Arena season 10

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 10

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 266 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

Never underestimate the POWER of the dark side…or at least @partshade

I have actually been trying different Bird and Banner combos, and UPing facilitates this without Enchanting, and avoids a Bird arse-kicking :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Have u faced some teams with Mythic Time Jump emblem :)? It seems that the Time Jump is triggered more than 50% but only for the AI (not for players). It is almost unplayable vs team with Mythic Time Jump emblem. Just avoid such non-sense opponents! What is your experience?

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

@jamairoqui, @angryde, @smwforever45 , so am I right in my understanding that the system will start to match up the 15-player group upon the time I first played the arena, for example if I start on a Friday it will only group a 15-player team that starts on Friday?

I am in Platinum and so far always starts on Monday, and it is crazy trying to even stay at even the 1-2 star range. I am thinking to start this Thu/Fri given the Easter event.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@leung-wai-hoong The way it appears to work is that if you start later in the week, you are matched up with people who also started on that day. Sometimes, I think you might get in a league with someone who started earlier on that day, but before the objectives reset, so they got an “extra” set of objectives (e.g., the objectives reset at 2000 UTC, so if you start at 2200 UTC on Thursday, you only get one set of objectives. Sometimes it appears as if someone started at 1800 UTC on Thursday, and they got two since they might have 18,000 points for day 1). But that doesn’t happen very often, and it might also be instead that there are some very heavy grinders starting later in the week who put up huge single-day numbers. But I have never seen the situation where starting on Wednesday or Thursday that you are down 4 or 5 days worth of objectives. There is no way I would still be playing arena if it were taking me over an hour a day over the entire week just to stay above the demotion line.

DD
    @toolow

@leung-wai-hoong
    Not necessarily. If you’re unlucky, you may end up the last player to join a group that started on day 1. It all depends on your bird+mastery level, the current best possible league (wood for week 1, gold for week 4 etc), and how the other players behave. Generally, you want to start as late as feasible the stronger your position is. On several occasions, I start on day 7 in the last hour only to end up as the last player to join a group which looked to have started on day 1. :(

For example, with L70/M70, I start on late day 2, 4, or the last 15-20 min depending who the players were in my last league. Whereas with L15/M38, I start on day 1 and may get 5 or less players at the end of the week.

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

Thanks @jamairoqui and @toolow for the insights. I am L70/M45 without any upgrading and my banner sets are also not yet L72 nor upgraded. As such, it took me 3 weeks to get onto Platinum from Gold, and I am content to just stay here without aiming for Diamond.

To play it safe, i will try to start on Wed evening / Thu morning, and if needed grind like hell to stay within Platinum

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kennymcc I have played against opponents with Mythic Time Jump. It usually triggers 7 or 8 times per battle. I use Mythic Res so it isn’t a problem for me.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@leung-wai-hoong @toolow @jamairoqui
    It seems it is not the exact rule that you are put to the board that was started that day only. I was once in a group that was started on wednesday and and the board was not filled with all 15 until saturday. I also sometimes joined boards during the week with players that have really high scores already.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Just curious if anyone is playing today. I always start the week Monday morning for convenience. My leaderboard has been fetching for the last 4 hours. Does anyone else have this issue?

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

I usual start Monday morning as well, but today I had things to do this morning so didn’t start until 3.30. I have a board to myself at the moment. I’m wondering if your board is still hanging whether when they sort it out if suddenly loads of people will appear on my board?

Good luck for this week. It’s a shame you were robbed of 1st place last week ?

angryde
    @angryde

Mine is OK @bubbley but I only joined just now… oh, and @suzyq, I finally, finally made it to diamond. Just in the nick of time! I really didn’t think I was going to make it this season… :-P

end_wk_16_april_1.jpg

end_wk_16_april_2.jpg

Ed. Nope, I spoke too soon… sorry @bubbley :-(

diamond_17_april.jpg

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde

Fantastic news, really happy for you. As they say better late than never ?

metztli013
    @metztli013

For the record,

I started the arena week on Thursday again. This week I finished 1st with just over 22k, I think. Advanced to Diamond (finally!) with very little effort. Yep, this is the life. =)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryde congratulations glad you finally made it.

@suzyq
    thanks but I wasn’t bothered about first place. I just wanted him to be caught. Have very inconsistent WiFi for at least another 2 weeks so really just don’t want to be demoted.

My leaderboard is still fetching. I have no clue what is going on or even what my score is. I will just play as I can and hope for the best. I don’t think the WiFi issue has anything to do with it. When it works it works.

Good luck to all.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley you are not experiencing anything we also are going through. Disconcerting to say the least…

;)
    @winkwink

I am also getting the ‘looking for team members’ notice when trying to check the leaderboard. No leaderboard connect since yesterday it seems. On another note, after making Diamond for the past ten seasons, I find that what you login in with is more important than when you log in during each week. I have tried starting right after the new week starts and also delaying the start for various lengths of time. It is the luck of the draw whether you get insane grinders or cheaters in your league on any give week. What helps in getting manageable system generated opponents is to set your teams and banner at their lowest strength levels when exiting before re-entry, and perhaps clearing the cache regularly may be useful. The first battle it may be best to play with a weaker team and after a couple battles ease into your strong team. Opponent selection has much to do with what you enter the game with. BTW, just got a FB account for gaming under Jay Winkerman so send friend request noting AB Nest if you want more opportunity for FE’s, GPM rolls, and such…

Pointless
    @pointless

@winkwink done on the request. Hope it was the right account? A Blue Jay? A different kid on my FB than on ABN :)
    And you are partially correct, a few factors, and some good luck, will help you…

;)
    @winkwink

Now I just need to figure out how to take advantage of the FB benefits for AB Epic & AB2 ;)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@winkwink thanks for replying to my request but I don’t see you in my list. Do I need to send another request?

;)
    @winkwink

@bubbley on FB I am now Jay Winkerman, on Epic I am ;)

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Finally got a mythic emblem from a free roll

Screenshot_20170419-183709.png

nickname
    @zaqxsw

third day of arena and i still havent got enemies on the scoreboard..shall i send ticket to rovio before sunday?

Pointless
    @pointless

Got my Diamond frame for Season 10 after the end of the week. Great, but there’s still a week left?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh nice, so I wasn’t the only one that was in an empty league this week.
    Good for us, I guess.

@zaqxsw

They “fix” so many things in our disadvantage, it can’t hurt to use a bug like this and not let them know.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

The arena season has ended yet I’m in silver league?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena season 10

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.