Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

Good to see these posts as I am also fed up with the Daily Challenge. Round 1 and 2 are easy (obviously) whilst level 3 is the equivalent of a hard level in the normal game.

A few weeks ago i worked this out so now I only play when I have finished watching paint dry, or the grass grow under my feet.

I do manage to get the rewards and beat the boss level once every couple of weeks but it’s so hard to do that life is too short.

I’m certainly not going to pay. Sorry Rovio

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Today’s was quite easy, did it with one attempt and won boss pig with strike!

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

It’s funny, in today’s DC hardest was level 2 room 3. In some reason i had to shoot 4 birds. Boss was easy. Finished DC with one attempt.

reddie
    @reddie250

Well, despite today’s DC being the dreaded 254 (Pigsyland), I got through in three tries…especially when I had bomb on that boss room blowing up the boss’s “cage”. He thankfully went down and not landed on a platform.

That earned me 100 Terence feathers from the chest.

reddie
    @reddie250

I got through today’s DC (Fluttering Heights) no problem. My Terence leveled up to elder bronze thanks to the 150 feathers I got from the chest.

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

I don’t even get the daily challenge anymore. Been about 3-weeks.

reddie
    @reddie250

You know you’re gonna have a frustrating day when you have those (bleep)ing magician pigs in today’s DC (Ham Francisco). But I got lucky and won on the sixth try (thanks to Terence and Bomb causing massive damage to King Pig). My Silver is now in Elder Bronze territory and I’ve also earned a Pig Inflator from the chest.

I’ll have to study up on the water level coming up tomorrow.

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

“I’ll have to study up on the water level coming up tomorrow.”

How do you know which level will come up tomorrow?

Also do you have any advice on today’s water level, I’m having a hard time with that one. Only thing I figured out so far is to make sure not getting any debris in the water, since you have to send a bird through the water to kick the boss out of the level.

reddie
    @reddie250

@bigbadaboom The DCs go in order in the single player campaign (the earliest is Greasy Swamp, the latest is Madagooscar). If you want to know, look up the wiki page for this game.

On the boss level of today’s DC, let’s say you have Red, blue and Terence. First, red will topple the building above onto Chef Pig’s head. Second, blue will clear the structures to the right of the pig. With Terence, you need to aim correctly in a way that he will send Chef Pig flying. Good luck.

reddie
    @reddie250

Just when I had Lolvio figured out on my 8th try of the Boss level, I came up short with Red after hitting Chef Pig out of the water with blues and causing massive damage with Terence. Shame I had to pay 60 gems. And too bad I got more ducks which I really didn’t need from the chest.

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Typical cheap Lolvio, today’s DC was 6 rooms for the boss, I decided to spend 180 gems to defeat Foreman Pig & all I got was 100 Terence feathers, 3 bloody ducks & a hot chilli. I DEMAND A REFUND OF GEMS!!!

I reported this to the Lovio request page, hopefully justice prevails & I get those hard earned gems back!!!

bigbadaboom
    @bigbadaboom

“On the boss level of today’s DC, let’s say you have Red, blue and Terence. First, red will topple the building above onto Chef Pig’s head. Second, blue will clear the structures to the right of the pig. With Terence, you need to aim correctly in a way that he will send Chef Pig flying. Good luck.”

I didn’t have much luck with topple the building, I got a lot of debris in the water which messed up my other shots. Finally did it with blue + white. Sent blue through the water to knock down the boss + clear stuff on the right, then using the previous path as an aiming guide for white.

reddie
    @reddie250

Lucked out on the dreaded Gravity Grove DC (and in eight tries). Terence came through in the clutch by hitting Foreman directly and following him through the endless pink portal. The stuff from above thankfully took Foreman out.

Unlike Rhys, I got 150 Matilda feathers from the chest.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I lost yesterday’s DC (where you had to knock the boss up out of the water – I always hate those) due to one freaking balloon being the only thing left in the way. Of course he popped it and fell right back into the water on my last bird. Aaaargh.

Thought I was headed for a similar defeat today, but a well-timed drop-kick with Silver took most of the boss’s health away; getting banged around on a few small objects after that finished him off. Don’t think I’ve ever one-birded that particular boss before.

Djangosmum
    @djangosmum

Gave up on the Arena weeks ago – ( surprised anyone still plays with all the negative comments) but the Daily Challenge is still worth the effort – usually not too challenging and fun if you complete it. Like @david-martin managed a strike on the Boss – most satisfying seeing him self-destruct after bouncing around for a while. With the feathers gained, have my first bird at level 8.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I still play the Arena despite the unfair matching algorithm and the obvious bugs in the game’s ability to remember certain things from one session to the next, because even if I perform terribly in relation to my competitors, it’s still a shot at racking up stars slowly over time, which helps me level up my birds. Really all I care about is trying to get my birds leveled up to the top, and beating whatever new campaign levels are released. When I’ve done that I will consider the game “beaten”.

The DC is generally much more of a fun, interesting challenge, though. Except for when they repeat the most annoying bosses in the game.

reddie
    @reddie250

I got through today’s Hamalays DC in two tries (the boss is under the “funnel”). Got lucky with a couple strikes in Rooms 3 and 5. In the boss room, I owe it all to Terence who finished Chef Pig off after I killed the snow pig with red and dropped an egg on the boss. That earned me the 100 Chuck feathers from the chest.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Today’s was quite hard for me because i have only 6 birds (i restarted the game and lost all my progress) but i was successful in 3rd attempt without using gems.
    Good thing is that now you’ve been rewarded with 10 gems for each when you finish levels 1 and 2. And in chest was 250 yellow feathers.

reddie
    @reddie250

I’ve got the same winning result as Angry Beaver, except I got 100 Chuck feathers from the chest.

Also, the new DC (Hamberg) from Thursday was difficult with six rooms in the boss level but I got lucky on my second attempt (too bad I got blizzards). The Oinklahoma DC was hard (one that we haven’t seen in the campaign) and too bad I had to spend gems to win (though I got 100 Bomb feathers for my efforts).

reddie
    @reddie250

7/19 DC (taken from Misty Mire): Even with the six-room boss level, it’s fairly easy. You need either Bomb, Silver, or Matilda’s body to bring Foreman down. I did it on the first try with Matilda. I made a hole for the boss to fall down after he goes through the light green portals. That earned me yet another chili from the chest which I didn’t need.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

7/20 4-room boss but however it took about 10 attempts. 250 silver feathers in chest.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Given up on today’s Chuck’s Challenge. Just spending time chasing magician pigs all over the place. In one room I had a magician, a transformer, a builder and then a balloon pig floated up! No ta.

Anonymous

@hank & or Rovio in general,

Just some general feedback but 6 or 7 room boss levels (mainly in the daily challenge, however sometimes in the normal levels) are beyond stupid and an obvious grab for cash from Rovio.

Most boss levels require 1 (or 2) birds to first clear the path, and then usually between 1-3 birds to kill the boss. So that is a minimum of 2-3 birds just on the boss, let alone getting through the previous 5-6 levels.

Time to rethink that imo Rovio, or at least better disguise the obvious grab for cash by using gems to get additional birds!

reddie
    @reddie250

Yeah, today’s DC (Pigsyland) was nasty. The first room if you have five room levels is nasty (taken from my most hated boss level of 254) with magicians, construction, miner, and ballooner. I got through on the eighth try without having to spend any gems. That earned me 150 Terence feathers from the chest.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

7/22 hard, harder, hardest. Took about 15 attempts and finally i just used 60 gems for continuing. 100 Matilda feathers in chest

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 451 through 475 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.