Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I was just testing out the combination without wasting a pig (and I only had Piggy McCool available). It seemed to be working well, so I kept going through the second wave, and then the third. Rainbird had the twin lightning set (unfortunately the living lightning part is weak), so I was getting the set effect as well. This set also provides better healing than the chronos set.

Normally I would bring a pig, but its usually only the boss level where you need to have a pig ally to get the extra points.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I disagree with your combo suggestions, but if it works for you then use them.

Princess, Paladin and Pigiana is one of the best combos you can make when you have to use a pig ally.

I think Piggy McCool works much better with Wizard and Spies than Pigiana since Piggy McCool will enable you to use a Speed of Light attack every round. Using Speed of light more than doubles your damage output for the round. Pigiana’s counter is not great with this crew. Since the Wizard and Spies have much less health than other birds you probably don’t want them to get attacked. Also you won’t get as many counter attacks since it is random which of your three characters will get attacked unlike when you use a bird like Princess.

For all levels except the final boss at the end of the cave you don’t need Prince Porky to be alive to 3 star the level.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I did many of the early levels in most caves with just 2 birds too, but they are easier and don’t require as many consumables when you add a pig ally. The boss in 13-10 was ridiculously easy as expected. Now all I have left to do is 3 star 3 places where I only got 2 stars.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I did many of the early levels in most caves with just 2 birds too, but they are easier and don’t require as many consumables when you add a pig ally. The boss in 13-10 was ridiculously easy as expected. Now all I have left to do is 3 star 3 places where I only got 2 stars. One difference between the boss I fought and the one Elespejo posted earlier in this thread is that mine ignored damage below 247 not 242 so this game can be slightly different in different countries.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I completed caves 13-2 and 13-3, also with Rainbird and Tricksters but took Piggy McCool as well. I just set Piggy McCool’s restock on everyone and kept filling up with chilli cakes. It worked really well – I’d never really used restock before. I just fired off one or two rage chilli’s each round and because of Piggy McCools restock ability I didn’t end up using that many chilli cakes or potions.

I don’t know how far along I can keep using these two birds, but taking damage hasn’t caused me too much difficulty yet. It may be I just got lucky with who Tricksters stunned.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I may as well continue this here.

I just tried cave 13-5 with Marksmen (BEEP set), Rainbird (old lightning set) and Piggy McCool. I had Piggy cast restock every round.

I got my 3 stars. It cost me 22 ultra hot veggie cakes – restock saved me from using a heap more of these. And I think I only used up two healing potions and a fruit cake – again restock helped. I didn’t let any of the brutes attack – a single attack would probably have been the end.

You may be able to use the same approach with Wizard instead of Rainbird, but you would need more fruit cakes or healing potions.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I 2 starred it twice with Paladin, Princess and Pigiana. I think the first time those guys were level 8 and the second time they were both level 9. I was waiting for my Sea Dog to reach level 9 which I did a couple days ago and I was also waiting to do some spins during rainbow riot which I did last night, but I got nothing from the spins. I’m planning on trying the Sea Dog next, but I just bought Skulkers so I’m probably going to concentrate on leveling him up, playing the new event and PvP.

I’m sure Wizard, Sea Dog and Piggy McCool would probably work well simply by using a chili on Chuck every round, but I was hoping to find a combo where I don’t depend on the chili every round.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I understand what you mean. I am a bit addicted to chillis at the moment. I know the others before have used a whole lot of resources to do these caves. I am just using chilli cakes instead of healing potions. But, I am sure I will be able work out a less resource intensive bird combination for this cave – after my other birds are all up to level 8 or 9.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@killerkea Note that Sea Dog’s Gang Up does not work with Chuck’s Rage. Just tested your combo and Gang Up does not trigger (I buffed Chuck).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Actually it sort of works with Chuck’s rage. You just get shorted some rounds and it doesn’t work at all if you use gang up on Chuck when using Speed of Light. The way you get it to work is to cast Gang Up! on the bird at the bottom of your screen. This could be a pig ally or blues. If you do it this way, the Sea Dog will get 3 attacks using Chuck’s Speed of Light and one attack on his own if you don’t need him to cast Gang Up! However you should always be casting Gang Up on both of the Sea Dog’s allies unless you are using a bird to do something else like heal.

You can test this on the golden pig and you’ll see how it works. You might have to equip with a weaker weapon so you don’t kill it before the Sea Dog gets his third attack from Chuck’s Speed of Light.

This method also works in the arena.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

I see. Regardless of my team composition (for example Red/Chuck/Bomb) as long as I buff Chuck, Gang Up will not trigger during Speed of Light? What would happen if I buffed Red instead?

E: Did some testing. The entirety of Speed of Light is counted as one attack, so as long as any Ganged Up bird attacks during Speed of Light, Sea Dog will attack once more at the end, but only once.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@inimical If you had Samurai, Wizard and Sea Dog

Attach Sea Dog to Samurai
    Give chilli to Wizard (5 attacks)
    – Samurai will attack twice with Sea Dog
    – Wizard will attack twice
    – Sea Dog will attack once
    Finish with attack by Samurai with Sea Dog

In one round you will end up with
    3 attacks by Samurai
    2 attacks by Wizard
    4 attacks by Sea Dog

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@kerravon Had some time lately to test your post out. I could manage 9 total attacks with your method if Sea Dog had already buffed Samurai and had one free turn to act himself. Is it the same for you?

Gang Up added one extra attack to my Speed of Light, and the other 3 came from Samurai + 2x Sea Dog.

Back on topic…I tried to 2-bird 13-5, using Wizard-Bard (Lightning+Nightmare) and Wizard-Spies (Lightning+Beep).

Met a 21k health Frost Hog twice in wave 2 and got wiped due to not being able to make the random stun work in my favor. Didn’t realise it’d be this hard without allies.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@inimical I have to credit this to @killerkea but, for a single target, you get even better results if you use Marksmen instead of Samurai. And you get better results again if you use Skulkers instead of Samurai.

You have to attach Sea Dog to Blues (Marksmen or Skulkers), attack with Blues first (to activate volley or weakspot) and then give Chuck the rage chilli.

With regard to cave 13-5, Piggy McCool was very useful because of his restock buff. I saved a lot of chilli cakes. The other thing you have to be very lucky with is which bird gets stunned. Having Piggy along means that he will get stunned some of the time instead of chuck or blues.

For the frost hog, you have to stun him every opportunity. The cave will also stun him. With only 2 birds and no ally, you get one less chilli cake every round. You also can’t afford for blues to get stunned.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@kerravon This reminds me of something weird. The cave debuff in both 12 and 13 seems to occasionally apply to pigs instead of birds. Is there a pattern to it? I’ll try to determine one later.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

They keep changing the way the caves work. I think it must be unintentional in some cases because I doubt they intended the stun to affect pigs. It used to be that you could use the Princess to remove stun from an ally. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t figured out why it works sometimes and doesn’t work other times. You always meet the Primevil Frost Hog in wave 10 on 13-5. He has 21450 health, does 2451 damage every 3 turns and has the Wilding ability which enables him to really increase the damage he does as your rage chili fills. Therefore you either need to be able to kill him before he can attack or you probably need a character that can shield against or reduce the damage the Frost Hog does.

Because the Primevil Frost Hog is always on wave 10 my earlier idea about using Wizard, Sea Dog and Piggy McCool won’t work unless the hog targets Piggy McCool. Maybe I’ll wait till I get a decent weapon for one of my birds.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

I have made it through Cave 11 and just started Cave 12 and I do not have a single fb friend. I only use the pig allies, and I don’t pay extra LC to use them beyond the once-per-12 hours rule. I use Paladin (Level 8 at the time, finally Level 9), and either Chuck Rainbird for the ninjas (Level 7) or Chuck Wizard or Bomb Cannoneer (Level 8) if there weren’t ninjas in the battle. Pigiana is good for the counter attack, and if I use Piggy McCool, I can restock my health potions at a good rate. I don’t have a lot in the way of set items–Dragon’s Breath/tooth for Paladin (I use him for just about everything), and the watch for extra healing, if I use Chuck. It took lots of potions to get through Cave 11, so I’d only do one level a day or so–took lots of time to farm for ingredients. I also play combinations of two birds to see which pair gets me the furthest before calling in an ally.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mimi27 Good to see another player making it through with just pig allies.

I did a lot of cave 12 with Paladin and Bard, with Pigiana providing his counterattack. Have a look at the earlier posts in this thread for other bird combinations that killerkea and I had success with.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Thanks, KerrAvon. I’ve been lurking around here for a bit, and finally decided to join. I need to do more with Bard, but I’ve got my Druid up to Level 8 finally, and I hate to waste the extra health by using my Level 7 Bard, which still has thousands to go before leveling up. When I can only use two of my birds, I rely on my Paladin to provide the healing, and then I’ll alternate between Chuck (I love the chili effect) and Bomb for either the extra power or the counter. In general, it just takes being patient and stockpiling the potions.

Jim151
    @jim151

I have made it through Cave 11 and just started Cave 12 and I do not have a single fb friend. I only use the pig allies, and I don’t pay extra LC to use them beyond the once-per-12 hours rule. I use Paladin (Level 8 at the time, finally Level 9), and either Chuck Rainbird for the ninjas (Level 7) or Chuck Wizard or Bomb Cannoneer (Level 8) if there weren’t ninjas in the battle. Pigiana is good for the counter attack, and if I use Piggy McCool, I can restock my health potions at a good rate. I don’t have a lot in the way of set items–Dragon’s Breath/tooth for Paladin (I use him for just about everything), and the watch for extra healing, if I use Chuck. It took lots of potions to get through Cave 11, so I’d only do one level a day or so–took lots of time to farm for ingredients. I also play combinations of two birds to see which pair gets me the furthest before calling in an ally.

I’m working my way through right now. For ninja levels, I use Samuri with dragon’s breath, rouges, and piguana. Use mostly passive with red protecting, rouges and piguana casting theirs on red. So everyone attacks red, they get damage, and he attacks back. With dragon’s breath, 45% chance everyone takes damage with every red attack. Every so often I get lucky and wipe out an entire wave in one go. Use rage chili as necessary on opponents who won’t dodge it. Takes lots of healing potions. make sure you don’t have a weapon that can do a critical strike. I have rouges outfitted so they are powerful enough to hit the ironclads, but not so powerful they miss the dodges.

For the brute levels, I use paladin with grand slam, sea dog and prince porky. Use porky to boost attack power, use lots of veggie cakes and then the rage chili on either red or bomb depending on the circumstances.

Works pretty well, but is expensive in potions.

Laxietoo
    @laxietoo

@killerkea Thank you for your clear instructions on how to get past Cave 11-10. I recently started playing on my phone since my iPad has cleared all levels although I am still working on collecting sets and getting to 10 for all birds.

I used Druid with the sweet set and Rogues with clingy bow and Ballista Bolts along with Pigiana as you suggested. My Druid and Rogue are at levels 4 & 5 respectively but I still managed to complete and get 1 star. I did use some consumables but with your technique it wasn’t that difficult. Now I have to wait 12 hours until I can use Pigiana again and get my 3 stars.

bbmnky
    @rachele-walter

My friends are such low-level players, that I only used the pig allies to beat the caves. But the bosses? I used mighty eagle. No other way that I could find. And I tried.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

Well,cave 11 is the cave which takes me the shortest time to beat,since I was lvl 40 and used all 3 pig allies once.I only used Red and Matilda cause I thought the other attackers were too risky to use.Here’s my choice:
    Ninja levels:Samurai with Dragon Breath and Druid with Sweet set.Attack ninjas first,then normal pigs,last Whili-o-whisp.If you fight Master Ninja,kill all enemies with high attack and low HP first,then him(you dont have that stamina to defense his attack),then the others.If fight Shogun,beat all enemies with couple attacks(or attack all enemies at once),then the others,last him.If both of them appear,do the trick as fighting one Shogun,and always fill up the chilli before the next wave.
    Brawlers:Samurai with titan set and Princess with Nightmare.

epicMarksmen
    @kenhsieh

But debuff in cave13 is pretty unfair.Walkthoughs beating this only have 405 damage to a single target,but mine deals damage to all allies and stuns 1 ally!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@kenhsieh What system are you playing on? I am on iOS 8.1.3 with an iPad air, and I have the most current version of EPIC. I finished the caves a couple months ago, but I just checked and the buff in cave 13 still only affects (and stuns) one of my team at a time.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Has anyone beaten cave 11 with only pig allies?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.