Arena Season 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 290 total)
  • Replies
  • Mimi27
    @mimi27

I had the same experience as @LondoJowo. I knew I would be finishing 4th place, and waited until late afternoon before even looking at the arena. I was in 1st place and moved up to silver. I don’t recall any of the people on my board–I just know they weren’t familiar.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

So I think this Enchanting thing might put an even bigger gap between the players who pay/hack for LCs.

Just face a 50/12 Paladin with Dragon’s set hitting for 1600+ per hit. Can’t see what enchant level his weapon was, but I’m assuming that was it.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, this is a pure money grab.
    ____

Also, 1600 is nothing. I just drew

EEREE (Power: 1336)
    – Paladin 50/12 (Titan set 1800 damage / 6253 health)
    – Thunderbird 50/12 (feather & egg 893 damage / 3873 health)
    – Sea Dog 50/12 (hook & compass 2659 damage / 5018 health)
    – monkey head & quilt (vitality, vigor, vampiric 17314 health)

I’m assuming that’s MAX 10 sets and MAX 4 emblem.

Oh yeah, if that’s 8 items upgraded to MAX 10, he spent 440 (8x 55 ea) Shards to do this. That’s 9 buys of 125 LCs = 1,120 LCs total. $50 USD in real world money.

Quite frankly, I cannot compete with whales willing to spend like that. If this is where Epic is going, I’ll be quitting soon enough.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Here’s what I’m hoping: that the 50 is the final level cap for now. If that’s the final level cap for now then there won’t be much of a reason to spend LCs on the GPM once you have all your set items. So instead they want us to spend LCs on Enchantments.

Then they’ll up the level cap after they’ve released some new PVE content (new map/character/something). Although I’m guessing that’ll happen sometime after Season 5 and Blues 6th class.

All educated guesses by my part.

but yeah, i’m with you. If this is just a pure money grab (meaning they keep upping the level cap every couple of months like they have been), then i’m done.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist @jadedbacon Well said. Yes, it’s not looking good at this point… and I agree 100% about an imminent level cap increase. Some n00bs are going to squander an obscene amount of resources… it almost doesn’t bear thinking about. I’ve already encountered some appallingly overpowered teams in the arena. Gunna be interesting, that’s for sure!

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Match-making needs a major overhaul. While it was barely tolerable enough to face players with their bird armies around 150-200 power over our own, the enchantment system is just a whole new level of power creep that’s just feeding into the P2W fest. Is it not possible to match players within a 50 point difference?

Not to mention the occasional level cap that’s gonna make our set items redundant every few months. There’s barely enough time let alone enough resources to invest in both enchantments and new set items at this given rate until another patch update.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

I love this game, the PVP is fun when facing similarly geared opponents, competing on the brackets makes for some fun frantic times trying to grind as many points as possible while still not losing 3 times. There’s a certain bit of management that I enjoy.

The PVE is lacking in that there hasn’t been any true new content for a long time. The small events give some mastery (yay), but we fight the same enemies we’ve fought for well over a year (boo). The big events have a nice little map and a new class and stuff (yay), but it’s again the same enemies and the map only sticks around for awhile and then it goes away… oh yeah and it’s a timed gated event (boo)

I understand that Rovio wants to make money, that’s the nature of a free to play game and really business in general. However, when I pay money into a game like this, I want the stuff I pay for to be 1: fun and 2: doesn’t go obsolete in a couple months. Paying money for the GPM always felt so silly because in a few months the level cap would go up and the gear wouldn’t compete with the high end anymore.

So here’s the crux of the situation. Rovio needs to release stuff that we can pay money for, and that stuff needs to be semi-permanent (in relative terms to the game). Alternatively, we can grind ourselves stupid to get the gear, but even with grinding it’ll still take awhile. So if this new enchanting thing comes in and people spend money to enchant their gear and then whoops 3 months down the line the gear is useless because there’s a new level cap and stuff like that? This game will have a lot of angry (no pun intended) customers and will lose a lot of business.

If a level cap is coming, players need to be made aware so they know that if they spend money on gear that will go obsolete, it’s at their own discretion/risk. Also some way to “upgrade” equipment to the max level through LCs in some form would also be appreciated.

Sorry for the rant, it’s still tied to Season 4 so it’s not completely off topic.

EDIT: Typos

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The problem with Arena is that it’s level-based. Remove the level cap so that everybody faces everybody within each bracket. Level 50/12 faces Level 30/5, as long as they’re both Stone.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I’ve now seen a few banner sets with health in the 25,000 range. For that, it seems the Venom set doesn’t work all that well anymore. The banner health is so high you need to knock out the opposing birds quickly so they don’t damage your banner while you degrade theirs down to a manageable level (you also have to degrade their healing if they have it). Venom doesn’t allow you to knock out birds fast enough. A 25,000 level banner with the right bird combination is nearly invincible.

angryde
    @angryde

Slightly more competitive this week… but, still, nothing overly arduous.

I’m not encountering too many over-powered/enchanted teams… yet.

Hey, @jadedbacon, I enjoy your rants! You write what we’re all thinking… let’s be honest! Lol.

S5W3D4H85.jpg

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

Have someone in my bracket that’s at 44000 :( Grinded for awhile last night and got to 2nd with 3000 over the next guy. Hopefully that’ll be enough!

@angryde
    Feels good to rant every once and awhile ;)

BINH
    @binh

The only change i feel after the update is that i lose the coin more often (4/5) My team is quite powerful with the chili so i don’t mind the enchanting thing

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

The new week started exactly one hour ago, and my board (gold league) looks like this right now:

Cheaters all over again

Luckly for me, this only happened only twice so far (and I’m playing since Season 1) but I’m kinda tired of this shit… probably something went very bad with the last update and real cheaters got in again…
    Take note guys, even if we take into account the impossible result acquired after only 1 hour in the new week, your score CAN’T possibly end by “3”, by any means, it’s either 0 or 5, so he is obviously a cheater I hope Rovio will purge somehow, hence this weekk started off very badly.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@ryogokusama Send that screen shot to Rovio support with an explanation of the problem. They have become really fast in fixing cheaters in the leagues now but it can still take a few days so do it as quick as possible.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

Already done that before posting here, I decided to post it here too to raise awareness about the player involved.
    I know some games and forums have rules against names and shaming, so if some board moderator consider this inappropriate, just let me know and I will delete the name (even if I think we should beat the crap out of this loser)

Anonymous

Due to extrmely high competition, i got 5th, and remain to silver. Sure this week I will go into gold league.

Anonymous

Now for me the board is d.e.a.d lol

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@ryogokusama I feel your pain, had someone in my bracket this past week that was at 44k the first day. Actually passed him up on the last day but he jumped 10k+ in 30 min :-/ Was hoping to deny him the league up since he cheated but oh well.

Onto Gold league. Going to wait to start until 1-3 hours before the objectives reset tomorrow.

angryde
    @angryde

@ryogokusama Hey, 1st is a cheater, no doubt, but 2nd and 3rd are wide open! You’re only 1000 trophies off 3rd! And 2nd is still doable! That’s a GOOD board to my eyes… Grind, son! :-D

planetbear
    @oobear

Pig Squire set with resurrection is really awesome!
    I earned 15k points today, only lost 2 times.
    My team:
    Red Paladin with dragon set;
    Chuck Wizard with twin lightening set;
    Bomb Capt’n with scissors set.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@ryogokusama Hey, 1st is a cheater, no doubt, but 2nd and 3rd are wide open! You’re only 1000 trophies off 3rd! And 2nd is still doable! That’s a GOOD board to my eyes… Grind, son! :-D

Not really… that was the situation ONE hour in the new week, this (screenshot below) is the current situation with 2 days left

Cheater Spotted, Again

Everyone has been super competitive this week and the cheater even upgraded his own score and it’s still pretty obvious he DID cheat since it ends with a “1”… meh, a week wasted.

angryde
    @angryde

@ryogokusama I was trying to be positive… at the beginning of the week! ;-)

Your board is awful, definitely. Very frustrating for you!

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

I was 6th on my board in gold league this week (and the board was pretty awful as you can see in my previous post) but still, I got promoted to Platinum League as 3rd place and I don’t know how the hell it happened… anyone experienced the same thing this week?
    My best guess is, Slayer wasn’t the only cheater on the board and everyone else moved up 2-3 positions, but still this was pretty weird…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@ryogokusama Yes some other people have reported before that they got promoted even though they where not in the top 3. Which proves that reporting cheaters now works :-D

Pointless
    @pointless

@ryogokusama did you check your final leader board before advancing? I have had the same thing happen, being third at the end of a week and suddenly first. Both people ahead of me finished with 0 points and were demoted. As @angryjohnny said, reporting these “suspicious” scores does work on occasion

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.