Can't connect to acid storm event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Can't connect to acid storm event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Replies
  • Aledromo
    @aledromo

Went to the website and all i could find were generic help topics with no place to submit a ticket relevant to this. Am I missing something?

SweetP
    @sweetp

EVERYONE please submit a request on Rovio’s Support Page:
    https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Aledromo
    @aledromo

Wait, the Rovio website? Is there another I should be looking for? Thanks. Ticket incoming. Nothing to lose, right?

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

I just sent in a ticket. Fingers crossed Rovio makes this right for us!

Donivb
    @donivb

Ended with 4900 tokens. Could have easily hit 5000 if not for connection error. Sent a request to support. Hope Rovio does so something to correct it. It was hours of playing…

Eric Giese
    @eric-giese

Well this was lame. Rovio should give everyone 500 points, an extra day of competition, or something. I was on my way to finishing in first today, but instead I got 5th, and now I can’t buy the last accessory. In addition to that, the coin toss in the Epic Arena decided that it wanted to become rigged today (worse than 1 in 10 odds). Then there’s the fact that every update to a Rovio game these days brings huge bugs that even basic QC should find. How does the company that made one of the most successful mobile games have such bad QC?

Soundwave
    @soundwave

My 4-year old daughter worked really hard to win this character and was in good position to do it on the last day (needing either 2/3 place and the 60 token level, or 1st place).

When connection broke, she was working on the 60 token level and was in 1st place with double the points of player 2. So who knows where she’ll end up when things get sorted out.

gradientturtle7
    @gradientturtle7

Hello,

I’m sorry it’s taken some time to update you on this issue – it began not long after most people had finished for the week, which was still fairly early in the day for the US timezones.

The issue was caused by a DNS outage preventing the Angry Birds Transformers app from contacting our game servers, which we are currently investigating. The data update which was pushed out on Wednesday only contained changes for the special offer that began that day and is entirely unrelated.

We are currently considering how best to compensate players for the issue – please be assured that we intend to reimburse any lost event tokens as best we can, and will extend the availability of the token exchange as necessary.

I apologise any inconvenience caused, and thank you for your understanding.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

Thanks for the update! Connection was just restored for us, and there is now an in-game message regarding the connection issue.

My daughter ended up being awarded enough tokens for the final day of play to win Acid Storm. So lucky her. Hopefully this issue gets resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.

The competition was certainly a tight window this time, so I expect a lot of folks needed to win tokens on that last day.

Honestly, when I saw the gem offer set to run past the end of the competition (they usually end together), I thought we might get a change to buy extra tokens for gems. I thought Rovio decided to shorten the window, getting players close to the required token amount, then encouraging them to buy discounted gems to acquire the remaining tokens.

OptimusPrimeTime
    @angela-hershey

I opened a ticket yesterday. Like many it’s been stuck since yesterday; around lunchtime for me. Still hanging up for me today. Sigh

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

I finally have access to the event. Unfortunately, as I suspected I did not have enough tokens to win Acid Storm. I needed 1000 to win him, and was pushed to 2nd place before the servers went out. Just my luck! I’m so upset, especially for my son who really wanted me to win Acid Storm for him. I don’t understand why the event can’t run for an extra 24 hours to compensate those who were burned by the connection issue. I will never spend money on this game again. It was a waste. :(

CrazyAfrican
    @crazyafrican

@gradientturtle7
    I am using Android OS and I still don’t have access. I am in North America. Has this issue been entirely fixed?

nemisispig
    @nemisispig

Still don’t have access to the event,on Android OS in the UK

vega
    @vegabomb

I got in. Try closing the app completely and reopening it.

nykki
    @diamond72

I still can’t connect either at 950am PST. I also got a message too. What I don’t understand is how extending the TOKEN EXCHANGES is going to help anything. The competition itself is what needs to be extended, not the stupid exchange. How long does it take for most of us to exchange tokens? 1.2 seconds?? You press a button, bomb you’ve exchanged…

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

My thoughts exactly! Extending the token exchange does NOTHING to help us out.

OptimusPrimeTime
    @angela-hershey

I finally got in. As a other has posted i got pushed from first on the leader board. Good to see the response though from the moderator.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I received the message but I still can’t get into the event. I was glad they said they are thinking of the best way to compensate players and and days. Unfortunately, yesterday just hacked me off about the event and I’m not sure I care unless they give me the tokens or gems to buy the Acidstorm head accessory which I was poised to do.

rlc
    @rlcoone

We really do need to know what the remedy will be. Do we spend the tokens we already have on coins of very little worth rather than lose them entirely or hang on to the tokens in hope that the tokens we lost will be restored?

Dr.Doom
    @dr-doom

@rlcoone Agreed. I would like to know what to do as well. As for now, I’m just going to wait until the last few minutes left in the token exchange before cashing them in. If nothing has been resolved by then, I’ll just exchange the tokens for coins. Sucks, but I don’t want to lose them completely.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

I’m not spending the tokens I have left, so that I can make my decision to spend based on the restored amount. Right now I’m only talking coins, but if they extend the event and there’s more accessories/gems etc., up for grabs, then I’ll be in a better position.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Finally I was able to connect to the Acidstorm event. I was in first place on the leaderboard before the crash yesterday and thankfully I was awarded the tokens that let me get the final accessory. I feel sorry for those that got screwed and didn’t even at least get Acidstorm. They really screwed up this event. I thought they set this event up to make people spend gems or money to have a chance at most of the stuff. I spent gems and even woke up at night so I could run extra nodes. I had plenty of gems to spare. They really need to put a hold on challenges until they have a better handle how to manage these and consider they alienate their players.

nykki
    @diamond72

I am finally able to open the event and it’s on the token exchange. My score was 4850.. I could have played for the last 24 hours and earned enough tokens to open Acid. Not going to cash them in yet and see what happens. But even the exchange is only a day. They really messed up on this and I hope they do right by us players.

rlc
    @rlcoone

Does that mean the rest of us are out in the cold?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Can't connect to acid storm event

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.