About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • kedik22
    @kedik22

@angrynerds2

Hi.
    I have faced most if not all of your opponents.
    And not only once, but several times.
    And a huge amount of very similar players.

I guess this forum´s players huge minority is randomly paired against these type of players with all spells!

I wonder hoy many times a fat score from this type of profile is used against normal players?

@hank
    is there a possibility that Rovio can show this statistic before the battle?

Regards.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hello!

@kedik22

There’s a set number of videos that can be seen per hour (and to a certain extent per day), so it’s not a bug, just unfortunate you got it at an important moment.

To your other matchmaking question I don’t have a perfect answer. The matchmaking service we are using is not made internally and we don’t know exactly how the opponents gets picked from the database of hundreds of thousands of runs. We see this as a big issue and we’ve already booked a meeting for tomorrow with the team who’ve built it so we can get a better understanding of their system. If there is a problem we will be sure to fix it as soon as possible.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I might be in the huge minority on this topic but I think there might be a problem with matchmaking. Just maybe. A wee wee little one. Hundreds of thousands of runs… And yet I kept drawing the same playas The day I quit the Arena I drew 5 opponents in a row on round (1) of the win streak who were 7 star rank, level 10 birds, and 5 spells.

Best of luck putting this baby back together. It needs it.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@angrynerds2 One of those in your screenshot is my game which I was resorted to pull in all my spells (for round 7 of the streak) in order to stand a chance of winning. Interesting to see that my other games aren’t coming up (aka the ones where I never used any spells or the ones where I bailed out because I was getting wiped by a cheater).

And I’ve also played (and was wiped by) Fury Star, Jet Sparrow, Blast McFly, Nifty BaconBuster et al on my Arena journeys as well…

Oh and for the record, I just played an arena match (which I’ve played hundreds of times before)… Round #3 by coincidence… and the first screen took 7 of my birds due to gameplay manipulation strange things happening (eg indestructible micropigs, birds bouncing straight up in the air off the trampoline when I shot it on an angle, birds smashing into towers and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, pigs bouncing around and surviving blasts and impacts).

Something else was obviously tweaked from yesterday night to this morning because the game is behaving extremely strangely… had to watch the video, surprise surprise… ended up paying 60 gems to continue… you win Rovio. >:-(

Oh and I’m already facing opponents with their entire flock at Elder Gold already >:-(

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I’m sure you were in a huge minority who got the brakes beat off of them by Fury Star. I happened to be in that huge minority that was beat by them as well. That’s (3) of us in the Nest who just happened by pure coincidence to play the same character out of “hundreds of thousands”. I refuse to believe the game was manipulated Larry. ???? Say it ain’t so!!!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

WTAF. I just played this ‘Ben’ character in the arena.

View post on imgur.com

Funny thing is, he almost beat me (I took spells in with me also). How does a peson with such low rankings get such a high score? CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT…

Or Rovio’s so-called Arena ‘matches’ aren’t all that they seem… I noticed his score changing even when he was out of birds…

View post on imgur.com

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Ben is in the huge minority.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi, and thanks for taking the time getting back to us.

If what you say is true (set number of videos per hour/day) it certainly does NOT apply to what I experienced.
    I didn´t get video on sixth battle in the streak, payed gems and won; played the seventh battle immediately and DID get the video!!!
    Don´t tell me that my time ran out unfortunately on the hour between battles six and seven? Sorry don´t buy that.
    Had another seven battle run after the three hour free ticket span, and did not have a problem.

And about mismatching, it is just impossible for this huge minority to face fat scores with all spells from the same players, out of millions of other players/possibilities!!!

It seems, feels and is NOT random!
    And if it is not random, then is rigged!!!

Please let us know what came out of that meeting.

Kind regards.

heybert17
    @heybert17

They managed to get 60 gems from me. I actually made it to a 6 streak and lost by only 3000 points, so they got the gems, I wasn’t going to lose the streak by 3000 points. My opponent outmatched me, 2 7 birds, I have only 5s and 6s but I still made it a good fight. And I won the 7 streak, even though my opponent had all 6s and 7s, maybe they tweaked it again. I was outmatched in the last 3 rounds but except for using the gems because I was down by just a little, I was able to use my skill to make it through the battle.

Now next time I play I will probably be ridiculously outmatched in the 3rd round a again. They probably just through me a bone since I don’t even usually bother trying to go beyond the 2nd battle any more.

Anonymous

@angrynerds2 The fact that all of those opponents came on the 3rd streak level is suspicious as heck…

@djlarryt
    I’m pretty sure that even a cheater can’t change their score after they run out of birds, thinking that the battle ends for them anyway. There’s only one other conclusion for this: A fake score.

A quote from @hank:
    “The scores shown are from real playthroughs and not something we would make up.”

The evidence is beginning to state otherwise…

David Martin
    @david-martin

I can’t even see the logic in the difficulty supposedly ramping up over subsequent matches any more. I’m regularly getting five-spell opponents in the first match of a streak. It’s ridiculous.

I’m thinking all it takes is for a few legit players to have had all five spells on an arena run, then those runs keep getting chosen as our opponents over and over again.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@david-martin

Hi.
    I totally agree with you.
    Therefore, your opponents are not chosen as close to your level as possible and certainly not in a random algorithm.
    That is why the game is rigged.
    Regards.

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’m not sure if it’s rigged or just poor programming, because if I manage to survive the brutal deathmatch, I may find an opponent farther up the ladder who is actually comparable to me bird-wise and has no spells, or just one or two, and I consider that a fair fight. The opponents that should be easier to beat are showing up later on, and I figure if the game was rigged, they wouldn’t show up at all.

angrynerds2
    @angrynerds2

@all: There indeed are millions of players all over the world and we (international users) meet the same clowns in the arena.. really strange!

@djlarryt
    : Oh shit. By using five spells you have been qualified as opponent for all :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    Clear cheat, the bird arena doesn’t even unlock before you reach star rank 5, and you don’t have Terence at that point of the game either (possibly not even Mathilda).

@all
    That’s what I’ve been proposing the entire time but nobody reads my posts apparently!!!
    I said weeks ago that arena scores are probably based on what you got earlier, and if you used spells that means a higher score which will match you against an opponent like this the next time you play the same battle level. I usually try to NOT use spells, and if scores get too high and I lose then I’ll get a weaker opponent the next time the same level comes up. It makes sense because I’m playing just fine going by that!

Rhys4AUFC
    @rhys4aufc

Absolutely annoyed right now, I’ve played (& sadly & wrongly lost) 6 consecutive arena battles, I bet this is a sign of the game telling me ‘I hate you, I can cheat in front of your face whenever I want’. Stupid game!!!

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@smwforever45 True, but as I mentioned above, this was what I had to do to even match up with another player at a level 7 match. So in summary:

– saved cheater games are still in circulation
    – players use spells once in battle then lose them, but the spell usage history in saved games gets used against other players infinitely… (wow, that’s fun…NOT)
    – the only games that get re-used for Arena matches are high-scoring games because once you score high to beat a player, the next match you encounter is based on that high score… so eventually you will get to a level where it will be impossible to do anything
    – there are millions of players in this game from all over the world, and week after week I am constantly in leagues with the SAME players, SAME cutesy names and SAME ridiculously high scores
    – round #3 in the Arena is where Rovio divides the payers and the non-payers
    – Going in strong against a Level 7 match can be used against a Level 1 entry game match… (again, fun…. NOT)
    – game difficulty mysteriously changes the higher your score goes or the further into a winning streak you get
    – rules are changing daily, structure strengths change daily, bird damage changes daily, scoring changes daily, game physics change daily, and updates are pushed regardless of if you accept them or not
    – opportunities to get feathers is increased but bird levels keep going up anyway (what’s going to happen when the next level up is at 10,000 feathers? Who’s going to keep paying to compete with those that can just hack gems and buy their way up?)
    – I’m STILL playing matches where my opponent has played their last bird, there are no more cards showing, and their score mysteriously climbs as I continue to play my remaining bird cards
    – it is RIGGED no matter how much Rovio denies doing this.

I think it’s time for me to pack in the towel on this ‘game’. A year after release and it STILL isn’t close to being working properly.

kelshe
    @kelshe

All my game progress was lost last week and was restored earlier today. Now playing in the Arena, I’m the only one in my league. So I’m playing against myself to stay on top of the leader board. And I’m losing. ?

randallg
    @randallg

This has happened to me numerous times. It usually is later on in the streak however, most first and second round matches are somewhat equal. But especially on the last game of the streak, I usually face 8-10’s with 3 to 5 spells. I have 6 7’s and 1 6.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Arena play is actually quite unfair – why i always get opponent with level 10 birds and all five spells if i only have 2x level 8 and 5x level 9 birds?

hamvestor
    @james-simon

Anyone having problems connecting to the arena now?

3star-jeff
    @3star-jeff

I can’t connect either.

kedik22
    @kedik22

@hank

Hi, hope you are having a good weekend.

Here is my story of Arena playing last week.
    Struggled between tenth and twelfth place all week.
    Finally today I decided to put some distance between 13th place and myself.
    I really was afraid of being demoted.
    Tournament ended, and I came in second!!!

@hank
    , what is the point of having me go through not hell, when the top ten players of the tournament are cheaters and have therefore been disqualified?
    I do NOT understand Rovio.

Hi @wrw01, you came in third right?

Anonymous

Unbelievable how the winning streak system works. As you get into the higher streaks, you get harder opponents. Why??? Shouldn’t I ALWAYS be playing matches against people that are at my bird level so it’s balanced?

Just today I played a match to get up to win 3, then here comes this guy with mostly level 7 birds (Some 8’s) and 2 spells. While I only have level 6 birds. Answer me this: How the heck am I supposed to legitimately beat that guy without paying gems or spells? I can’t. No matter how much skill I have, that guys score advantage will make me lose unless I spend some gems…

Is this considered a good system? You know, for Rovio AND the players sake?

kedik22
    @kedik22

@partshade

Exactly, you should always face randomly selected players close to your skill level!

If you meet harder opponents as you progress in the streak, it means they are not random.
    If they are not random, then that means the game is rigged.
    And if it is rigged, well that´s cheating.

So for Rovio´s sake, yes it´s a great system!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 826 through 850 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.