Enter the Silverbird Competition bugs from the outset

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Enter the Silverbird Competition bugs from the outset

Viewing 14 replies - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@tripolar

Just repeat after me: “Excel is your friend” :p

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford @optimuspig

Yes, on Android and connected to Game Center. Gives a few gems for completing the quest. Usually three, but the desert quest was five. New quest is shooting down missiles. Boss Pig’s don’t seem to count.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@optimuspig lol my excel workbook is getting too big already & it’s just for this game!!! Any game that I really get into ends up being a project that has at least 1excel workbook, 1 word/wordpad doc & 1 notepad… Ummmm. Note.
    ;-) sometimes trying to figure out what to keep track of is the tricky part!
    Excel is like my best friend, the only issue we have is that it won’t take screenshots for me. It will keep them, if I pass it on but the program just refuses to do that one favor for me, no matter how much I offer to pay it or take it out to a movie. I tried bribeing it with a trip to a nice sunny destination. It refused, knowing that if I went, it would just naturally go with me. It is stubborn that way but still my best friend!! Has never let me down otherwise… I just hope I don’t get hooked into this game anymore or find a reason to build an access database…that would be a little too obsessive and scary.
    :-)

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@franciscrawford @optimuspig
    The only thing incorrect is that it’s not daily… It’s kinda random. We had 4 day to complete 15 desert node (or “trips to the desert”) Ihad one the entire time until we got that on this event. Surprisingly, I got another quest today to shoot down 45 missiles in 2 days. I thought I would have been there by now with the amount this guy throws out. Sometimes tho, we can go a month or more without a quest. Plus the interaction with the game is bugged more than the game itself. I don’t know who’s fault that is but I think I a clue. The game center aka Google play also has an achievement thing, it’s bugged even worse. According to it, Ihave not rescued any TFs or killed a sharktihog… IIt’s a bonus as long as you don’t pay any attention to it… Then you’ll be happy when you get the odd 1,3 or 5 gems(on average).

WeeNaoise
    @weenaoise

One thing with every run scoring similar results is that you get some insight into how people use gems. Yesterday someone used two lots go gems (i.e. 10+20) straight away, zoomed up the leaderboard and then finished well down after failing to run the full set of regular missions. Today there are two players who used gems straight away – one used two lots and one used one.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@weenaoise I noticed the same thing. It had me trying to figure out when to use mine. I want to get the family’s which sometimes leads to a top score but would they continue to push using gems or just sit back…

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

There’s almost nothing I want to spend gems on EXCEPT competition runs, so I don’t mind spending them then.

Occasionally I’ll spend a single gem to switch away from a transformer I hate, or because that seems to be the way to get out a repeated Pig City run with sudden death partway through.

I spent 25 gems each on 5% damage headphones for my Grimlocks.

And — well, that’s really it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@weenaoise @tripolar

I suspect that people who use large numbers of gems early are one of two groups:

* they want to get an early and sizeable lead to intimidate the other players, or

* they only have a limited amount of time to play, so they just want to spend gems and get as high as possible in both the Challenge and the Competition before they have to stop play for the rest of the day

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@tripolar

I suspect it’s Excel’s commitment to accuracy that keeps it from excepting bribes…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’m currently at my max level, so I planned to slowly add accessories as long as my gem stash stayed high enough. So, I have no problem shifting to winning this challenge. My strategy, though, is to hang back and make a final run. I had some competition yesterday and finished with 2664. Second place was one of those ones that shot up fast and then tapered off his (her) play. Today’s leader doesn’t seem as competitive, but I’ll see in a couple hours.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I started today’s competition 2 hours after it started (about 45 minutes ago). I played the 4 runs for a score of 250 and was 2nd by 1. Just looked then the leader is on 1000, 2nd place 705 and 3rd is 496. Looks as though the leader has had 3 recharges already.
    I hope he/she has plenty of gems up his/her sleeve as because I am about to lose 2 days play whilst travelling during the contest I intend to get 1st every day I play.
    *insert evil laugh here*

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@droversdog I wish you luck!!! I will be pulling for you for sure… I’m just hoping we don’t end up in the same pool by bad luck. In which case, I’ll be taking in 2nd prize. That type of ambition & determination, I am not yet ready to match.

TriPolar
    @tripolar

@optimuspig I’ve used both of those strategies in the first 2 days of of this event (as well as in the past). I kind of rather come from behind tho, didn’t work for me on day 3. Just wasn’t willing to pay the extra gems, just hope I don’t regret it at the end. Today (day 4) I’m going to try to use a hybrid of the two strategies.

@pampeans
    if only excel realized the corruption it was going to be fighting against, I’m sure it would bend a bit and give a helping hand!! LOL!!!

Kdubz
    @kdubz

I was happy to see the pig boss but it’s really not hard to kill. Can we get more than 1 per level? I literally have nothing to shoot at for the 2nd half of the node. It’s boring enough you have to do the same node every time on a given day.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Enter the Silverbird Competition bugs from the outset

Viewing 14 replies - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.