone let their hatchling die? I mistakenly upgraded to level 4 and am afraid I won’t be able to sustain him. I am not sinking any more $$ into this game than I already do. Unfortunately, the only way to “earn” apples is through the daily challenge and only one chance during the Tower of Fortune. And even if I play constantly, there are no other ways of earning them (or am I missing something?) So I am stuck now having to let him die. :(

AngrySmurf
    @angrysmurf

Based on other users comments, if you let him die, he’ll come back as an egg and re-hatch. Then you can start back at a lower level where you don’t have to feed him as much. I’m sticking at level 2 as 10 apples per feeding seems doable.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchlings

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.