Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 746 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

I agree with those who say today’s challenge (the snow level; I’m on Pacific Time so it it’s still Saturday here) was total garbage. That might actually be my most hated boss in the entire game, and he shows up after a slog through some of the most difficult rooms to clear in the Mount Evernest world. No thank you!

Level 414 is one I didn’t have too much trouble with – sometimes the boss gets stuck but at least it doesn’t happen almost every time like in some of the other boss levels. Thanks for the heads up on that; I might actually do OK tomorrow.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Monday’s daily challenge – meh. Scuba pigs and pigs with buoyancy rings – meh. Moving towers back so they’re out of range to all but chick and Matilda – meh.

And to those who get to boss level and spend gems for extra birds, in my opinion, you’d be better off spending them in the arena to keep a run going. The rewards are much better.

And in the arena, if your opponent has all level 9 birds and is playing spell cards but has a low star rating, play them. They don’t have the experience of playing the game, just hacking it. By playing a couple of spell cards yourself, these opponents are very beatable.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Got the same DC as @aeshna but I cleared it on the second try without gems and without spells. Wasn’t that hard IMO. 3-4-4 waves.

Oh, and regarding level 9 opponents with 5 spells… @djlarryt and others regularly get these and always lose. These teams are simply overpowered. No matter how bad you’ll play – it’s almost a guaranteed win. Nobody’s too inexperienced not to fling some birds into structures.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Yes, but they’re too inexperienced to fling to the maximum effect. You think players with level 10 ratings are as good as those with 50/60/70 ? I can beat these players. The only real advantage they have is spell cards and even then they don’t use them to best effect.

Players shouldn’t be phased out by level 9 birds, they’re not scoring that much more.

Quite happy to have levelled 2 birds up to bronze by constantly playing the arena last two days.

And the DC is easier for new players, I started new account on partners iPad as an experiment, (she is) getting 2,3,4 rooms while I get 3,5,7.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Made it to the boss room. Water level. I hated those levels and especially the bosses. No DC victory for me today. Just walk away, nothing to see here.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Had Blues Brawls today. I played it 4 times and failed miserably. I spent 60 gems on Boss and he sang Pearl Jams Immortality as he laughed in my face. My birds had zero power when they hit objects. It was like fighting King Kong with a toothpick.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 Yes- whenever I am pitted against a player will a 9-level flock and 5 spell cards, I play them anyway and 99% of the time I get my azz totally picked.

Today’s DC, @aeshna coined it perfectly: “Moving towers back so they’re out of range to all but chick and Matilda“. But she forgot to note “Add umbrella pigs, laser beam pigs and intensely immortal micropigs to increase the frustration and impossibility of ever making those shots. Plus it’s a Gravity Grove level so skew the randomness of your shots even more. Just close your eyes and fire.”

I like a good challenge but all these things in unison just make it stupid. When the first room (of 6) on level 3 takes me 7 birds to clear I walk away. Never even saw the boss before I just up and quit.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I see the rewards have changed. Instead of feathers, chest and spells it is now two chests and spells.

Made it to the boss level but just one room short of the boss. No thanks, back to working on the new levels.

burbman
    @burbman

@captsternn – I still had feathers, chest and spells today. Did you get a new update?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Hmmm, could be that I had a shot at two chests because Blues is level 9 now. Just a guess.

hourlongdrama
    @hourlongdrama

This was the 3rd day in a row that I gave up! My bosses have been unbeatable (to me, anyway).

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

OMG, today’s must be TOO easy one as I got it.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I agree Cosmo!! It was a cake walk. Thank goodness though. The last few days were impossible without spending gems.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Can confirm – today’s DC wasn’t the easiest I’ve seen, but everything was fair and I got it on the first try. 3-4-4 rooms, the boss was Foreman Pig in a Ham Francisco or Pig Apple setting where you had to knock him onto the bouncepads on the right; which would bounce him off-screen to the right. 100 feathers for Chuck and another 100 for Terence :)

I wish DC rewards were based on the DC’s difficulty.

David Martin
    @david-martin

@smwforever45:

I wish DC rewards were based on the DC’s difficulty.

Pssh! Then I’d never get any good rewards. Probably just an endless string of blizzards.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Matilda Mayhem for me today. Finally saw the boss on my 6th try. Spent 60 gems. All I needed was one more bird to push the fat basta– off the cliff. Gonna cost me 120 gems to do so though. I was really tempted but opted to pass. “Live to fight another day”.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Today’s DC for me were the Hamalayas, one of the King Pig battles. 3-4-5 waves.

After finally figuring out what I had to do (and making it to the boss room again with enough birds) I did it on the 9th attempt. What was in the red chest? Two blizzards. ._.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

Wow, funny how the game also picks and chooses difficulty levels based on player. Rovio must hate me because I keep getting the sh*ttiest lineups.

My DC today (Thursday): 3-4-7

I think I got every single one of the most annoying pig types to battle: laser beam pigs, armies of micropigs, beanie pigs, scientist pigs (the ones that swap building materials) and missile pigs (you know the ones that throw a constant stream of light balls from a vantage point). And seriously- when the first two screens take me 7 birds to get through, due to the single-pig-on-a-balloon-platform and indestructible micropigs, it’s pretty clear I’m not going to succeed without paying.

Used up all my lives and then just gave up. I don’t need spells that badly.

BTW- this pig boss- if he doesn’t fly off the edge with your one shot over the geysers, don’t buy in to try again. He will never budge from his spot if he lands somewhere (unless you have a plethora of birds available to clear out the rest of the screen).

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I had the Astronaut pig today. He was new to me. Is he somewhere in the campaign levels? Everything goes like slo mo when you hit him. It was trippy.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Astronaut Pig shows up in the Hamalayas, starting at level 581. Occasionally he’s helpful – like in situations where he’s buried in a building with other pigs, you can just hit him and he’ll temporarily lift up his surroundings and hopefully kill the other pigs. Sometimes you can smash through him with Terence and get enough of a “lift” from the anti-gravity to hit another obstacle farther away, but it’s hard to plan for this. I consider him a less volatile version of the Exploding Pig.

Superdoug55
    @douglass

Daily challenge is a joke it’s importable I spent 5$ ( stupid of me I know ) and didn’t get remotely close to the end of the 3rd level full of rooms . I’m done with this company there a bunch of money pigs ( like that )

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Thanks David Martin!!

David Martin
    @david-martin

Just tried today’s DC for myself. Six rooms modeled after the game’s newest level set is going to be very hard for most of us. Definitely don’t waste your money on this one. I’m currently debating whether it’s even worth the time to burn up all my lives on it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@david-martin
    Burning lives is okay since they regenerate relatively quickly (1 every 30 mins). When I quickly get to the final level and even see the final room I’d definitely spend all my lives on it. However, if I fail three times in a row at the second level I usually leave it aside and do something else. In the end it’s up to you though.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Yeah, it comes down to the limits of your personal patience and how much time you have to plug away at it, I guess.

Your personal limits seem quite reasonable. It’s rare these days that I struggle with the second level – it’s usually challenging but not enough to make me fail it multiple times.

With the third level of a DC, usually I can at least get to the final room and assess the difficulty of defeating the boss. If it’s one of the many hated bosses I’ve listed in another thread, I probably won’t bother if I don’t get him on the first try, unless the previous rooms are lenient enough to let me get there with a lot of birds leftover for experimentation. If it’s stacked against me to the point where I can barely even reach the boss screen, then I really know repeated attempts are going to be futile. If there are still campaign levels I haven’t finished yet, I’d much rather spend my lives on those, and if not, I might randomly go back and play a few campaign levels just for fun, but otherwise I’ll put the game down and go do something else entirely until I’m up for another free round of the Arena.

I’m ashamed to admit that I spent 60 gems on a DC boss not too long ago, and it was one of the really hard ones from Mt. Evernest that I mentioned having an intense hatred for, but I really thought I just needed one or two more birds to finish him off at that point. 3 new birds and I still couldn’t do it. That was a hard-learned lesson. Unless it’s a boss I know I can defeat and I just needed an extra bird or two due to a fluke that made it a little more challenging than normal, I’ll never do that again.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Daily Challenge – what's the verdict?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 746 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.