Arena season 12

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 12

• The variety of outrageous glitches in Epic never ceases to amaze. After playing hard to stay in first place in my group this week, I encountered a new frustration. In the last hour of week one, I was placed in five different groups of players with my position in the rankings changing each time. I ended up in the third place position with another completely new group of players. Fortunately I saved all five groupings of players I was randomly stuck in during that hour – Rovio is getting a boatload of screenshots to consider. That and the ongoing sudden crashes, worthless video offers that say ‘no ad scheduled’, and not getting FE’s from Facebook friends is making me consider quitting like some of the fine members of our community have recently done. Never have played such a dysfunctional game for so long – maybe I’m crazy ;)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • ;)
    @winkwink

Also, the game is getting more erratic at Facebook friends gifts of FE’s. Seems like with every new version they have more and more server and software issues

Pointless
    @pointless

@winkwink I would be more than happy to borrow your Birds. Just please stop leaving them in a constant UP state…not a very attractive option :)

;)
    @winkwink

@pointless, getting most of them to max on mastery, 80/80, with good sets – not sure why they display so poorly. Probably another Epic Facebook connectivity glitch. Growing weary of features that do not work as advertised…

;)
    @winkwink

The same thing happened in the last hour of this week in the arena. Every battle puts you in a different position in a different leaderboard. Why even bother with grinding all week when it comes to this…

;)
    @winkwink

Lucked out on getting #1 after wildly shifting positions after each battle in the previous hour, 8 minutes before end of week.

Screenshot_20170730-131149.png

But when I go to claim it I get this – with an obvious cheater on top, no less!!! Will Rovio insult us even further until we quit – time will tell…

Screenshot_20170730-231717.png

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Exactly the same ~ got lucky, or so I thought and caught 1st place with 11 mins to spare after being moved around after being on a legit board in 1st all week. Claimed the prize and finished 6th on 3 stars?!?

Still in Wood!!

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

@winkwink

Have you sent in a ticket?

asmilon
    @asmilon

The same thing happened to me, only that I fell from position #2 to #11 in the last hour. What’s the point on spending time and resources hoping to rank up and then get this result?

I am really on the verge of dropping the game, after playing since day one, as it stops being fun with such stupid bugs or “features”…

;)
    @winkwink

Now the events have the same glitch – last ‘sport’ event had a healthy lead and then was put in 2nd in an entirely different leaderboard in the last 5 minutes. Now the arena is abruptly stopping every 15 minutes or so and auto play sometimes freezes when farming snouts so you have to do a hard shutdown to restart.

;)
    @winkwink

Anyone else having problems with playing the event to the last minute to stay in first place only to be switched to an entirely different leaderboard at the end of the event? I happened again to me today… Also the class/weapons/offhand items do not always display properly and it is difficult to switch sets and headgear.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@winkwink

I’m also having terrible problems with the class/weapons/offhand items😬

DD
    @toolow

@winkwink

@suzy

It happens when you select an item scrolled to the right side of the lists. You can recover by switching between classes and items lists, just rather inconvenient. If you file a report, they’ll probably suggests that the problem is specific to your device and advise you to delete items that do not fit into the visible portion of the lists.

See reply on the board switching on the Version 2.2.0 thread.

DD
    @toolow

Just noticed that enemy Rage Shield protects against ALL attacks, not just rage.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@toolow

Thanks for the reply. I did report it but unfortunately they haven’t responded yet. I have tried switching between classes etc, sometimes it works but not always.

It’s definitely Rovio causing this problem. Yes you’re right about having too many items as it happened to me before because of that. So I was surprised that it happened again as I’m always keeping an eye on how many items are in each section.

Sometimes when I click on a tab to select something nothing is showing at all, its blank, or the first item shows up half way across the screen. Other times I’m unable to scroll to the right even though there are only 12 items.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@toolow @suzyq @winkwink  I think, maybe, you can avoid the “item switch glitch” if you remember to scroll back all the way to the left if you selected something from the right *before* you switch from offhand to weapon or weapon to class or <something> to <something else>. I think the ISG is related to the bug where you can’t cycle between your friend pages without scrolling back to the top of whatever page you’re on. Or maybe not. It might be that Chimera is capable of creating independent classes of bugs that behave similarly because they are just that good.

Anyway, I seem to be able to avoid my menus getting locked by scrolling back to the left each time. It’s making my gaming experience just that much more enjoyable. Totally.

DD
    @toolow

@suzyq
    When you want to switch from one item list to another, always select the class list first, then the item list. When you want to switch from an item list to a class list, do that and select the next or previous bird before going back. That’ll always work (until they break it); just ignore the intermediate selections which are either empty or do not scroll properly.

EDIT: See @jamairoqui suggestion.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui
    Good suggestion, you’re right.

I think Chimera is rather good at copy and paste code, code coupling, and all other software practices that any good text book said to avoid.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@jamairoqui
    I think Chimera has started a Bug Development Department in their spare time.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@dallasreds  The Chimera mission statement probably reads like”Qwality, efficeincy, sekurity: werds to us that meens a gud gaming eksperence for yu.”

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@jamairoqui
    Lol til I choked.

;)
    @winkwink

@jamairoqui – true that! It seems that with each new version comes a new set of glitches. Does anyone else notice how long it takes the Island to load, maybe three times as long, on startup or after coming from the nest or the arena?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@winkwink Any time the island reloads it takes it about 30 s to reset. At first I thought that was Rovio making sure people didn’t snipe positions at the end of events (by limiting the number of times you could play in the last 10 minutes or so). But that doesn’t make sense because Rovio doesn’t care about who gets what place, they want you to be able to spend as much as you want, as fast as you want. So I realized it’s doing something idiotic like connecting to the main servers, downloading updated scores and messages from every ABE player everywhere, including the ISS and Mars rover, and then waiting for the handshake making sure it got the correct data. It’s a feature.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui
    And managed to drop some progress data in the process as an Easter egg for free. How generous is that?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@toolow  Why wouldn’t you want the opportunity to spend more time to get that same amount of progress a second time? You would have to be stupid or something.

DD
    @toolow

@jamairoqui
    You mean it doesn’t give me less or next to nothing the second time?! Boo! What a rip-off!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 12

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.