Arena Season 8

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 1,254 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@burbman
    If Rovio tells that Coinflip should be 50/50 then all should be done to make it 50/50 (I mean any non-expensive good random algoritm). If u make any hidden influence into it, this is cheating and lying to players. Ofcourse u can always quit the game, or u can accept it and do nothing OR u can play the game and try to improve the system and hope that it is possible and will be done :)

BTW. I dont understand why Rovio makes non-random influences into coinflip. Rovio should tell that coinflip randomness is one fantastic bullsh*t :D

@datguygamer
    can u find if there are any more influences in random rolls in arena (for exapmple Reward Wheel, set items with % effects, Banners with % effects …)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc @smwforever45

In terms of programming it is impossible to make an absolute value that is random but still fair. It’s either one or the other. You can make it as close as 50/50 but never will you able to make it an exact 50. That’s how it works. I can still program the behavior to be 50.0000000005 and still call it 50% and especially in a game where most events and flags are based on chance, it is expected for them to pick a factor that’s easier to code in terms of what class and objects they belong to; in this case the chili and the cheater set (since many players will get the chili as their first purchase).

Basically if you have the chili purchased you are given a slight purposeful disadvantage (since if you win the toss you have a guaranteed win) and that slight disadvantage can be somewhat negated with the set. Not absolute but somewhat. The reason it is done to balance out players who have strong gears and will easily in one or two rounds AND force them to spend Lucky Coins to replenish the banners if they lose. In a freemium game, that’s normal.

Btw, Kenny, none of those factors matter (yet) in the toss. For now, only the chili and the set. That’s it, nothing else factors in unless they change it later.

I feel like this argument has gone for too long between you two. Relax, this is just a game. It’s nothing to rain down brimstone upon each other.

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc @bubbley I can attest to the fact that SeaDog’s Gang Up does not cause a Last Will proc. I use him almost exclusively in Arena, and have not seen a retaliation at all from this, regardless if it’s a direct linked attack or AoE from this attack.
    I only have seen Illusionist’s Mirror Image KO my Chuck once, but knowing what I know about Gang Up, I can see this “secondary attack” also being buggy. I will investigate later when I have time.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    As u wrote 50.0000000005 would be fair enough for me :)

I think that I am ok with @smwforever45, right Yosh :)? We like to talk alot about many “things”, right :)?

I will keep collecting data about coinflip and keep sending it to Rovio :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc @datguygamer and all others:

Even 49-51 would be enough for me. :P

Interesting article @suikyo. While numbers will eventually repeat, barely anyone plays a thousand matches a day, so it’s enough randomness for me.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I would be damn satisfied for 49/51 :D

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Whatever you do, don’t purposefully send them information about us finding out about their toss shenanigans. They have already encrypted many parts of the files. I don’t want them to make my work harder than it already is.

@smwforever45
    All the links are private. So you’re part of that group (since you can access them)? If so, can you manually take a screencap and show it if possible?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    I said nothing to them about your work and I will keep it that way, ofcourse.

kolchin
    @bhenry43

How does the emblem Vengeful (Do damage to enemy birds when one of your own dies) get figured? I swear it does way more damage TO me when the enemy has it than it does FOR me to the enemy. I have one and I put it on to get more damage output, and it really only does around 550 to all targets when a bird is knocked out. Hardly worth it, IMO. Back to rage shield for me.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kennymcc Thanks for your co-operation. Btw have you updated to v1.5.0? If not, update and THEN collect toss data to see if anything has changed or not. :)

Also the event will go on till 11th Sept. Do your best to get that Elite upgrade.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Sorry, I will update later. I dont like making updates quickly :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Thought so. Here you go:

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@datguygamer

The old ABN group that formed years ago surmised that Rovio reads the posts here. Don’t know if they still do.

BF10
    @bf10

I got the use Bomb to defeat Red, and it actually took a while especially with the fact the AI (the one that always uses Red, Chuck, Matlida, and always have empty mastery) have outrageous power and legendary items that will counter you if you don’t change classes.

Speaking of which one time I got very close against an AI using the set that makes you immune to 99.99% (not 60% to me) of effects, with my banner at 20 health.

Pointless
    @pointless

@dallasreds you can continue the supposition. If anyone has the inclination, read back on these forums and see how quickly the game has been changed when someone here discovers an exploit. The only one I can think of that lasted a while was the GCE that was referred to but not actually explained. I am not the only one that racked up the LCs from that particular beneficial loop hole.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well thank you Forced Update. The days of easy Arena battles seem to be behind us again. All Opponents are now “real” players with M15 Birds and fully Enchanted Sets. All are at or near my APR of 2149. Not complaining about this, per se, yet the Toss is still against. Just 3 wins and 12 losses just now.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    Yep I think the days of CG opponents are over. For the first time in years I completed no set of objectives after the update. I had several wins and then before I knew it my 3 lives were gone. I am not buying anymore in this lifetime.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@dallasreds @pointless Yes, they might read posts here (especially since they encrypted parts of the game file after I found out about their shenanigans). But there’s no reason to purposefully advertise stuff to let them know even faster than they are supposed to. The main thing I exploited was during v1.8 Golden Pig battles and it has helped me since. :P

@smwforever45
    Oh, so that’s what the changes were for….. Uh, huh. Thanks for the pics.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

Holy Fecal Matter, Batman!
    What is the deal, Rovio? You got something against Arena goals being feasible?
    After 1.5 update, Arena sux more than a Hoover with a black hole in it!
    Went from evenly matched opponents to being instantly, reliably, and completely outclassed in every matchup! If I was ever inclined to spend any money on ABE, this update just squashed that temptation like a Capn+Red+Rage attack…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I noticed as well that CG opponents are gone. My opponents are beatable yet… but it’s quite tough. Using Valiant, Underdog emblem, and my M13 Pally and M15 Wizard to clear battles.

@datguygamer

Makes you wonder what Rovio is ACTUALLY doing against cheaters and hackers.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Have u noticed that the game picks OP enemies when u use Underdog emblem after few battles? Or do u have enemies with similar Power (number)?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I think this only happens because the game assumes you’ll always take 3 birds with you to battle (after all, if you battle with only 2 birds the “2/3” above the Battle button is highlighted in red). A third bird adds ~200-300 power to your team which results in this heavy power jump.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I dont think so. My non-used 3rd bird adds something like 100. All worked normally before 1.4.8. The game started to pick enemies power apox. 300 higher than my “Underdog” team or even higher after 1.4.8. update. So I focused more on “Last Will” team.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

So I was forced to make 1.5.0 update :) First arena battle after this update: Coinflip ofcourse lost ;) (no problem with that :) ). I saw Shroud emblem on enemy banner, thats gonna be fun I said to myself :) and it was :) I made rage attack with Chuck and all 3 attacks were Shrouded :D This situation has chance 0,3% to happen, WTF :D I hate this emblem so much :D Yeah I had always problem with this freaky emblem :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I made some battles in 1.5.0 and it seems that the Underdog matchmaking problem was fixed (I wrote about it to Rovio). I will test this later more.
    I will collect coinflip results too. BTW. Negative ratio again in those few battles in 1.5.0 ;) Will see how it will be with more data.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 8

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 1,254 total)
  • The topic ‘Arena Season 8’ is closed to new replies.