The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3104
  • 159668 Comments
  • Thanks everyone! Yes we had some nice fizz to celebrate!
    It’s beastly hot here, going to lie in a cool bath now!
  • Happy Birthday Annie, congratulations
  • Who said buying a Victorian Terraced House with sixteen inch brick walls was a good idea?
    It’s like sleeping a Tandoori Oven in this heat…
  • BP was closed down just to get ready for the big occasion. That makes you a war child @tompuss. Not that is something to celebrate.
  • Not so hot in Bangor, North Wales, thank goodness.
  • You have experience of sleeping in Tandoori ovens @hunnybunny? I can't match that but after a particularly memorable night out (none of which I could remember) I woke up the next morning inside a cricket scoreboard.
  • Good to hear from you @tompuss. In fact it's good to hear from anyone. Did you find out what the issue was @ixan57?
  • Just heard that Jock McHat the John O' Groats manager has just resigned after a heavy defeat to Lands End. He said that he'd taken the club as far as he could.

Normal service has been resumed.
  • @brianN that’s the most unfunny joke
    On strange places: me at the Arms Park, about eleven, it’s dark, I’m wearing a fur coat…
  • A coat of Arms?
  • My mum used to have a saying about women who were all fur coat and no knickers. No idea what she meant. In fact she had a host of sayings none of kids could work out. Assuming they weren't made up I reckon she could keep Countdown 's Suzy Dentertained for hours.
  • Couldn't wangle a whole afternoon off today but did a rain dance last night. Showers expected at 3.00 so will see the denouement of today's grinding climb up to Huez.
    Huez going to come out on top? (ah 2 for the price of one). Must admit I shall be watching with just a hint of sadistic pleasure after what they went through yesterday.
    First signs of Pedal car looking compromised. Bad day at the office or signs of a deeper fatigue? Suspect we'll find out today.

Oh and don't worry I know you're gagging for a seasons update. Patience my friends.
  • Not much decided regarding GC but what a ride from Pidcock. Good day for the Brits. Nice to see Froome back in the action.
  • So since you're asking, all levels 3*,all remaining coins collected(8037).Reckon if I used them immediately to skip wait it would provide less than half of birdwear. Think I need to use them more prudently. Birdwear update forthcoming.
  • Ah @BrianN you also watch the Tour
  • And me when I can. Impressed most by Froomy, actually. Didn't see that coming. But yer man Garaint ain't out of it @hunnybunny.
  • @TomPuss. That was a really fun video!
  • It sure was @tompuss. Thanks for that.
  • Can't help but wonder what Chris Froome might have achieved in terms of Grand Tours but for that sickening high speed crash he suffered. To go over Alp d'Huez in 3rd was awesome after all he's been through.
  • Yeah, I've got the book but not the spelling.
  • Watching the T20 final
    We have a bet on for who pays for lunch tomorrow (it’s a very expensive restaurant)
    Think I’m getting out the credit card…
  • Luckily Hampshire won
    So now I only have to pay for pre- and post-lunch drinks, in a very cheap pub!
  • Expensive restaurant in Penarth. Must be £15 for 3 courses?
  • When did Glamorgan last win anything? Or Derbyshire for that matter?
  • Oh dear, 40 degrees tomorrow. 37 was unbearably hot so I well just melt and never be seen again.
  • Hope everyone can stay cool in the heat!
  • I'm so cool it's unreal. Hottest temperature in Scotland set in Coldingham. We do irony quite well up here.

Is it ok if I punch the next customer who says "Lovely weather for your job."

Can't remember Glamorgan winning anything. I know Derbyshire got a tonking in the VB T20 QF but at least you made it that far. Durham stunk the group out.
  • Birdwear report:
    Nothing to report. Slower than driving on M25 during rush hour after car crash. A combination of OCD and paranoia make me suspect Rovio will kibosh the project. In fact I was noticing if you go to the bird avatar page with most of the hats you can see 3 small boxes underneath showing the quests needed in order to obtain it. Obviously the boxes remain empty until quests are achieved and the hat is gained. However under some of the hats these boxes don't appear.Makes me think some hats could only be achieved via the challenges some of which involved winning trophies in the Pig Challenge which no longer exists.
    So I was wondering if some of you longterm Seasons flingers who have the birdwear can either remember how you did it or could check your avatar pages. If 3 quest boxes appear under each hat then I'm still in business if not then check your challenge page and see whether you completed the set that way.
    This is a genuine request as I definitely have elements of OCD in my personality. In fact my wife once asked me to fill in a questionnaire about autism (long story). Turns out I'm borderline Aspergers. Explains everything doesn't it?
  • Sorry, @BrianN , my OCD somehow let me totally ignore the birdwear (phew!).

Hoping your customers are also being ironic!
  • No irony but those comments were from people born white and now look brown and leathery. Opposite of Michael Jackson.
  • Looks like the Dane won the Tour Dan.
  • Yes. The poor French. They host the world's greatest bike race but can they find a winner? It's been a very long time now. A bit like Wimbledon before Andy Murray.
  • Birdwear goes over my head I'm afraid.
  • They've hardly won a stage this year.

That was a reasonablely good pun @desperatedan. Think my hunch about certain items only being available via the challenge will prove correct, meaning that unless you have a PhD in game hackery a complete set is now unattainable. I shall spend the next week meditating on the astral plane sorting out my chackra.
  • @BrianN click on the icon to the right of birdware icon you will see that if you collect 600 eggs you get all exclusive items. However to get all these eggs you would have to complete the daily challenge levels to obtain the 600. The daily challenge no longer actively working the answer i would say impossible
  • Wasn't intended as a pun.
  • @catsnbirds No birds but don’t miss this classic scene from Truffaut’s "Day for Night", a film about film-making:

https://youtu.be/271ymG6B7aw
  • @BrianN regarding seasons Facebook login it think a petition should be raised to rovio (maybe by creating a forum link to rovio to reactivate seasons). I have got so far to find out it is a rovio problem now, not Facebook. Follow the instructions and you will see (android only).
    Install Facebook app from playstore if you have not already done. (Don't open in browser)
    Login to Facebook
    Go to Facebook settings (3 horizontal bars on top right)
    Scroll to settings and select
    Under preferences
    Scroll to media select
    Scroll to links open externally and select.
    It is now enabled to work on apps that are active.

Now open seasons and you will now get message: app not active: this app is not accessible right now and the developer is aware of the issue( Not the browser security settings blah blah blah crap)You will be able to login when the app is reactivated.
    Not much consultation but a start.
  • My main issue with rovio is, if seasons is no longer supported why are they still allowing revenue generating adverts and purchasing of coins/power ups in app.
  • Rant over. Everyone enjoying their Sunday. Pissing of rain last 3 days here and 17c max.
    @HunnyBunny wouldn't mind a tandoori
  • Oh @HunnyBunny if it's not to late, chips and salad please.
  • Hold the sauce
  • *too late (just for @DesperateDan )
    Sorry @ixan57 Sunday Lunch is finished, you can tell as Mr Bunny is snoring whilst trying to watch some crap film…
  • @TomPuss Very cute, except for when he said that he hadn’t feed the kitten in 3 days!!!
  • Well guys you've been busy today. I haven't got a clue what you're on about except to say @tompuss that Truffaut clip was hilarious. "Find a cat that can act..."

Interesting Tour fact @desperatedan. Had Christophe Laporte not won stage 19 there would have been no stage winners on this years Tour by any French, Spanish, or Italian riders. Never happened before but think it demonstrates the power shift in the Tour.
    1Den.2Slov.3GB.

@ixan57 I think I tried all that and got nowhere.

Anyways here's an incredible performance from Ian Curtis, he really does look like a man possessed.

https://youtu.be/6dBt3mJtgJc
  • Only the ones that die young stay young forever. Imagine hearing this for the first time.
  • Found a level in ABO where I beat the existing top score 50-60 times in quick time. With a strategy that seemed the most obvious. I'm not quite sure what's going on sometimes, I may just have just found a version of the game where it was easier. This is what happens when you can't access ABO any way at all other than by using Bluestacks. I'm not talking about any fancy programming, just good definition on a bigger screen.
    So anyway, drinks on me and let's say goodbye at last to this interminable page.
    (Surf 'n' Turf 43 BTW)
Post in the New Forum!