Arena Season 5

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 15 replies - 276 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • Replies
  • Jim151
    @jim151

BTW, I just saw your team @ 1256 – you don’t use Set Banners pieces?

I use the blessed set sometimes. I don’t have the valiant set yet. My Blessed head is far to weak for me to want to enchant, thus the set is far weaker than my cash and resource only level 6 enchanted not-set items.

Jim151
    @jim151

With a jeweled apple and red pennant, both enchant level 6, my banner health is 24,175. With the Blessed set it’s 16,922

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Ah, OK, that makes perfect sense. I’ve been stockpiling Shards for “good” Set pieces, so when I got Valiant Tapestry a while ago, I bumped it to 8. Then I got the Head, and bumped that to 7. Combined with TJ4, I’m at 23.2k, which is “good enough”.

If I downgrade to Frost / Mighty / Sinister / Blessed, I’m under 18k.

Have you just been unlucky in spinning up Banner Sets? Or they’ve not been a priority to upgrade?

For me, I only upgrade “good” Set pieces, so I have a bunch of un-upgraded items I’m still using, waiting for replacement and upgrades.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

1st in Diamond last week with a whopping 50k. LOL.

We’ll see how this week goes…

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

About that, I don’t think upgrading Banner Sets is the way to go right now… unless you have the Valiant Set yourself, once you go higher in Power Score you’ll end fighting everyone with a Valiant Set.
    I’m around 1k+~ myself, with a non-upgraded Rage Set (only Time Jump is) and 3 opponents out of 5 are Valiant user and it gets tough if I have to use certain combinations of Birds to get the daily objectives (and I lose the coin flip)… lately I found it’s easier to use non-upgraded banner items to lower your Power Score, you get way less Valiant users and in general it’s easier to get the ojectives/farming done.

Pointless
    @pointless

@ryogokusama an interesting approach…are you (and everyone else, for that matter) finding that you are matched with opponents soley on this somewhat arbitrary score as opposed to your level and your birds’ mastery? Might make for a bit more variation from the near constant Valiant…
    I do find battles repetitive (but I guess Arena is, almost by definition if one wants to reach and maintain Diamond), but Valiant is really very beatable using Valiant (a luxury not everyone enjoys). I still have not lost one battle with my tweaked team using an upgraded Valiant Set

Jim151
    @jim151

Have you just been unlucky in spinning up Banner Sets?

I haven’t spent a single gold coin, nor a single enchant shard on a banner item, and I probably never will. It’s just not a priority.

Ryogo Kusama
    @ryogokusama

@pointless This will surely require further testing as in the beginning I didn’t notice any change in opponents, while switching between my banner sets and lowering my Power Score but then again, in the past there was no Valiant Set and more Rage / Venom teams around, so I didn’t feel the need to.
    Lately instead, every opponent with 1k+ Power Score I meet, either has a Valiant set or a Diamond set fully upgraded, so I tried to switch my banner items around (and sometime weapons too) to see if I could manage to find the sweet spot between stronger opponents and a decent amount of power to win the battles… and in the last 4-5 weeks (cheaters aside) I found out that if I stay under 1050~ power score, I meet way less Valiant users or atleast way less opponents with 1.2k+ power score, making the points farm way easier.
    Still, I believe that, as someone else stated previously (can’t remember who) your timezone and availability of opponents when you play Arena, are the major points to take into consideration, the game will always try to find active opponents in a certain range of power score from you, so if you want to avoid the Valiant Sets flood, your only choice is to stay away from that range or try to play in impossible time frame of the day (as in, early in the morning or very late at night)… this works the same way as when the game can’t find any opponents for you (for the reasons we all know) and it pops up a random generated noob team.
    If one or both those requirements are met, chances are you’ll face the lower bracket opponents available based on your current league.
    Then I finally decided to try with a Rage Set with 975 Power Score and no emblem upgraded and I faced only two-three Valiant users so far in the past 4 weeks.
    This last week I decided to upgrade my Time Jump, raising my score to 1065 and I got caught in the Valiant hell, where 3 out of 4 opponents got that damn set… still, it’s the last week, so I guess I can’t complain.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OTOH, having Valiant, I think the correct strategy is to bump items as things permit. If power ratings are equal, the human player should beat the CPU, but if you’re coming in with 1300 vs 1600 (I think that’s the max), that’s too much to overcome.

That said, I probably should have maxxed attack before defense before banner. Oh well, no biggie. Hopefully, I get some good items in tomorrow’s Rainbow Riot to close the season.

slav3r
    @slav3r

hey guys, a quick question: i’m in platinum league right now…if i’ll be in the top 3 at the and of the week (it’s the last one), i get a platinum or a diamond trophy?

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

@slav3r I ended up getting a diamond trophy for the first season despite ending in Platinum (really not sure how it all works)… so you might?!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Finished 2nd in Diamond this week and got 10 Shards on the first spin, so a good close to the season.

dillo
    @dillo

Got ten shards too, not bad for someone who missed the 4 weeks of the season (real life obligations and all).

@graugeist
    A Venomous team with 1300 can beat a 1601 team without Mana and Valiant…I know because I’ve done it several times; I’m maxxed now though so I clock in at 1483 instead 1320-something. The AI is generally laughable and predictable so I lose at most once every 50 fights and usually it’s because I miscalculate when Chili time will occur. If I get that right I can raise my offensive defense (Lightning shields, Cupcake Trap, Samurai protection field, et cetera) and then deal a crippling counter blow.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Post-Mana, I don’t play Venomous in Arena. :D

dillo
    @dillo

@graugeist Smart ;) Still Mana only triggers 60% of the time and I’ve gotten pretty lucky with at least one Venom type getting through.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 5

Viewing 15 replies - 276 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.