Cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 1,378 total)
  • Replies
  • raziel29a
    @raziel29a

@angryjohnny Yes. I understand why you did that and I understand that even writing about it is pointless since it’s obvious your intentions were to help someone. However feelings unfortunetly have nothing to do with understanding, and your post made me feel sad and not needed. But the fact that you are sorry makes it alright for me. In the end we are here to help each other and the sooner answer appears the better.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Anybody know what happened to the cheaters we saw early on? They obviously romped to diamond league. I haven’t met any on the way down and you would expect that they can’t all stay there. Even if they felt they had achieved it all and stopped playing they would fall down. So has Rovio removed them?

deft_bonz
    @deftbonz

I guess they realized that cheating is boring. No challenge left, so they went on to the next game where cheats are possible :D

@bubbley, they’re still in diamond. I’m in there now and I get nothing but hacked opponents and all sorts of crap. What’s worse, besides the obvious hacks (with trillions health/damage) apparently many people have picked up on the slight mods where all birds do about 30-50% more damage than normal. It looks okay when you start a fight, but as soon as the opponent has a go, all birds are instantly gone and the flag goes usually in second turn.

All I can play now is generated opponents (which are all at rank 10 now!) since it takes forever to force a normal opponent (see first post).

@angryjohnny, @deftbonz, @raziel29a
    I included some info on refunds in the first post as well. However, the forum keeps ending up in moderation each time I mod something in there, so I’ll add the link to rovio support and do some better organising later. Feel free to comment and suggest more stuff as well.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@larry yes I saw you reached diamond from my friends list. I wasn’t thinking so much of the hacked opponents but the ones who reset their objectives dozens of times. I have faced several of them and their birds are not hacked or at least were not.

It is clearly no fun in diamond.

@bubbley, the strategy for avoiding these cheaters seems to work out for me somewhat. At least there are no heavy cheaters in my league except for one. I guess it would have been a lot worse if I joined immediately.

Therefore the biggest issue for me is the hacked opponents. These had disappeared almost entirely in the lower leagues (for me at least) and now they’re back with ridiculous numbers. Yesterday I restarted epic 16 times in a row, only to get a constant line-up of hacked birds (mostly 30-50% too high damage/health). After that I just went for the generated opponents instead. Couldn’t be bothered with normal opponents anymore.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@larry yes I intend to miss a day next week. I find it reasonably easy to spot those with 50% extra but have missed some of the others to my cost. I have to be more vigilant. Perhaps I will avoid diamond it’s bad enough in platinum.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@bubbley @larry and anyone else who thinks they can help — I’m in platinum this week and I don’t see how people are able to grind out two thousand points in an hour or two. They are obviously playing and not resetting because their scores increment gradually. I scrutinize all opposing teams and try to weed out the hacked ones. Although I am not always vigilant enough.

I have all 41/10 birds each with at least one 41 Set, even with the rage chilli, the “save me” set, and the emblem of resurrection on a mismatched banner set I struggle to two star most matches. Even the ones when I go first. I wish I had the “Reborn” but I only have the feather. Any advice here?

Edit: This is probably in the wrong thread.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@tigerussell in order to progress I have had to grind and manage 60 to 65k a week with no resets. I can only tell you what I do. The banner also plays a part. I used my weekly LC on the Arena pig and I’ve also had half a dozen or so free spins. I got retaliate and Mighty Head, I already had the flag. Mighty set has health of 13245. I also have resurrection but I prefer retaliate. My line up for grinding is Paladin with dragon breath set, Sea Dog with candy set and lightening bird with reborn which I know you don’t have. I use LB for rage and dispel otherwise to buff Paladin/Sea Dog.

Chuck is the most vulnerable and opponents mostly go for him. You could try Wizzard instead of LB if you have twin lightening set. I often use him to complete objectives. He packs more punch but is no healthier.

I sometimes substitute Tricksters for Sea Dog if facing 2 or 3 birds with add on effects – Druid, Rogues, RB.

Mighty set doesn’t heal. Sinister set which until now I played with does. Mine is too old to use now.

I hope this is of some use.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@bubbley I have been using paladin/dragon breath wizard/twin lightning and spies/save me. I do OK but it takes forever to find opponants. Im going to switch out sea dog for the paladin and see how it goes.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@tigerussell I like the healing power of Paladin and with LB you get more of it.

@tigerussell, @bubbley, I mostly grind with the wizard (lvl10/reborn), druid (lvl9/honeypot) and rogues (lvl9/saveme). The reborn kit is not from lvl41 (think it was 38) so not the strongest, but the reborn ability is crucial for me. 9 out of 10 times chuck is targeted first. This means that without reborn, he’ll be down before I can use the golden chili on him for my first turn. Sometimes that still happens, but no worries. If there’s no chuck for my first turn, I just go for the banner with both sticky goo and thorn vine. If that effect is on the banner, I keep on doing damage to it, no matter if the birds are down or not. I just save my chili for when chuck revives.

Only thing is when princess is on opposite team. Princess can clear the effects of the banner. It is then important to take her out asap or you could be screwed. However, there’s still a good chance since the computer still is not very smart and will mostly go for damage instead of healing.

I try not to use seadog anymore since he will get attacked very often without him going down. I consider that a problem since he barely does any damage unless his health is very high.

For the banner I usually switch between mighty eagle set (high damage) or blessed set (tons of healing), depending on the objectives/line-up.

NB, I got lucky with the sets since I had the pleasure of hosting the golden pig machine glitch for a week or so. During this week I got all sets completed (banner stuff for Gold and could not get lvl41 version of reborn). I’m in diamond now, but they still work pretty good for me. Make sure you always try the gp for the glitch. It jumps around and works for different people every week or so. When you get it, take your time to exploit it as much as you can before it moves on again.

burbman
    @burbman

@tigerussell – I was able to play pretty much non-stop without losing battles using the lineup I posted earlier today in one of the other threads in here, usually for two or three stars, and could rack up about 1,500 points in an hour. Now that I made it to diamond, I can barely meet my daily objectives before getting squashed for the third time each day. Fortunately, that looks like it will be enough to stay here for at least another week.

Not sure why the resetters are feeling the need to keep doing so in Diamond league, as long as you get in the top twelve there is nowhere to go…

r04ch
    @r04ch

Last week I saw some in gold, and this week it’s even worse.

ElChavinh08 has 740k+, next two have around 140k, and then it drops down in to the more reasonable scores.

http://imgur.com/etrM6xS

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@burbman @bubbley @larry thanks guys. Went pretty well for a long run then got smashed twice to end the day. Got a second cheater on my board so we are all playing for the last spot. I complained to rovio again today about it though it does no good. Still four weeks after this one so I’m in no hurry. Might enter a day late next week again. Seemed a lot better.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

There were 4 of us that were grinding and constantly shifting between 1st and 4th this week. I never earned more than 9000 pts in a day to let others in my group know that I’m not cheating. Last night I grinded for a few hours to get a 7000 pt lead over 2nd place who had not yet completed the daily objectives and today I see someone who gained a little over 16,500 in less than a couple hours so obviously he reset his objectives twice. I’m getting pretty frustrated and might stop playing until there is an update. If I finish 4th or 5th, it will be the 5th time I did not advance because of cheaters. I’m still stuck in the Silver league.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I missed one Objective Yesterday; working is a drag. Anyway, it was a 3K Point objective and I had been in first. This morning I logged in and was only 4K out of first. Looks like I got lucky to find myself on a non-cheat board.

Goobermunch
    @goobermunch

I figured out how to reset my daily goals this week. I can do it reliably (I did it yesterday by accident, and figured out what I did this morning). Once I figured out what I did, I wrote a detailed support request to Rovio explaining how I did it. I hope that this information can be used to fix the bug.

Now that I know what I did, I will not do it again. I have asked Rovio to reset my Arena points for the week, or if need be, reset me to zero. I feel bad for the folks in my league, who are playing fair and have scores that aren’t crazy. I hope that by reporting what happened, I can prevent it from reoccurring.

–G

@goobermunch, don’t start a guilt trip. All you need to do is not play the additional objectives. If you accidentally did, just don’t play them tomorrow. There’s no big deal as long as you don’t purposely cheat.

Keep up the reporting as well. They should be getting fed-up with all these reports, but that’s the point anyway, isn’t it?

Everyone, I’ve made some big changes to the first post today and I’m looking for some feedback. Is there anything I missed? Something to add? Something to delete?

I plan to add some images of the slightly changed attack numbers and the negative scores. Also I plan to add a request to anyone to report in here how successful any refund requests are.

Elespejo
    @espejo123

My leaderboard has for now 1 cheater, but most of them are in diamond league, I think that in the next week, I will have more cheaters.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@larry, I read through the first post. Very well written. I don’t have any suggestions for improvement. You covered everything thoroughly and I like the table of contents organization. It is very clear, easy to follow and extremely informative.

Blorg
    @blorg

Thanks for doing all this to inform people about cheaters. I was in first in my Diamond League and someone blew past me with around 15,000 points in a few hours last night, it would take me a few days of grinding to get anywhere near that and I already play the game way too much.

I came here to see if this was happening a lot and it looks pretty bad. It’s a real shame people feel a need to cheat on a game like this.

burbman
    @burbman

@larry – your method to force a computer generated opponent does not seem to work if playing on a phone, or other device that has internet connectivity unto itself.

How is life treating you up here in diamond? I thought I had a pretty clean board, but the resetters have come out in force here late in the week. So far only thirteen players on my board, so I just have to stay out of last place to maintain my spot.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 1,378 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.