Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

• For those without facebook friends, cave 11 is like hitting a wall (I’m level 39). I haven’t gotten Skulkers, since Paladin, pig, and healer are your team in 90% of the caves… and at 150 coins it would almost wipe me out. Even with skulkers, I’m not sure a single healer could keep everyone alive. I read the other threads on cave 11 but they all relied on using 3 birds.

Has anyone beaten this cave using only pig allies?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

I honestly can’t beat level 1 with a pig ally and my birds are pretty powerful. So my suggestion is to either create a petty FB account just for the game or get some nice EXP and Mastery levels. What you could try though is Samurai Princess and Pigiana. Its not the best combo but it should help you.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Yes. The thugs were just a case of potions and brutality. The ninjas not so bad because Pigianna has a dispel ability and unless you have the dispel set for Druid he is essential for the last wave. Use Paladin and spies for the thugs. Rainbird and Druid for the ninjas. I used Pigianna throughout. All 4 birds can heal but you still need potions. I can’t remember what the maximum level was at the time either 38 or 39 I think, any way I was the maximum. I had the dragon breath set, beep, twin lightening and nightmare. Cave 11 was no fun for the most part so I finally opened a FB account. Now the fun is back.a

Just remembered there is definitely a Shogun in wave 9 you will need Samurai.

Geirk Knudsen
    @geirk-knudsen

I came to battle 7 or 8 in cave 13 before I had to connect to Facebook and use friends birds. Pigiana was the most used pig until then. I probably used quite some potions on my way…

Elespejo
    @espejo123

I have beaten the cave with prince porky, pigiana jones and piggy MC`cool. But I used a lot of potions in the battles. Look the boss in cave 13.

[IMG]

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I can’t get past the final wave of level 2. It has a master ninja who usually knocks out samurai’s shields, and the shogun attacks 3 turns in a row instead of buffing. Even with highest level pig juice and fruit cake I can’t fully heal and someone goes down in the 2nd or 3rd round. I’ve burned a bunch of potions already. Plus with samurai shielding and matilde healing each round, I’m only attacking with pigiana… slow going.

I’m thinking I’m going to have to spend the gold in the dojo to get samurai, rainbird, and matilde so I can get past this level. Maybe using the chili on rainbird will allow me to take out the master ninja early.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I just tried cave 11-10 for the first time and actually found it to be very easy. I 3 starred it on my first try if I don’t count starting a battle to see what the boss was like with 2 birds then quickly exiting so I could choose my team. I didn’t know what to expect so I was lucky on selecting which birds and pig ally to use. I didn’t use any consumables.

Druid (8), Rogues (8), Pigiana

I equipped my Druid with the Sweet set. My BEEP does too much damage so I used RC Robot and Plushies for the Rogues. Even though this boss only does 620 damage it is good for your team to have as much health as possible so Matilda’s Medicine heals more. Later I beat it again with my Druid using the nightmare set. I was able to kill Shadowpig much quicker, but had to use consumables since my Druid couldn’t do enough healing.

To beat the boss all you do is keep attacking him with all 3 and use the Druid to heal when needed. Only use the rage chili for healing when needed. Pigiana is the perfect pig ally not because of his counter, but because of his dispel. When the bombs show up ignore them and don’t attack them. The bombs are your friends and prevent the master archers from appearing. Always attack a target with Pigiana first to dispel the protection the bombs provide. Eventually you will get to a point where your screen is just Shadowpig and 6 protection bombs. Just keep attacking Shadowpig with Pigiana first until he is dead, then destroy the bombs and use your Druid to heal if needed. That’s all I did and earned 33,000 to get 3 stars.

If you were referring to other levels in cave 11, I mainly used Rogues (7), Rainbird (7-8) and Piggy McCool for the Ninja levels. On the other levels with boss type characters I used Bard (7-8), Sea Dog (6) and Pigiana. For my Sea Dog team I mainly needed to make sure my Sea Dog was near full health so his damage would not go down too much. For the ninja levels using McCool’s restock ability saves a lot of consumables. I used one rage chili for every tough ninja level so I could use Chuck’s Speed of Light attack to quickly take out the master archers before most of them could attack. The early levels I beat using only 2 birds.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

I played only with pig allies until cave 12

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m finding cave 12 to be much easier than cave 11. I’m at 12-8 right now, but I did most of the previous levels with just two birds Wizard (8) with Time Jump and Spies (8) with BEEP. With two birds you have to use some consumables, but I’m using much less then I would if I fought ninja. I’ve 3 starred all the cave 12 levels so far with most done on the very first try because my scouting party of Wizard and Spies are strong enough.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I just beat 12-10 using Samurai (8) with ~L29 grand slam set, Princess (8) with ~L33 nightmare set and Prince Porky. It was a very tough battle and took 40 minutes because I raised my shields on my Samurai and healed him not noticing that my Princess was the focus of the Undead Bone Hunter’s attack. I had him below 20,000 health when I had to start over. I got impatient on my second attempt and burned through a bunch of consumables to finish him off quicker because there were several rounds where I wasn’t lowering his health due to him healing 2016 every 2 rounds. After both attempts I ended up using a total of 15 heal potions, 10 burning veggie cakes and 9 fruit cakes. If you don’t have the grand slam and/or nightmare sets, it’ll be really hard to beat this level with out Facebook friends because you’ll probably need to use 20-30 veggie cakes to constantly stun him. My score was 36,599 so I killed him quicker than most people who are able to use Facebook friends.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

I finally finished cave 11. I think my problem is that the 2nd level is actually one of the hardest and I gave up for a while. The master ninja on the final wave knocks out the shields, with bowmen and the shogun then massacring everyone in short order.

I ended up buying a dojo ally to beat that level, as well as the 10-wave battle that also had a master-ninja/shogun/bowmen wave. The rest of the levels using pigiana weren’t too bad.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@espejo123 I’m french and I don’t study spanish but I’ve easily understood the picture. Are you serious ? This enemy could stuck even a (41) 10-10-10 team for a while !!!!!! I can’t even imagine a enemy as powerful as this !!! I hope you’ll finally beat him…

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@zackvoyager This boss doesn’t look to difficult.
    You would take Samurai, Princess and Pigiana Jones. You just need to shield when he attacks, to halve the damage. My Princess (mastery level 6) currently heals for about 620 hp. I imagine she will be mastery level 7-8 when I get to cave 13, so in 2 turns she will heal more than what the boss deals out. If that says knock out for 2 turns (I can’t read Spanish) then princess will revive red. When he puts up his shield, just use Pigiana to Dispel it.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

It all depends on what equipment you have. I’d love to use Samurai, Princess and Pigianna, but my Samurai currently isn’t strong enough to do 242 damage. Knight, Princess and Pigianna is probably the best choice for most people if you have to use a pig ally.

ColKurtz
    @colkurtz

The boss is actually easier than some of the other levels in this cave, IMO. I recommend not using any potions until you have at least 3 decoy bombs on the screen. Otherwise just restart. If you get 2 or more bowmen attacking you at once, followed by the boss attack, it’s game over unless you use a lot of potions. Once you have 3 bombs, it’s pretty manageable with a few pots and Matilda’s chili.

Also, make sure you don’t use any weapons with chain attack, since those will knock out the bombs and make your life more difficult.

I used samurai, Druid, and pigiana. Knight is prob better, but mine was only lvl 5 vs samurai lvl 7. I think druid is arguably better than princess because you’re healing a lot, and druid’s thorns allows you to damage the bowmen over several rounds while still healing.

FWIW, I’m having a much harder time with cave 12 than 11.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you use druid, rogues and Pigiana, you will never have more than 2 bowmen on screen. My druid and rogues always kill a bowman before he can attack. However sometimes I use the druid for healing so it is 2 rounds before sticky goo kills the bowman. I’ve completed 11-10 many times without using any potions or cakes and I still haven’t gotten the chest yet because I’m saving my essence for events. For this level a Druid is clearly better because enemies can dodge the princess’ attack.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I was surprised that you found cave 12 easier than cave 11. I found the opposite. It was more of a slow slog and I had to use more healing potions than I had wanted. I find I am much more rushed with undead and there isn’t a chance to heal up before taking out the last pig.

But for caves 12-8 and 12-9 I switched to Wizard and Spies (no pig allies), which was a bit easier. I couldn’t use my full time jump set with Wizard because it didn’t provide enough hit points (Wizard’s only mastery 6) and had to mix Chronos with lightning tome. For these battles it was just a matter of timing to get in a round of healing using Spies – which was always plentiful in a round where chuck was given the chilli.

I am currently planning my approach to get through cave 12-10. My problem is both Druid and Princess are both only Mastery level 6. I have had one attempt using Princess, but found that the real difficulty was keeping Prince Porky up with his hit points. It was really slow, I messed up with shielding for one round and it was all over – but I plan to get both to at least Mastery 7 before another serious assault. I might try some different strategies in the meantime, but won’t waste the potions and chilli cakes.

As you are one of the few to tackle this game without Facebook, I wanted to know which of Matilda’s classes you thought was the best option for cave 12-10. I was leaning towards Druid, since there is no need to dispel, and Druid would help to keep Prince Porky’s and Matilda’s hp at a reasonable level without additional potions. I know the selection also depends a little on which red bird I use (out of Knight, Paladin and Samurai), but it’s Matilda’s birds that I am more concerned with and that I need to level up.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

For 12-10 the Princess is by far the best choice. Since the Undead Bonehunter can only damage one of your birds you want maximum healing for the one that is damaged. Also the Princess makes the Bonehunter attack your Samurai so you don’t need to worry about Prince Porky. I found the best setup to be Samurai with Grand Slam, Princess with Nightmare and Prince Porky to permanently take out the ghost early on. The Samurai can shield to greatly reduce damage. I know you don’t have a full grand slam set so if you have Protector’s Aura that would probably be better to use. In that case you’d probably want to use Knight with Protector’s Aura and consider using Bard with Nightmare.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea
    Thanks for the advice.

My problem with Prince Porky is the cave hits him for 345 damage every 2 turns, so I have to heal him every few rounds. Matilda’s medicine is not really helpful to him as he only heals 1/3rd of his health.

I didn’t think to bring a hammer for red (Knight), which would have provided some relief occasionally. And I hadn’t really considered Bard because of the relatively low levels of healing. But she is a possibility – solves Porky’s healing issue and Matilda’s medicine every couple of turns would bring reds health up sufficiently. I am quite happy to use chilli cakes to help Matilda heal – I’d just rather not be wasting potions as well. It won’t hurt to give Bard a try.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The Grand Slam set combined with the Nightmare set is a deadly combo for taking out bosses. That is probably why I found cave 12 much easier than cave 11. I haven’t finished Cave 13 yet. It is the most difficult cave so far so I’ve been waiting to level up my mastery and get better set items.

Capt’n Pig
    @waluigiw99

No, But I used 3 birds: Red, Matilda, And The Mighty Eagle

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I managed to get through 12-10 with Paladin (8) with steel wall plus titan’s wrath, Bard (7) with nightmare set and Prince Porky. I just had to be patient and wait for Paladin to get a stun. This generally opened things up for several rounds – I was often able to get a couple of stuns in a row and sometimes even had an opportunity to give red the rage chilli. I didn’t need any potions – except at the end to bring hps back up to max. I just needed a chilli cake every few rounds. And Bard’s healing was just right to keep Prince Porky’s hp from falling too much.

I agree with you on Cave 13. I looked at the first level – it is just ludicrous. I don’t think mastery will be enough – unless you are talking mastery levels of 10. I think we will need the maximum experience level to increase beyond 41. Fortunately I have some cave bosses I still need to 3-star, so I’ll get back to working on those.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I made it to 13-10 tonight and the boss looks like he’ll be fairly easy to beat. I just have to wait 10.5 more hours before I can use Pigiana again. I was at 13-7 yesterday, but I was lucky enough to get a level 41 golden bullet on a free spin last night which greatly increased Bomb’s health from 2113 to 2443 when using the Sea Dog (8) and jumped from 2237 to 2587 when using Captain (9) so he was healthy enough for me to use in cave 13.

I used all 3 pigs for different levels in cave 13. Prince Porky isn’t very useful, but I used him with my Paladin and Sea Dog once to get through a 10 wave level. He died around wave 6 or 7 when the pigs ganged up on him, but I managed to finish the remaining waves and still 3 star the level.

I used more potions and chili in cave 13 than any other cave. I think the main reason I find cave 13 so hard is because my set items aren’t very strong because my set items for earlier caves were usually within 4 levels of the max level at the time. I only have one level 41 weapon and my next best weapons are all level 33 or 29 so crafted items do more damage, but the bonuses I get from using a complete set more than compensates for the reduced damage. I have several level 41 off hand items, but they happen to be for Chuck and Blues which are characters I’m not using much in cave 13 because they lack enough health to survive and those classes don’t have the right mix of skills when you only get to choose two birds.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I am surprised you got through so quickly. I saw the 2 ice shaman and the chieftain with more than 5,000 hp each and thought no way. But the right combination of birds and a few chilli cakes and healing potions and level 1 is done. I only took 2 birds – Rainbird and Tricksters – and they each got a raging chilli in the first round.

The cave boss looks very easy. It’s a shame there are all the other levels in between.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Good job. You should really consider using Piggy McCool instead of just 2 birds since his Restock ability will let you use 3 times as many chili and potions. Also his Free Items ability is nice since it heals a lot and you can immediately feed someone a burning veggie cake to instantly get your rage chili back to 100%. If you think about it, you aren’t reducing your damage much at all when using the rage chili on Chuck since Chuck and whatever other character you use both get 2 attacks. 3 attacks from a Rainbird doesn’t do much damage since the base damage is around 150 to all enemies. Also you will get up to 30,000 pts at the end instead of 20,000 and having 3 characters means the pigs are less likely to gang up on any specific character.

Prince Porky also works better than only 2 birds too even if he does die later on. One thing I do is use Paladin, Sea Dog, and Prince Porky. I cast Tit for Tat, then Gang Up on the Paladin, then have the Paladin use a chili. This does over 4500 damage for me in the first round. If I had level 41 weapons, it would do about 6000. The next round I cast Gang Up on Prince Porky and my Sea Dog is getting 2 attacks each round so I can take out one of the 2 Ice Shamen or whatever happens to be the biggest threat.

Of course Pigiana is the best pig to use, but I like to save him for the tough levels and if your strategy involves using Chuck’s Speed of Light then you don’t want to use Pigiana.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@killerkea Well, I think each pig ally has adapted combo :
    P Porky should be used with princess, so he won’t be attacked and his low HP will not be a problem.

Pigiana should be used with powerful group attacks to combine with his counter (wizard + spies + pigiana is a really good example)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.