AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 346 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

The Magician Pig is the biggest bird-waster in the game, even when he behaves according to expected parameters. After all this time, it isn’t 100% clear to me under what circumstances he will teleport, or where the possible locations are that he can teleport to. The rule seems to be that he’ll teleport the first time a bird comes near him, then if you fire another one at him quickly he’ll stay put, but I’ve seen a few exceptions to this rule. Most frustrating is when he’s by himself and I fire a bird past him to hit some other structure, he doesn’t move, then I fire the second bird at him and he moves. Murphy’s Law in action again, I suppose.

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@david-martin Terrance being useless because he landed on the magician pig and didn’t pop him…

View post on imgur.com

David Martin
    @david-martin

@djlarryt – Wow. That is some Grade A, organic, fair trade, free-range, farm-to-table bull****.

AngryBroaf
    @shoemacher

Today I encountered a fun little glitch in the DC. I cleared all the pigs in a room, but the game would not advance. There isn’t a pig in sight. No pig making noises either, so I would at least know to look for one. Flung a few other birds, destroyed more of the tiny bits of structure left, to no avail. Finally just force quit out of the application. Happy to post screen shots (if someone can tell me how). @bankler There’s also the matter of tiny balloons camouflaged in the sky so my birds run smack into them without my knowing they’re there unless I look closer with a magnifying glass. Why would you color the balloons the same color as the background unless you were hoping people would unwittingly lose lives on them? Shady.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I have encountered the same thing a couple of times, Broaf. It is one of those immortal (in this case, literally) micro-pigs that gets knocked just off screen and/or is hidden by some of the graphics in the foreground. I have found that if I pull the sling back and move it around I can get the preview of it, but that doesn’t give me much to go on. I have never managed to clear the level when that has happened. Maybe an ME would do the trick but I didn’t have one handy on those occasions to find out.

David Martin
    @david-martin

That whole scenario with the pig being hidden behind something, or still alive just offscreen, violates common sense in so many ways. If your cool faux-3D graphics are getting in the way of actual gameplay, then you need to scale back the cool graphics, not punish the player.

Chili sure is a godsend in such a situation, though.

While we’re on the topic of graphical elements that distract from the gameplay: What’s with the random black thing zipping around in the background of the Pigsyland challenges? I keep thinking there’s a fly in the room and wanting to swat it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Came in first in the Gold league and ranked up to Azure…
    I look at the opponents and it says they’re all in Diamond? How can that be?
    Also I noticed one of them has 20 gold medals even though I doubt the Arena as we know it has been existing for more than 20 weeks… has it?

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@smwforever45 – The medals bug has been discussed on here previously with full explanation of how it occurrs, it has also been fixed.

I got 13 bronze medals one week. :)

David Martin
    @david-martin

Another Daily Challenge glitch today. This thing is buggy as all Hades.

Yesterday I made my first attempt at the DC around 7 PM. It was a water-themed challenge. I realized I was failing it a few rooms into the third level, so I quit out of the app and did some other things for most of the evening. I didn’t get back to it until well after midnight when I couldn’t sleep. The counter showed that I had less than an hour to go on that day’s challenge (now technically “yesterday”, but I don’t know at what point the clock rolls over), so I gave it another try… and suddenly I was in the third level of a Gravity Grove challenge. Even though the clock was still counting the time I had to finish yesterday’s challenge, it was actually showing me today’s.

Not that it matters much because both were nigh impossible for me to complete. But still, that’s a rather glaring bug.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Wrong topic, I just noticed – someone delete this post please?

@admins

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t think Rocvio changed time with Daylight Savings Time, David. Arena used to end at 6PM then moved to 7PM after the time change. DC is probably the same.

I never got to the boss today. There was a structure in the middle of the boss level that I just couldn’t deal with. Even when I did clear that thing it took every bird I had. But I didn’t burn any gems, so there is that.

David Martin
    @david-martin

OK, but why, if I my 8-hour timer started just after 7 PM (Pacific Time, not sure if that matters), did it switch to a new challenge after 2 AM when the game told me I still had an hour to go on the same timer?

I just loaded up the game now for the first time since late last night, and it’s Blue’s Brawl instead of Red’s Rumble, but it’s the same Gravity Grove challenge I saw in the wee hours of the morning.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Well, David, it is AB2 we are talking about, so … :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Very minor bug and merely a graphical annoyance…
    Sometimes, when I battle opponents in the Arena and their Red character is shown to have a crown on the preview, they may not have the crown on Red anymore in the actual game – and vice versa, Red may have a crown when he wasn’t shown to have one on the preview.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Here’s a glitch that may actually end up costing me in the real world.

AB2 always wants to show me ads. It’s common in a lot of “free” games nowadays, so I’m used to it. The problem is that I don’t want the constant views of these ads eating into my monthly allotment of cellular data, so I want to play the game in “offline mode” whenever I’m not on wifi. I’ve gone into my iPhone’s settings and turned off cellular data for several apps including AB2. This works… for a certain period of time. I can play when I’m out and about and not see ads (or get the offers to view an ad for an extra bird). Then suddenly I’ll start seeing them one day, and notice that AB2 has taken up several megs’ worth of cellular data. If I go back into my Cellular Data settings, and flip the switch for AB2 to on and then off again, and go back into the app, I’ll get a warning that I’ve turned cellular data off for AB2. That’s what I want. So why doesn’t it stick? Is this a bug in the app, is it Apple’s problem, or is it my cell provider’s?

Thus far I haven’t seen the same issue with other apps for which I’ve disabled cellular data. If I tell them to stay offline when I’m not on wifi, they obey. End of story.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I haven’t really been thinking about the ads anymore. Ever since I purchased the Early Bird pack I’m not getting them at all anymore. Only when I want to watch them for an extra go in the Arena, or an extra go in a level, or an extra life, or a free second chest :)

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

There’s a Bug with the New Update.
    I Noticed if I watch the video for a free Battle in the Arena , I don’t get Credit for it.
    It’s happened to me twice.

David Martin
    @david-martin

The bug I usually get with the ads are the ones that display in their own self-contained web browser. It’ll give me the chance to view the ad, which means the game knows I have an Internet connection, then the in-game browser will pop up a message saying something like, “Sorry! You need an Internet connection to view this content”, then when I click OK I’m kicked out of the ad and don’t get the extra bird/Arena entry. With any other type of ad, if there’s a problem with my Internet connection, the game will let me know by showing the Matilda popup that says “Check your Internet connection” before trying to show the ad. It’s just this one particular provider that can’t seem to get it right.

Heinousk
    @heinousk

I can’t even play the game now after the update. Every time I try to play either a new level or the arena the game crashes on me. I have only been able to get the first new level to open once and as soon as my first bird hit, the game crashed. I haven’t even been able to get the arena to open properly. It tried to one time but then I lost the ticket and am still waiting for my next ticket to be available.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

@tinostar11 – same thing happens to me, watch video and don’t get the extra go.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’ve finally advanced enough to encounter Chemist Pigs in regular levels.
    What’s weird is, when you pop one they convert EVERY SINGLE block to either ice, wood or stone… EXCEPT for the big solid wooden boxes.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Getting bounced around diamond leagues. Logged in three times in a row for 15 minute boxes and find myself in three different tables.

How about some continuity Rovio?

David Martin
    @david-martin

Last week I was in 13th place for days, in danger of getting demoted, then suddenly on Friday I jumped to #2. I guess I can’t complain, but it still seems like an obvious glitch.

RavenClaws
    @ravenclaws

Hello. My AB2 app is stuck on the loading page again. I have it on a Samsung Galaxy S4 with android of course. It just started doing this on Wednesday. There was no recent update as of late. My friend downloaded it and it worked. So why is mine not working? Please help. Somebody.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

RavenClaws,

Sometimes I have had to remove my battery and then put it back in when the game gets completely stuck. I also have an android. If that doesn’t help I don’t know what to tell you.

Regards,
    Saphira

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB 2 Glitches and Bugs

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.