About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 3,417 total)
  • Replies
  • Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

20 new levels has been added in just now (461 to 480). This time I am seeing floater pigs. Have yet to see an scuba pig.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@dragonofheart73

Floaters in the levels, sure, but I doubt we will see them in the Arena… The Arena has been rid of floaters, teleporters, and golden pigs.

I need to go start those new levels now! Maybe I will use up some of my umpteen Blizzards…

Thanks,
    sutekh137

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

Floater pig wasn’t a big problem. But the new levels brought back the balloon. Magician and umbrella pigs..

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mouldingo

Tell me about it — this new 20 is harder than the first 20 in this realm, for sure.

I saw your initial response (you must have edited it?) about 463. I must have gotten lucky because I don’t remember that taking me more than twice to get through (probably drew into an ME). I assume you got through it as well since your original post is no longer here.

469 is very difficult as well. Spaced out structures where the shooter-flowers don’t help a great deal, lots of stone, and some of the farthest structures are REALLY far away. I used at least a dozen lives on that level, several of those while bringing Duck, Blizzard, and Chili to the fight (Blizzard was useless, as expected — just trying to get rid of some of them…).

I also had the scenario in that level where I hit a pig in the head, three times, before he died. Whapped him with Red, then drilled him with Chuck, and he honestly just stayed alive like he was made of rock. Finally wiped the glass he was on with Silver, but cripes, what a joke.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Thx1136
    @thx1136

I just created an account here to express my frustration with the “arena status quo”.

I mean, I know there is exploits and cheaters…and…
    But for instance in my “weekly room” I was, up to 6 hours ago comfy in the second spot (50 stars behind the first one, 30 ahead of the third one…).
    Now someone “out of the blue” appeared with almost 100 stars ahead of anyone else.

Put this with the “game setup” in wich most of time you have to resort to watch some ad. Video (because at the very last room, that “phantom adversarie of yours” gained some 3,4,5 extra cards and all the sundenly it is 100-300k ahead of you), so you have the choice of loosing it or loosing time watching a video…

so, if the intention of rovio with that setup is to assure that people would just go away, well, let me say it straight: you are right on spot.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

The whole game stinks.

I’ve just been hit again, with an arena opponent pulling three cards out of his ass when greyed out. Watched video and got blues again.

That’s 7 videos I’ve watched and 6 blues received. What’s the odds of that happening?

I’ve had opponents play the blizzard card and do serious damage.

Then you have level 6 players with level 8 birds playing 5 spell cards, which when asked about this, Rovio have said nothing to confirm they are authentic.

Then you also have players two/three birds short of a full deck. Again Rovio will not comment on these either.

Then you have Rovio removing red boxes to stop players farming.

Then you have Rovio playing god with players accounts and giving them gifts every half hour. Which is really good for those players who are lucky enough to benefit.

But let’s play the conspiracy bird card here……If Rovio can tweek accounts to receive many bonuses, then they can also adjust accounts to receive less. Think about it, they can cripple the game for a player. Level up, here’s 3 gems, buy a treasure chest, here’s a blizzard. Opponent in the arena greyed out, give them five extra cards. You are behind and watch a video, here’s a blue card. Maybe that’s a stupid way to think but….

This game now reminds me of Mafia Wars with all the reasons I quit, and that’s after spending more money every month, than I’ve ever spent on AB2 since day one. Hacked accounts, cheats, bugs, questions ignored by those who run the game, spending money the only way to win, frustrated players, poor and badly thought out ideas implemented. You are killing a great game Rovio.

Just look at the players comments on here, look at how many people register just to complain.

Like I said, the game stinks.

PBA2014
    @pba2014

I deleted my app today after 3 days worth of frustration in the arena.

Here was my experience today:

first time in the arena I had double the score of my opponent when the app went dark. My battery was full power and wifi was working. The app re-started but no credit for the arena and no free entry.

I watched the video to gain free entry. But the video that popped up was the one that always freezes the game on the app. So again no credit, but now I have lost the ability to play the arena for free.

Much later in the day I played again. Leading by 400,000 points on the last bird with a gray opponent, who magically gets three bomb birds in a row to take a lead of 10,000 points. I play the video to get a free bird, and again the video freezes the app.

Re-started the app and tried to play a video for free entry into the arena. Again the video froze the app.

I could in theory email Rovio. But I frankly don’t care that much. So I deleted the app. It was a little bit fun but mostly just frustrating. I got very tired of watching commercials.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I’ve seen that card glitch that others have been complaining about. You’re way ahead, your opponent is grayed out and suddenly he gets a bunch of cards and defeats you. I’ve also had the same thing happen, but was far enough ahead that I won anyway. If he’s grayed out already, then why is he getting a bunch of extra cards? I find this affects my bird selection as well. I think I’m ahead, so I will pick “weaker” birds that will still clear the level, saving others in case I get tough towers. I’m not far enough along with the destruction meter to get another bird.

ger_ych
    @mouldingo

@sutekh137

Yep, got through the 20 new levels. There are fewer 6 room levels (which I guess is a good thing), but even the 5 rooms were hard. Got a good set of birds left for level 480…

2016-02-27 19.01.03.png

I hope Rovio will stop releasing new levels every 2 weeks. It may burn out the veterans and may discourage newer players.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler
    Are you and the programmers, designers and folks at Rovio reading these post? These are serious flaws in the game and need to be addressed ASAP.

At the very least acknowledge these flingers concerns and gives us hope they will be fixed.

We are end users and play this game because we love it. You and all the others get paid to do your jobs and do not have the same passion for this game and the other AB games as the end users. You can say you do but Remember we do this for free and some of the end users even spend their hard earned money to advance through the game. It is very sad that hackers and cheats are allowed in the game and can even play after they are recognized and found.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@wrw01 I’m reading almost everything that is written here. I don’t reply on everything though. Sometimes because it has already been addressed elsewhere, or that I simply don’t have a good answer to the question/statement/opinion. I’m a gameplay programmer (not a community rep), so I read and write here every now and then when I got time, and I forward the major stuff to the people that need to hear it.

Regarding bugs, it’s crystal clear that it’s our duty to make the game work as intended. And of course we need to put more effort in taking care of cheaters. When it comes to opinions on design issues such as balance, costs etc it’s more complicated. There are a lot of things to consider at all times. However, I continue to remind the ones in charge of these fields about the core players’ opinions and sometimes show them specific threads on this page.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@bankler

Thank you for your time, attention, and diligence. Much appreciated!

Any chance you told the “ones in charge” about getting rid of Blizzard? *smile*

Thanks,
    sutekh137

wrw01
    @wrw01

@bankler
    Thank you for responding and providing an honest answer. Greatly appreciated. At this end of the game it is very discouraging and demotivating when hackers and cheats are allowed to continue to play. The honest players do not stand a chance of success in the arena or regular play.
    I will assume there is a bit of fear at Rovio about the hackers because if they compromised the game’s integrity once the smart ones can do it again and the real smart ones probably can crash the game. Not saying that is fact but just an assumption based on Rovio’s lack of banning them forever.

To you, Thanks again for your assistance and end user support.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bankler — Thanks for the reply. You clearly have taken on a difficult job. Maybe one or all of the people in charge of costs and balancing should be reading these forums directly. I think the totality of the discouragement among AB players cannot be conveyed by a few selected posts, or quotes.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

@bankler

MVNLA2, I agree with your sentiment, but I am not sure I would consider the posts here as “total” discouragement. We aren’t even close to the whole user-base (of which there are MILLIONS of people) — we are a vocal minority. Heck, we probably aren’t even a good statistical sampling for the casual gamer because we are largely grinders and completionists. Rovio can probably tell by the number of downloads, ad impressions, and in-game purchases as to whether or not their user base is feeling discouraged, and my guess is that a ton of people are enjoying the game and spending tons of cash on it as we speak…

Would our ideas make the game more appealing to the masses? I’d like to think so (especially eliminating cheaters and hacks). But, as bankler says, that is the whole balancing act he and the various Rovio teams need to consider. Just because several hard-core gamers have gotten used to grinding Level 9 for hours to get red gifts doesn’t mean the average player even knows what that means.

Also, bear in mind that most forums reek of discouragement simply because that’s why people come online — to complain and share ideas on fixing things. Rarely is a forum full of only “I love this game! Don’t change a thing!” posts. *smile* This is why Rovio probably takes concerns here with a whole block of salt. Right or not, they are playing to the numbers.

Not trying to be an apologist for Rovio (because Blizzard MUST be destroyed!), just illustrating the reality of the forums — and Rovio’s response to them — as I see it.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

Thank you @sutekh137. You are really spot-on. However, even if you (i.e the core fans) unfortunately are not always the top priority, you are not forgotten. For me personally, it’s really rewarding to see you guys happy about some good change or fix we did, when it happens. Also, despite the “vocal minority” fact, at least in some cases (but not always) I think your opinions can be representative to what other people think as well. So again, personally, I really do appreciate clear, realistic and to-the-point feedback, even if I don’t reply to everything.

Gary S McD
    @garysmcdermott

For the second time since I started playing Angry Birds 2 I had an entire level of immortal pigs

It started as a simple platform with fans and even a couple boxes of tnt on the tower. I use a silver bird to shatter the platform, expecting the boxes of tnt to explode and kill all the birds… Lo and behold the birds and tnt just float about in the fans breeze, occasionally bouncing off of each other and a building above the fan and back.

Eventually one of the tnt boxes explodes, leaving a tnt box behind. The silver bird gets caught up under the building with a pig and gives me a few ‘Headshot’s until the silver bird falls between the platform and a fan leaving three pigs to sit about and laugh at me

Ah Angry Birds 2 Arena, why do I keep playing you?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@bankler — A new one for me today. I lost in the arena without getting to watch an ad for an extra bird. To add insult to injury, there was no ad available for a second entry to the arena.

JezzaH99
    @jeremyharrod

I think they have stopped the adverts for getting a free go in the arena. So you can now only play half the free games you could. Mmmm I wonder why. £££££££££££

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 Sometimes I get the ad for an extra bird at the end, sometimes not. Also sometimes I get the video for an additional entry to the arena, sometimes not. Seems to have changed at the same time as the Starburst logo started coming up on game start up. As long as I can get my daily gems for 10 stars, 30 pigs, and playing the arena, it really does not bother me either way.

AndalayBay
    @andalaybay

I have had some plays where I don’t get the video, but they haven’t ended for me completely yet.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Interesting match a few moments ago. Match appeared to have ended and my opponent was greyed out and didn’t draw any more cards. I had thought I won the match by 600,000 pts but I was in for a surprise when the screen changed. My opponent somehow didn’t draw any cards and ended up with an additional 1.2 million and beat the brakes off of me by over a million. I knew the Diamond league would be tough but WOW!! In unrelated news I’m drawing an opponent with 5 spell cards a little over 85% of the time. Sure I can back out but cherry picking my opponents is a form of cheating itself- at least that’s the way I see it. I won the Diamond a few weeks in a row and I think Rovio is making sure it doesn’t happen again (lol). I love a good challenge but I can’t compete with opponents who regularly score over 7 million. My career round is 6.7 million- and I got smoked.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dwhite40704 — If you have any screenshots, send them to Rovio support.

@bankler
    — This appears to be a new form of cheating.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

I love this game but there are some crazy stuff that happens.

Guttermouth
    @guttermouth

A couple things:

When it comes to entering the arena after the free entry, then the “watch a video for a free entry,” can’t everyone purchase unlimited entries for 12 jewels? Sometimes I don’t mind spending a dollar or two to keep playing for awhile. It’s not exactly competitive, but it’s an option. I don’t care about being in diamond league, I just enjoy the one on one competition.

But that leads me to my next thought. I’m almost certain that I’m not playing a real human in the arena. For example, I’ve played in the arena over 100 times, and I’ve never finished before my opponent. Never. Am I that slow, and is my opponent waiting around for me to finish to see who wins? It doesn’t seem practical.

I’m suggesting here that in the arena your opponent has already played, whether it was 5 minutes ago or 5 days ago. Rovio sets you up against a “real opponent,” just not in real time. That’s why my opponent finishes the match before I do every single time.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum About the Angry Birds 2 Arena

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 3,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.