Arena competition intensity

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena competition intensity

• I’m currently leading my league with 900 points, second is some guy at 800, third at 700. The 800 guy seems to follow me points wise pretty closely and eerily when I play, he does, makes a little run, not much tho (he’s got the right creds, all birds @ 35 vs me at 31-32…)

The pattern seems way odd, I can’t help but wonder if it’s a real opponent or a bot. It seems he’s very low on tickets, which is odd, as someone at that level should have stashed a fair amount of tickets.

Also, what’s with opponent strength the last couple days? first five days all my matches have been 8-10’s, today all have been resounding 5’s…

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • Jon S
    @jon3800

@cognitive

My competition week after week is insanity to maintain 1st. I’m playing rather aggressively this week. In the 2-3 days of the start, I was at 800 points and the 2nd and 3rd places were inches away from me. By day 4, Rovio gave the black star to those 2 individuals. Thought I can rest easily with 2nd place with 300 stars behind me. Uh-uh. He caught up now I had a player that were once 5th (Rush Silver) crank out 400 stars within 2-3 hours. Currently I’m leading with 1639 while these 2 players are in 2nd and 3rd place (Rush) with 1591 and 1574 respectively. I keep hearing of an apathy league, but I’m never in it. I have 4 birds at 38 and 3 birds at level 40, which puts me a flock power at 272.

The patterns are always odd, and I too can’t distinguish a real player from a bot. I also have low stash on tickets, since I haven’t found ways to bank tickets. I usually play the free ticket, watch the video, and wait the 3 hours. However, I need to catch up I spend the 99 gems for 3 tickets and replenish it with the gifts I receive.

Opponent strengths are random, and most do make any sense. When I face opponents with flock power WELL below mine (im talking players at @33-34 with flock powers of 230-250), they’re for some odd reason very HARD to beat and usually I average 5-7 stars on them. No idea how, and they’re scoring astronomically well in the 13+ million range, while my score increases slowly. Disappointing for birds at level 38-40 with level 23 spells. Opponents with slightly less power (260-266) I can win easily 9-10 stars. Opponents that have higher flock power than I do like 274, I can beat them rather easily and I can get 8-10 stars with these matches. When I’m evenly matched, it’s anyone’s game (5-10 stars)

cognitive
    @cognitive

Ah, the -30 strength opponents that somehow seem to earn 2M per bird on a regular basis… Our Lady of Infinite Spells be blessed here, as those opponents can be dispatched in a hurry.

13-15M is about typical for such miracle opponents, but I wasn’t born yesterday, and with careful thinking and the Lady’s help I can put up 17-20M points pretty easily.

cognitive
    @cognitive

If my guy is not a bot, he sure is persistent. I maintain a 100 point cushion. He advances by 50 points. I go back to 100. I mean, come on dude, you’re higher ranked than me and more experienced and have just as much time. Either have a Battle of the Bulge offensive or don’t waste your tickets or mine.

Now with spells back at full strength I routinely score 9-10, and he’s not quite there despite his 34-35 birds compared to my 31-32 and similar sling advantage.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Bots are always persistent since they are not humans hence never get bored.

Mike
    @mikelandau

Stupidly, how does one go about invoking the Lady of Infinite Spells?

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@mikelandau I have no idea (wink wink) what you are talking about.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Arena competition intensity

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.