Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@eric2203 @mvnla2 You know I’m pretty sure my trick still works but just a bit… Wobbled?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Peter — This is the data @Dr-Ishmael and I have collected on the awards from the GP machine. As you can see, the frequency of getting a set item is very low, and the health/strength of the non-set items is totally useless if your birds are at level 41.

Item	    Number	Frequency	Average
    zero *	    30	        22.1%	        -22
    one*	    24	        17.6%	        -21
    two*	    45	        33.1%	        -32
    three*	    27	        19.9%	         -9
    set items   10	        7.4%	         18
    Total	    136	        100.0%	

The average is the health/strength compared to the highest set item for that bird at the time the item was awarded.

Mimi27
    @mimi27

Now that we have two Golden Pigs it makes it even more frustrating, not to mention the Arena GP costs 5 LC. I spent a quantity of my hard earned GC during rainbow riot and the only set items for birds I got were duplicates, not even duplicates with higher values. I got one new set item from the arena pig and countless worthless yellow banners, at the cost of 5 LC per spin. I would love to be able to give back a set item for even 1 LC, or better yet, earn LC at a faster rate than the few we get each week.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve started paying attention to the ads you watch to get the free roll. So far, they are all ones I haven’t seen before. Just curious if it’s the same for anyone else.
    Not sure I’m going to get to try the multiple free rolls from Piggy McCool. I have a bunch of FB friends, and I haven’t seen a free roll from McCool for more than a month, although I have gotten a couple in the ancient past.
    [Edit]: Also got a free roll for watching an ad in the arena. Again, ad was new. Since I’m not playing the arena, I think I should stop watching the ads there. I got in the habit of doing that to avoid the pop-ups that were telling me I had a free roll.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – after you have mastered up all of your birds, arena is just about the only challenge that is left right now. By now you probably have all of the wood league GPM items, but there is still an off chance that you will get an Arena Legendary item, that could come in handy if you ever change your focus. After all, free is free, and how much does thirty seconds of your time (when you could be doing something else like warming coffee in the microwave) really cost?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — If you only get a free roll from watching an ad when there is an ad you haven’t seen (which is my current suspicion), then I would rather get a roll from the GP in the regular game in the hope that I will get a non-duplicate set item (at the rate of less than 1/10 rolls on that GP). I am still missing a lot of the set items, not to mention that I only have a few level 41s. Also, I haven’t finished leveling up even the birds I really want to get to 10, and at the rate things are going, I will be lucky to get there before the next Epic update comes out (even if it isn’t for a few weeks).

burbman
    @burbman

I get free rolls with video every 48 hours from both GPMs, and get repeat ads quite often. Not sure how many times I will see Kate Upton trying to get me to play her game. (not that I mind)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Don’t think I’ve seen Kate Upton at all. Interesting that you do see the same ads more than once.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I am not absolutely convinced about your 2 equations, but it does indicate some other possible solutions.

One possibility is:
    I think the multiplier of (exp level + 5) applies in all cases.

With the other factor (e.g. 6 for red), the value can be arrived at by multiplying 2 numbers together (e.g. 4.6 x 1.3 or 2 x 4.8 as you have for blues/bomb attack). The 1.3 or 2 can be taken outside of the brackets. This allows you to round inside the brackets before applying the second multiplier.

So my equation for red’s attack is: value = (round ((exp level + 5) x 4.6)) x 1.3

The significance of the 1.3 is that the set items are indicated as 3-star items – hence multiply the value of the 0-star item by 1.3.

This approach still does not get the numbers spot on (there are still values out by a value of 1), but with a bit of tweaking this may get us closer to a solution.

I think a set of equations with the same form makes more sense than creating new forms for each equation.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon I agree completely with your last sentence. However, I also think that any solution that uses simpler fractions, specifically halves and quarters, is much more likely to be correct.

I see my equations as being of the same form:

stat = Bround(a * (level+b)) + Bround(c * (level+d)) + e

In a case where a = c, b = d, and e = 0, it can be simplified to 2 * Bround(a * (level+b)), like my equation for B/B weapons.

This form makes sense to me. Bround(a * (level+b)) is the basic element used in all other level-scaled formula that I’ve worked out so far, so that obviously a good starting point. Using one of these elements as a baseline and then adding a second one as an offset, while not something I’ve seen elsewhere, still feels reasonable. Adding a static offset to the level-scaled elements is the one part that I’m not entirely comfortable with, but the work I’ve done on arena banner items also supports the existence of this static offset.

The level offset of 5 also makes me a little uncomfortable, since I’d only seen an offset of 3 on all bird, item, and pig stats until now. However, it does make the equations work very well in some cases, so I’ve come to accept it.

Your approach of a 1.3 multiplier because of the 3 stars is interesting, although I don’t really think it’s the right way to go. Crafted items work somewhat similar to that, but with a significant difference:

stat_0 = Bround(a * (level+3))
    stat_x = stat_0 + x * Bround(stat_0 / 10)

Each star beyond 0 provides an additional 10% of the 0* value, but this 10% is rounded before being multiplied by the number of stars, such that each star adds the same amount. The 3* values calculated this way are often very different from what you’d get from a 1.3 multiplier with no intermediate rounding. I tried going this way with set items, but it turns out there are some known values that simply can’t be calculated this way from any stat_0 value. R/M level 37 is 252 – plugging 194 as stat_0 gives 251, but plugging 195 gives 255.

However, the biggest thing that makes me doubt your formula is what I said at first – the fractions used. Multiples of 1.3, when rounded, produce a differential pattern with a cycle of 20. We know that the differential pattern of R/M’s weapons has a cycle of 4, so we should pretty much require that any formula have halves as the only fractions in it, because they also produce a differential cycle of 4.

Eric2203
    @eric2203

@mvnla2 @partshade Well it happened again tonight. Logged in, got the ad for the free roll and the free item. I logged out again right away and I got the ad for free roll again on the next login. In total, I got it 5 times in a row. Then it stopped for no apparent reason. No pattern to the ads either.

For the record, I didn’t benefit from this either tonight or the last time. No useful item dropped. I had the rainbow riot tonight too, but that got me nothing.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@eric2203 — My frequency for set items is now down to 8.5%, although I think I’m really overdue. Nonetheless, it is definitely less than 10, maybe 9%.
    Not sure how many accelerated free rolls you can get, or what determines when they stop. I thought it was when there were no ads you hadn’t seen, but not sure any more.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@mvnla2 Yes I have noticed the decrease in acquired Set Items this week too. Seems like Rovio has tweaked the algorithms for this. Not the best way of action if you ask me since it was already hard to get Set Items before :-/

@razorblade, I encountered the same thing with the gp.

I was troubleshooting calendar issues and I messed about with the time on the tablet. It was set on the wrong hour when it occurred with me. Just mentioning it since it may have something to do with it.

Both the Arena and normal GP gave me a whole bunch of epic stuff because of this. I had 3 friend rolls fill up the arena pig bar each time I opened it. The normal GP had one friend roll on it which I managed to push around about 4 times (1 friend roll is only 2%). Nothing new on that one though, but my arena banner is pretty cool by now…

Oh yeah, I also got the messages in the inbox stating friends had rolled my pig. I made sure I did not delete them before trying this.

BTW, the arena pig stopped as soon as I set the time correctly. The normal pig started then and lasted for about 30 minutes.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

A couple of updates:
    1) I have recently gotten a couple of free rolls by watching ads I had seen before, although maybe not for a free roll. So I’m not positive whether or not you only get a free roll from an add that you haven’t seen before to get a free roll.
    2) I’m currently extending the longest stretch of free rolls without a set item since I started keeping track. I still haven’t gotten as low as the 4% reported by @Dr_Ishmael on the previous page, but my data alone is now at 7.3% if I don’t count the guaranteed set item, and our data together is at 6.2%.

Golden Pig Machine

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I have some new set items for level 14 to add to the table. I got 3 set items from 8 rolls today.

Weapons
    Bomb 182 (14)

Offhand items
    Chuck 290 (14)
    Bomb 461 (14)

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Thanks again, added those to the table.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Interesting post by @Larry about GP machine glitch:

Angry Birds Epic Bugs

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Since I started keeping track of the ads I’ve watched to get a free roll on the GP, only one has been repeated. I’m sure I’ve seen others before, but there are a lot of places in Epic to watch ads. There also seem to be a lot of different ads.

@mvnla2, I’ll repost it here with a small modification. It seems to be more at home in this thread anyway.

The rainbow bar has a reproducible glitch. When there’s a whole bunch of messages in the inbox and a notification that someone has used your GP machine, you can clear all messages except the message about the GP use. When the message queue is cleared, you open the GP and the rainbow bar fills up a bit. When you close the GP machine and re-open it, it fills up a bit further again. You can keep doing this until the message queue is finished in the background. Sometimes the queue gets stuck and you can keep on doing this for a while (last week for about 45 minutes got tons of epic stuff for the arena). Each GP use fills it up with 2%, so if you have multiple friend rolls, it adds up in speed and benefits. As soon as the bar is full, you can buy a roll and get a guaranteed set item. If you’re lucky, your message queue gets stuck and the bar will continue to fill immediately after the guaranteed set item. Then you can go on doing the same thing again and again.

I noticed some other people getting this glitch and I had it a few times before. I now noticed the link between the message queue and this glitch. I got a whole bunch of epic items because of this, also for the arena. Got it working on every friend roll today (got tons of FB friend players, so get a lot of messaging activity and friend rolls)

I haven’t even bothered with the ads anymore since they only get in the way and cost time. Time is crytical, so you want to clear your inbox and go straight to the gp.

Just to add a bit of background info to this, a while ago there were many issues with the messages in the inbox which caused the inbox to freeze most of the times. The fix for this was to implement a 2 stage messaging system, where you clear the graphical message queue in your inbox, while the game clears the actual queue in the background. Somehow the friend rolls of the GP are also dependent on this messaging system and as long as the trigger for filling up the rainbow bar is still present in the queue, it will fill it up.

I have NOT been able to trigger this WITHOUT clearing the inbox. Also, the more messages are in the inbox, the longer the effect lasts. It might prolong the effect if you process the friend roll messages in the inbox last, although I have not confirmed any relation between the graphical messages and the actual filling of the rainbow bar.

Let us know if anyone can confirm my findings. I’d like to be sure that it’s not just a coincidence or my game/device…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Interesting — I just got a free roll for watching an ad. I saw it first in the arena, but looked in the regular nest, and it “also” had a free roll, which I took. Going back to the arena, the free roll was gone. I don’t pay very much attention to the arena. Has anyone else noticed this?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Yes, you get free video rolls on both GPM and GAPM. I have mine synced so that I get both of them (on both my accounts) at the same time every two days.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_Ishmael — Once I use the free roll on the GPM, the free roll on the GAPM disappeared.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.