Achieving 3 Stars on Missions

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Achieving 3 Stars on Missions

• Anyone know the “system” for getting 3 stars from each bot, or any bot, sent on a mission?

I have level mostly 10 bots, and a couple of them between 12 – 15, and I don’t think I have *ever* gotten 3 stars. I always match the Mission Icon to the icon of the Bots sent on that mission. This seems to guarantee 2 stars from each Bot but I can’t figure out how to get 3.

@optimuspig
    , you posted pictures of this… do you know?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Matching the mission icon to the TF’s icon is the only way to get three stars as far as I know.

The only exception is Energon Optimus Prime which displays a “Lightbulb” icon, but is functionally a “Bomb” icon, but this has been confirmed as a bug.

Otherwise if you’re been matching the icons, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be getting three stars.

Anonymous

@optimuspig Actually I match the icon every time and only get 2 stars. But my bots are only lvl 10.

@avip2u
    What level are your bots? That has some influence on how many stars you get.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@partshade my Bots are all level 10 except the 4 Jenga bots, which are 12 to 15. Using even a level 15 bot (or 12 OK r 10), I still get only 2 stars per Bot. I *never* get 3 stars for a Bot.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade

Most of my TFs are L10 as well. My Arcee and Airachnid are L7s and I’m pretty sure that on the rare occasion that I used them on missions I received three stars.

My understanding is that level doesn’t determine stars, but a combination of level and stars affects the total success you achieve on the mission.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@avip2u

Something seems very wrong.

I wonder if @rumblebee or @gradientturtle7 would have any insight into this?

Anonymous

@optimuspig @avip2u I don’t know what to say then. This doesn’t make any sense at all. I just know I’ve never gotten 3 stars in my life on any of the bots even though I always match the symbol.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade sounds to me like it’s time for yet another bug report to Rovio.

Anonymous

@optimuspig Nothing new there :D.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

@partshade @optimuspig …curious if it correlates to OS. I play on Android. Maybe iOS/Apple “works” but a glitch with Missions is on Android ?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m an iOS player.

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

A question? How many hours are the missions only getting 2 stars per bot???

All my bots are levels 7, 8 or 9. I pretty consistently get 3 starts each bot. I usually opt for the 1, 4 or 7 hour missions during the day. Before going to bed, I load the mission portals up with 12 hour missions. I never do the 24 hour ones. (iOS)

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

I have done missions of all durations: 4, 7, 12, and 24. I always get 2 stars (with matched icons) and never 3 stars. My Bots are all at least 10 but I have a couple that are 12 and one 15. Even that one gets only 2 stars. (ANDROID)

legnets123
    @legnets123

I play on my iPad and on my Android phone. On my phone I constantly get 2*, while on the iPad I regularly get 3*.

I’m thinking it depends upon the OS.

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

Would like more feedback from various users of each OS. Then one of us can email the glitch (if confirmed) to ROVIO.

They can add it to the list of dozens of other glitches.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I am on iOS. My TFs are mostly 10s with some 11s. I regularly get three stars from each bot on a mission. On hard missions, with a three bot combo of level 11s, I usually miss out on the fifth key, even after watching the video. I save the level 10 bots for the easy missions, where three level 10s, or some two level 10s and one level 11 all,three star and all five keys. So, the OS theory may hold?

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@avip2u

I have never scored 3 stars on any mission. I chalked it up to only having L7 and L8 TFs—but even using Arcee and Airachnid (L10 and L13), I have only ever gotten 2 stars. I’m on Android, S5. I always match up my TFs to the symbol and I’ve played missions from varying durations.

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

Another Android user here. Galaxy S5.

Also only getting two stars on missions, even with my level 10-11 TFs.

Anonymous

I’m Android. I have a Galaxy S4. Still only 2 stars. Might be an Android thing.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

From the responses received so far it sure does look like this two-stars bug is isolated to Android users, doesn’t it?

marioandsonic
    @marioandsonic

So Android users with Lollipop now have TWO issues to deal with.

Fun, fun, fun!

aVIP2u
    @avip2u

Even though I’m on Android (Galaxy S5) and akways only get 2 stars per Bot, I am now wondering if KEYS are OK.

My experiences are all with 2×3=6 STARS, predominantly level 10 Bots, and I almost always get this many KEYS:

Easy Missions, 5 keys without video
    Medium Missions, 5 keys with video
    Hard Missions, 4 keys with video

Again, it varies from the above on occasion, but not much, implying there is some degree of randomness (or another as yet unknown variable).

Based on reading this and other threads, it seems like that is about what iOS users get with 3×3 STARS.

Comments?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@avip2u

I’m playing on iOS.

On Easy missions, 2 x *** + video sometimes gets me four keys, sometimes five.

On Medium missions, 2 x *** + video usually gets me four keys.

On Hard missions 3 x *** + video sometimes gets me three keys, sometimes four.

Most of my TFs are L10 or L11.

Anonymous

@marioandsonic Yup. Constant freezing, 2 stars no matter what and the insanely hard levels is horrible. Even with all this I’m still doing about 2 nodes a day. Yeah I’m ruthless :D. The freezing problem will happen a lot less often though if you don’t call in your buddy at all. Yes no buddy with all the Shotgun Pigs is very hard but I’m managing 2 nodes a day. Mostly because of bots being on missions.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Achieving 3 Stars on Missions

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.