Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 479 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joeyba @theuytte @daboid @sparty83 — Think we agree on all the coins, except for the ones I really can’t see. : (
    I’m starting to collect them, and would like to know if you got all of them without character swaps. If you used character swaps, which character and what level? Thanks

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@justpast40 — Forgot to include you in previous message, and thanks for the info.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy @BirdLeader @Sparty83 — I haven’t checked all of the old levels, but I don’t think there are any new coins in them. I did check all of Naboo, B2-20, which still has none, as does the similar level in Clone Wars, and all of P2, which has the lowest number of coins.
    I think that the fact that the original release did not have the promised 1000 coins can be blamed on some marketing person at Rovio. The conversation would have gone something like this:
    Marketing: How many coins are there?
    Programming: 914
    Marketing: Well, we can’t say 914, so we’ll round up to 1000.
    Too bad Marketing at Rovio doesn’t really understand the obsession of AB fans. I heard their profit declined this year. Can’t imagine why. : p

DaBoid
    @daboid

@mvnla2

In the new levels, I have used character swaps three times to collect coins:

B4-1, B4-2 and B4-5. Other than that, I am trying to get as many as I can with the original lineup. I am no where near collecting every level, so there may be future levels that will need a character swap.

I will outline my strategy, for anyone wondering.

Rule #1: Never, ever character swap until the reward level for that character has been cleared. Early on, I stupidly used my one Tusken Raider to collect ONE (1) lousy coin. That was dumb.

Hoard your characters until their reward level has been cleared.

Next, I have been systematic about collecting carbonite melts. When I get a melt, I reset my iPhone timer for another 7:59. When the timer beeps, I wait a few more seconds, then activate the melt. I make a note of the character, start the next melt, then reset the timer. Finally, I add that character to my Excel file and make a note of the number of that character I have in reserve.

I always accept the offer to watch the ad. Since I have no plans to see that movie, anyway (yuck), I don’t care about the ad. I just turn the sound off on my iPhone and look out the window for a while. Sometimes they will offer an ad melt with a few hours left, so I check occasionally through the day.

Since I don’t want to wake up in the middle of the night just to check a melt, I set it to melt when I wake up, then after lunch, then just before bed. That way I get my solid 8 hours beauty sleep.

Currently I have 345 Birds and 219 Pigs. All reward levels have been opened EXCEPT THAT DARN TUSKEN RAIDER. I’m going to wait a while before I spend 800 coins on him. I hope I won’t have to do that.

Having already made some mistakes with the coin collecting and having recorded more than a month’s worth of carbonite melts (See the Carbonite Melt thread, page 1, for a list I update every couple of days), I know which characters come often and which ones are rare. Just the fact that I have (eg) 48 TIE Fighter Pilots and 38 Jedi Lukes might indicate those are pretty easy to get.

THUS: After I’ve tried to get a coin using the original lineup and failed consistently, and can’t really see a way to get it with the original lineup, I look at what I have in abundance that is suited to nab that last stubborn coin. Anakin Ep I and his evil identical twin Biker Scout are usually good choices. I can aim precisely and there’s enough “slop” in the path of destruction to grab a coin.

I always clear the three stars with the original line-up and never use swaps. I’m a purist.

Finally, I buy a character only when it’s a screaming deal. Typically I only need one or two to complete the minimum for their reward level. Rovio usually sells characters in bundles of 10, so buying all 10 when I only need one is a waste of coinage. I watch the sales (called “offers” now) and when they offer, for example, 5 of the needed character at a price less than half of the usual price for 10 of the desired character, I give a lot of thought to taking that deal. Typically, I also get some low-value often-melted character as part of the deal.

Far more often, rather than spending coins, I’ve just been patient and have collected my needed one or two from a carbonite melt. In the days leading up to the new release, I noticed that I got a couple of rare characters, such as Leia. When I saw Leia, I began to suspect the new release was coming soon.

My overall goal is to have fun and complete the game without spending real money ($) on additional coins. I was happy to pay for the game, with real money, but do not want to spend real money to complete it.

DaBoid
    @daboid

I will add another comment.

Keeping track of Angry Birds scores, characters and coins, is a really good way to learn Excel or other spreadsheet applications. I actually make a living in Real Life with Excel, so I am a über-expert at Excel.

If you want to learn Excel, I suggest you start with Angry Birds. It’s a fun way to learn. Anyone can start. I know elementary school, middle school, high school and college students learning and working with Excel.

I have tabs set for each of the games (AB, Seasons, Rio, etc). Within each sheet, I have tables for each episode within the game, including the levels, my score, the minimum three-star score and the percentage of the three-star score I achieved. I use the SUM function to keep track of the totals, then compare to the total in the game to check my data entry.

With ABSW, I have columns to track the number of coins in the level and the number still need to clear. I have also kept a running list of the carbonite melt characters and use a COUNTIF function to return the number of times a character has appeared in the melt. Jedi Luke holds the record with 8 melts, since 4/20/2014 when I first started keeping track.

I am playing the game on my PC as well as my iPhone, so I have columns for both scores and conditional formatting to indicate which one got the higher score. I located all the .lua (etc) files in the PC and have written a Visual Basic script to automatically copy all those files to a Dropbox folder for backup. I back up the iPhone to the computer through iTunes, as usual.

I urge anyone who is thinking of learning Excel to start here with something you find fun. Next step would be to put your personal bank account in Excel and track your spending. Excel is really versatile and can be used for many applications. As I mentioned above, I make a living with it. I am a database administrator and Excel is the front end for our giant multi-dimensional database tracking (literally) hundreds of millions of dollars.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@DaBoid — Thanks for the response! Appreciate your dedication to record keeping. I’m not that dedicated or maybe organised. BTW, I’m also pretty good at Excel, just not dedicated enough to keep detailed records on AB.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@DaBoid — I can see why you used a character swap on B4-1. What a way to start! I got I coin while I was playing for 3*, but can’t figure out how to reach the other 2. Do you remember which swap you used?

@E-Star
    — Any chance you or someone else will do coin walkthroughs for the new levels?

@BirdLeader
    @AMSlimfordy @Sal9

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@DaBoid — On which levels have you collected all the coins without character swaps?

justpast40
    @justpast40

@theuytte, @joeyba, I’m 99.9999% certain my coin count just increased by 5, not 4 on P4-6. After noting I had the 4 on your lists I was flinging for my score & the coin count increased by 1 with debris.

@mvnla2
    , you & @sparty83 may also want to check this out.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

My status after first pass at trying to collect coins without swaps. I think some could be gotten with a lot more patience, but I can’t see how to do some without swaps. Would appreciate tips on all of these, even if I think I know how. Maybe there is an easier way?
    Bird Side coins remaining
    B4-1: 2 remaining out of 3; think it needs a swap?
    B4-2: 1/5 – 4 See Sal’s video
    B4-3: 1/7; coin just above arrow to right of hanging rock
    B4-5: 2/4 ; well it’s Yoda, so I might be lucky enough, but ugh!
    B4-6: 1/5; coin on upper left of hanging rock
    B4-7: 6/6;
    B4-10: 3/5; left 3 coins
    B4-12: 4/10: 4 right coins
    B4-14: 3/5; 2 coins below sling; one below right platform;
    B4-15: 3/5?; 1 below sling must need swap; 2 to right of hanging platform
    B4-16: 1/4; 1 at top right of center platform
    B4-17: 4/6; I suppose if I keep shooting, I’ll get lucky eventually
    B4-18: 7/7; can’t see how to do this without swap
    B4-S1: 3/5; 3 center coins below sling
    B4-S2: 3/3; R2D2’s power doesn’t seem to connect with coins???
    A remarkably lousy record if I do say so myself

Pork Side coins remaining:

P4-5: I could swear one disappeared and I didn’t get credit for it.
    P4-7: 3/8; Trying to get debris to fall in the cave is a pain
    P4-16: 2/3 Can’t see how to get rest without swap
    P4-17: 7/10; left of divider in cave; not getting there with given characters

@theuytte
    @Joeyba @DaBoid — Any help you can give would be appreciated. More than willing to return the favor if by remote chance you’re having more trouble than me on a level.

@AMSlimfordy
    @BirdLeader @E-Star @Sal9

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@justpast40 — Should have included you in request for help.
    Interesting about P4 -6. On my run-through for stars, after playing the first 6 levels of P4, I had one more coin than I expected; so you may be correct. Given that I’m not as diabolically organized as @DaBoid, I wasn’t positive where the count had gone astray, but I was trying to keep track of # coins after each level, so P4-6 would make sense.

Theuytte
    @theuytte

I’m very sorry @mvnla2 but I didn’t take notes about that. I know I used character swaps in several levels to collect coins. With the carbonite melt, I won a lot of character and I don’t know what I can do with them so I used it.
    But I think some levels should be very hard without character swaps.

@justpast40
    , I tried since your message to have fifth coin on level P4-6 but without succes. Are you very sure? Because my current total coins is in agreement with my list. It’s sure I collected 4 coins in P4-6. If there is a fifth, it’s well hidden.

As usual, sorry for my english (Google Translation and me aren’t perfect loll)

E-Star
    @e-star

Not sure @mvnla2 it was a lot of work and I am not sure if a lot of people were helped by them. But I am not saying no… just a maybe or a maybe on a request bases.

sparty83
    @sparty83

@justpast40,
    I am still waiting for the android version to become available. When it does, I will use the posts by others as a guide and try to keep good notes for each level.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@theuytte — Did you read my post to justpast40 right above yours? I saw something suspicious also. If there is a 5th coin I think it is not with the others.
    BTW — Your English is better than many native English speakers, so no need to apologize. What language do you speaK? I agree that Google translate is not that great. It’s amazing what it does to presumably logical writing in another language.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@theuytte, yes, I’m 99.9999999999% certain there was a 5th coin which could not be seen. I started the level with 3306 & when getting the 4 on the lists, made my ending total 3310, also making a note that 3310 would start the next level.

I then went back & played P4-6 to complete the level & while playing thought I saw a coin move up to the right (into the count) & when I looked to the coin total it was 3311. That combined with the post from @mvnla2 that after the 1st 6 levels she had 1 more than expected makes me even more sure I didn’t make a mistake. From your post I see English isn’t your 1st language & you write so well I’m very surprised you’re using translation software, so pls don’t misunderstand this response; I certainly don’t mind a member asking if I’m sure, because the older I get, the less sure I am sometimes with short-term memory things like this, which is why I have to make notes.

@sparty83
    , I hear you on awaiting Android. My phone my primary platform & I’ve been checking for the release.

mvnla2, I certainly used swaps for some coins (I bought Telepods because as a 55-yr old woman born way before PCs, I found the idea of this technology absolutely fascinating). The problem is, I made very few notes on coins’ swaps, I did however make notes on 3* swaps. I’m only thru P4-9 & don’t have all the coins so far, but will go back thru notes & post later the swaps for coins. I’ll try to remember with the next release to make coins’ notes ; -).

Even with swaps, I’m missing

4 from B4-7
    4 from B4-17
    2 from P4-7

I still have the other 1/2 of P4, so I’ll have to see how it goes.

Btw mvnla2, if you’re keeping track, by my count, the Pork Rewards Characters for 500,000 points was

~ 3 Jabba
    ~ 2 Tusken Raider

Joey
    @joeyba

Interesting indeed. I’m trying to look for that extra coin in P4-6 but nothing yet.
    Searching just started.. I’m looking to see where it’s hidden

muffincake
    @muffincake

P4-14 is really hidden. I agree with 235 coins, and I am really sure there is no fifth coin in P4-6. I shot a couple dozen rockets in all places. And the numbers add up to 235, because I counted before/after.

Also… I find it strange that some of the coins cannot (???) be reached without swaps. But maybe that is why they introduced carbonite reward?

@mvnla2
    :
    B4-1: Got all 3 without swaps
    B4-3: Got all 7 without swaps
    P4-5: Didn’t notice anything strange, got 6
    P4-17: Got all 10 without swaps

Theuytte
    @theuytte

@mvnla2 @justpast40 – Ok, I will try to find the extra coin in the first 6 levels and I will have a big concentration on P4-6.
    Normaly, I speak French (I come from near Paris). 13 years of English at school (but only 2h/week) + google translation and I can communicate with you ;).

Theuytte
    @theuytte

@mvnla2 @justpast40 @muffincake @joeyba

Yeeessss I found it :). Now I have it, I feel stupid loll. Just shot back and try to launch the missile in water. The fifth coin is out of screen (on my 3GS).
    So yes, there 5 coins at P4-6.

New totals :
    B4 = 113
    P4 = 123

Total Rise of the Clones = 236

Big total of the game = 1150.

Joey
    @joeyba

@theuytte I can’t seem to find it
    I shot back but nothing!!
    Maybe I got it before without knowing ??

Theuytte
    @theuytte

@joeyba

I found this video from AngryBirdsNest ;)

Look at 3s and 4s at the extremity left, we can see the coin shine.

Joey
    @joeyba

@theuytte @mvnla2 I’m pretty sure I counted this coin in my level (4 coins)
    Can anyone confirm the number of coins under water (is it 3 or 4)?? I’m pretty sure they were 3 and 1 under slingshot equaling 4..

Theuytte
    @theuytte

@joeyba @mvnla2 I analyzed this video and we can see the 5 coins.
    Without start the video, we can see 2 coins under the TNT at right (under the platform).
    A other one at left of the TNT.
    A other one just under the slingshot in water.
    And the fifth (for me), at the extremity left in water (shot back in water to have it).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joeyba @theuytte — I also think I counted that coin as one of the 4. May need @Sparty83 or someone who hasn’t played yet to take a screenshot.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Star Wars II Bird Coin Walkthrough Requests

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.