End of the Road Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum End of the Road Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Replies
  • ArmourBender
    @armourbender

It took a lot of tokens and gems to get everything offered for End of the Road event.

Thankfully i only needed Drift and his Great Sword & Hook, plus Dead End’s chest piece accessory which was only offered for this event.
    And all the three Sparks cylinders.

OMG to get all that meant having to get 1550 tokens every 24 hours for 6 days. Unless you buy gems to top up the difference, which thankfully some discounted gems bundles were offered.

Joel
    @joel687

@armourbender – You are right. I was just hoping for enough tokens to be offered to let me relax and not go so hard in the event

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Miss a day and it’s hard to catch up.

Which happened to me unfortunately i was too exhausted one night from too much playing ABT and slept through the alarm. Bummer.
    Therefore sacrificing the last 2 hours of ABT gameplay. In those 2 hours away i was demoted from 1st place leaderboard rank to somewhere lower… and ended up with 200 leaderboad rank tokens that day. :(

Next time i’ll concentrate on getting those Sparks cylinders first with earned tokens. The multiplying effect helps your character get as much tokens for you from every run you make.

Eagerly awaiting the token exchange day so as to catchup on sleep.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Did anyone also feel they had a harder time playing ABT earlier today, hours before the end of live event End of the Road?

It was a struggle just to get to the 90 token level.

Rodimus level 13 with silver badge with 3 stripes (total 195% score bonus) was typically giving a base score of 300+ over the last 6 days.
    Today it was giving as low as 100+. :(

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Anyway….
    The last day’s objective was to shoot white blocks.

Did anyone see any white blocks to shoot?

All i saw were dark grey, green and red blocks.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@armourbender I think the white blocks meant the dark grey ones

Kermit
    @kerm1t

Deadend just showed up in the token exchange for 7500 tokens. I had only 700 tokens left, so cost me a hefty amount of gems, but still worth it!

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out @kerm1t. I only had 500 tokens left, so it cost me 3500 gems. But, you’re right, still worth it. Watch, he’ll show up in the Adrift event. Ah well, at least I’ll be able to take it easy again.

fumuthabeotch
    @fumuthabeotch

Dead End is available for me too. Would have been nice to know. I’m really thinking this upcoming Adrift event and this one were mixed up.

Asen_77
    @asen

I have 3500 token and chenged them, but even if I don’t I wouldn’t give another about 2000 gems for this. Probably event will be mixed and they will offer Dead end in the next event. We will understand this 9 hours and 34 minutes.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Seriously? WTF, Rovio!

If I’d known that Dead End would become available, I wouldn’t have skipped this event.

Well screw that – I’m not going to spend 3,750 gems to get him now (not to mention how many more gems for accessories)!

@lewie4
    was this an error, or by design? Either way, it’s a pretty poor reflection on the way Rovio does things.

Swing
    @swing

Don’t know if this is news (it was for me), but I accidentally opened the token exchange and Dead End along with his accessories (once you unlock him) is available for tokens. It wasn’t there yesterday when I exchanged (for useless coins) the tokens I (half-assed) played for during the challenge. I snatched him and his accessories for about 4,500 gems. Sort of a dirty trick to add him when the competition is over, but it goes with Rovio-Exient’s character. I feel sory for the poor people they tricked into paying $20 for him, however, everyone should know better by now.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Now that I think of it, do you think Rovio screwed up the order of the event prizes?

The End of the Road event was offering Drift as the TF.

So perhaps the Adrift event is going to offer Dead End as the TF?

Joel
    @joel687

They accidentally released the info on the next event early in the ads section. Since they just put Deadend into the token exchange, I wonder if that was also an accident. Maybe he was supposed to go in for the next event, too…

Joel
    @joel687

@optimuspig – I think you are right. I think they released the wrong bots for the events

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

@optimus_pig Seconded. What the actual F***, Rovio.

I am livid at Rovio/Exient about this event. I could have unlocked Drift (or, apparently, Dead End, instead) if I had been able to use two Transformers in this event, or if I had been allowed to deal the same amount of damage while using Energon Grimlock as I have been to do when I’m using Soundwave. If I had known in advance that Rovio/Exient was going to pull a stunt like this, I would have begun promoting Soundwave at this same that I was promoting Energon Grimlock. And now I hear that Rovio/Exient has pulled another fast one and released Dead End into the Token Exchange after the competition part of this event has ended. Whether this is an accident or intentional, it still a very stupid move on their part. I don’t know where exactly we can give them feedback, but I think everyone on here should complain to them about this and show them that we the players are not satisfied with their actions, especially since I would not be surprised if they decide to require 10,000 tokens instead of 7,500 tokens in order to unlock a new character in a future event.

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary don’t think 2 Transformers would have helped as much as you think as we are all in the same boat. I only could use 1 Transformer as well and used Energon Grimlock even though he can’t destroy blocks like Soundwave he is my heavily promoted character and Soundwave is useless against Unicron and Boss Pig. I was able to get enough tokens for Drift though (don’t have enough tokens or gems to also get Dead End and I don’t use real money).

I also feel the competition wasn’t as competitive as recent ones. Recently I get drop a few spots in the final couple of hours after I leave for work this event the only day I dropped my position was the last day which is why I had enough tokens for Drift. I think it is because people already had Drift from the previous event. If Dead End were offered from the start I think it would have been more competitive and I would not have been able to get Drift.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@phillips

I think the main impact was on players who had spread out their sparks over two or more TFs.

For example, my sparks are roughly split 45/45 between two TFs, and I’ve got a few other scattered promotions on other TFs from early on because I didn’t know any better.

Players who had pumped all or substantially all of their sparks into a single TF would have had a major advantage in this event (asuming it was as good choice of TF to begin with), and especially for those who had the 3X multiplier applied to the bonus squad.

Phillips
    @phillips

@optimuspig I get that but reading the post I was referencing reads like the opposite of what you had. Either had the choice of a promoted Grimlock or an unpromoted Soundwave (who would have been very useful given all targets each day were blocks). Had they known it would be 1 bot they would have spread their sparks between the two

sixxdawg
    @sixxdawg

@evan-greenberger Ditto…what a load of sh*t!

I usually wait till the last hour to exchange tokens out for useless coins, but went ahead and exchanged them last night. Now I see I could have gotten Dead End. I don’t know how much more of Rovio’s BS I can take.

Lewie4
    @lewie4

Hey guys, dead end should not be available this event. Does anyone have a screenshot of him available in the store?

Xun
    @xunhq

@lewie4

IMG_7462.JPG

I did not spend any money paying for him because my device has been locked. You can see that Dead End indeed popped up for Token Exchange at the Dead End of the token exchange.

Now a lot others have already bought him via token exchange during this event.You guys should really offer him for Token Exchange in another event soon. [Hint: ADRIFT] ;-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@lewie4 Dead End is not available in this event aka the “Adrift” event. He popped up at the last day of the “Dead End” event. It’s only by sheer luck I visited the token exchange and randomly found Dead End available for 7500 tokens which I got for gems.

That’s what everybody means as most people didn’t have enough tokens to buy him at that moment as nobody expected him to show up.

Asen_77
    @asen

Let’s see if he doesn’t show up again in the end of this event, or in next for CNY. Also we are expecting new Blue to show, so no one knows. For me I will keep all tokens ( exept this for Sparks ) for surprise like this in the future.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum End of the Road Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.