Arena Power Levels?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Power Levels?

• Although I have been playing for a little while (level 20) I haven’t really sought out much information about the game besides what is available in-game.

Ever since day one, my Arena opponents have been 99% far beneath my power level. It doesn’t provide much of a challenge, but since I always win, I can always complete my objectives. I am in the Platinum league now, and that remained the same throughout all the leagues until yesterday.

Out of the blue, just yesterday, in the middle of the day even, I started getting 100% opponents that are 50+ levels above me and haven’t won a battle since.

Does anybody know how the Arena match-ups are supposed to work, in terms of power level? Do you suppose I will ever get an even or lesser match again?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

So if I understand you correctly, your current XP level (the number inside the star in the top left corner) is 20?
    And you face enemies that are 50+ XP levels above you? There is no XP level 70 in this game (at least, not legitly available).

Or do you mean the power rating of your team? On the first 3-5 battles of a day, you will always face enemies below your own power rating. Afterwards, you’ll face enemies that are equal or a bit stronger than you. There can be extremes, too, both weak and strong. If that doesn’t happen and you’re constantly matched with OP opponents, that’s a bug you should report.

It would also be interesting to know if the OP opponents you’re facing are computer-generated (~99% of the Unnamed Players are such computer-generated opponents), or real opponents.

Bossk
    @henjovr

I’ve been grinding arena battles last week (in platinum currently).

I am lvl 60 and powerlevel ~2100. I’ve been getting opponents arounds ~1600-1700 with incomplete or no banner sets for 100% of my battles.
    Needless to say that winning is very easy currently for me.

It seems that for my opponents too, they are grinding easily too :/

DD
    @toolow

Some people seems to be getting easier opponents since yesterday while others such as @e5c4p3artist and myself are getting harder ones. For me, they are all computer generated; I saw no ‘real’ teams so far. Whether the opponent strength will change depends on Rovio; it did change back and forth in the past.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

Sorry for any confusion. Actually I am only level 18 (blue star in the upper left corner). When I stated level 20, I was confusing this game with another.

But power level is what I was meaning. My current power level is 218. I was routinely getting opponents with power levels far lower than myself ever since I began playing the game. I just figured that was the way the game worked.

Now, all of a sudden, I am getting opponents with power levels far higher than mine. For example, the lowest I have seen today is 268. I haven’t beaten anyone since this started.

Now another funny thing is that I was in first place when this started and, even though I have lost every battle for three straight days, I am still in first place! No one else has moved on the board either.

Maybe the same thing is happening to every player on my board.

Everborn
    @everborn

I am in a similar situation.
    I started playing the arena about 4 weeks ago, and just hit playing this week.
    Previously I saw opponents with names and mixed teams, but all of a sudden this week it is only computer generated teams (Unnamed Player) with matching equipment sets for all birds, 100% of the time.
    And like you said, I have seen no opponents with equal or lower power, most significantly higher than myself.
    Very. Frustrating, and almost enough to make me quit.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

OP here. This situation has only gotten worse for me. I was player level 18 when I posted this, my Arena power level was 218, and I was getting opponents around 268, about 50 power levels higher than me. And all opponents seem to be CG (Unnamed Player).

I am now player level 25, my Arena power level is 538 and I have leveled up many of my classes and acquired new weapons and off-hand items, etc. But now I am getting opponents that are over 100 power levels above me (see screenshot below). Still all CG opponents.

I have basically quit playing in the Arena altogether because I have won only three battles since the original post in this thread and those were 1-2 star wins. Enough that I am at #13 in my current group and can go no higher. I have not been able to complete any of the challenges.

I’m not thinking about quitting the game altogether. I am still having fun leveling at a quick rate, raking in the Snoutlings, and acquiring lots of blueprints for new weapons and off-hand items. This is entirely due to the fact that around level ~20 I figured out a strategy to win all the levels in Chronicle Cave with only two birds, so I can play them over and over with no need to borrow a bird from a friend!

Also, the Halloween event is keeping me interested until my energy runs out each time. I also went back and three-starred all above ground levels. And I do the Daily Dungeons. So yeah, game still fun, but no Arena for me anymore. Maybe once I get demoted back down a league or two, I will be able to compete again.

IMG_6240.PNG

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Now I see what you mean @e5c4p3artist

This is an opponent I got AFTER LOSING A BATTLE. The first opponent (to which I lost) wasn’t any better or worse than that.
    Power level comparison:
    My team:
    M6 Samurai: 28.
    M4 Cleric: 20.
    M8 Pirate: 28.
    Banner: 98.

CG opponent team:
    M7 Elite Cleric: 51. A complete Perfect Balance set.
    M7 Elite Sea Dog: 64. A complete Boarding set.
    M7 Tricksters: 52. A complete Artillery Strike set.
    Banner: 118. A complete Bedtime set.

All complete sets and super strong birds against which I have no chance, even though I really try. Me? I don’t have a single set item so far.

Rovio has killed PvP for newbies…

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

First of all, how are people getting images to show up right in their posts? I am using the same code to insert an image, but mine is showing up as some kind of link instead of the picture.

Secondly, here is an update. So I got demoted down a league yesterday (from Diamond to Platinum). I am still having the same issue. Every fight, my opponent (typically CG) is far higher power level than me, usually around 100 levels.

However, I have managed to win several fights. The primary reason seems to be the fact that my banner has around 8400 HP and the opponents banner has around 6000 HP. Now, I did not check to see how much HP my opponents’ banners had in the Diamond league, but I would guess it would be more equal to my own (8000-ish). Perhaps because I am now in Platinum, the opponents have banners with lower HP, so even though they are tougher than me by power level, I can outlast them.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@e5c4p3artist

How to add a picture in your posts on Angry Birds Nest:
    1) Go to your name/profile menu and choose “Album”.
    2) Click on the text that says “Upload picture”.
    3) Under “Select Picture to Upload *” click on the button and choose your picture.
    4) Make sure you have “Public” chosen under “Visibility” and click the button that says “Upload picture”.
    5) In the next screen you can add a description for the picture (but it is not required), and then leave the setting for “Visibility” to Public and the setting for “Picture activity and comments” to Enable (if you want people to be able to comment on your picture in your Album).
    6) Click on the button “Save”.
    7) In the next screen; copy the long link after “Embed (med)”.
    8) Paste that link in your post just the way it is and the site will transform it to the picture instead when you save the post.
    9) DONE!

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@angryjohnny

Got it. Thank you!

And here is a current screenshot from just now. Still way unbalanced power levels. But like I said, at least last night, I could win a few battles – mostly 1-star or 2-star wins, but at least they were wins! And again, it is mainly possible because my banner has 2000+ more HP than the opponent’s.

Oh, and also because of Matilda’s rage ability to refill a good chunk of my banner’s HP. I have been using Rage almost exclusively in that way, and between my banner’s higher HP and refilling it this way, I can win sometimes!

IMG_6276.PNG

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

All my opponents seem to be cg and I always win

angryde
    @angryde

@sam-spargo I am experiencing exactly the same thing…

Dahnlor
    @dahnlor

For those of us that are max level, near-max mastery, and with complete max-level sets that have been enchanted a few levels (though not to max level), getting the computer generated teams is manageable. A long time ago, they were complete pushovers, but they’ve been gradually upgraded over the years to first be higher levels (to the point where they were one level above max), then with complete equipment sets, and as of last week, now with complete banner sets.

I can still beat them 99% of the time, and it’s definitely easier than the nearly constant barrage of player teams with fully enchanted gear and optimized team compositions, but I know I’d have a rough time if I didn’t have high mastery levels and complete sets with enchantments at my disposal.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Power Levels?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.