The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3094
  • 159668 Comments
  • Let me know how you get on with it @grammyk. If it's any good I might get @ixan57 to buy it for me. Is that a flying pig over there?
  • You've probably noticed it's impossible to have a real time conversation here as posts keep popping up that weren't there before so as you respond to one another magically appears. You should try having a real time chat with @kathy. You reply to one post then see she's fired off another six. Chatty is not the word. How are you today @kathy?
  • Well done Wales. Worthy winners. Can you end 64 years of hurt?
  • Oh my word @karen68. Your hubby must be suicidal. Why couldn't they have played like that in the Euro final?
  • I didn't say second home @brianN, @hunnybunny. I think burning it down would be a bit OTT.
  • And I won't mention Costa Rica @karen68.

What?
  • Anyway, back to AB. Thought I had a sniff of a pup yesterday in Mirror Worlds but didn't spend much time on it. Main focus is getting into top 10 of ABO before it evaporates.
  • That's a bit like playing deck quoits just before the Titanic sinks.Btw @karen68 wasn't gloating about Italy, genuinely stunned. World cup will be all the less for their absence.
  • Just watched Blacklight with Liam Neeson. In this one he sees the government threatening his family. He knows where they live etc.
  • Yes, I saw it too. Fell asleep, thought it was pants.
  • I did enjoy the Taken movies especially the first one but he's played the same role ever since. Waste of his talent in my view though I hear his bank manager is very happy. Superb in Batman Begins although it helps being in the best Batman film ever.
  • Might come back to flinging
  • @ixan57 I’m hoping this game will revive this site
  • @grammyk I am hoping that also. Have not played actively for a few years because of a mixture of rovio and memory tracker devices that a monkey could be trained operate and achieve scores well above the real dedicated professionals. Hopefully, fingers crossed it will do some good but not holding my breath.
  • As of the 31st April to mark the new game release luckers corner will be rebranded to luckers lounge. We were so pleased at @brianN enjoyed his recent 2 day stay and as membership secretary I am pleased to grant Brian life membership.
    Ahhhh peace and quiet
  • ... zzz... Someone woke me up just when I was having an interesting dream about a monkey who topped the ABN flinging charts. Champ Chimp was his name. Ahh, just in time for Peaky Blinders.
  • Lurkers lounge is doing great business
  • Sorry, been a bit busy. Blame the good weather.
  • If you like snow and hail the weather has been lovely here today. Been busy with covid my body finally succumbed. 3 days in and feeling lousy although if I'm honest I've had slightly worse head colds. Definitely think the vaccination takes the sting out of it. Wife and daughter feeling a lot better though still testing +ve.
  • Hey @ixan57 see this new AB revamp. If I download it will it interfere will the old version of the game? Or can the two sit side by side on my android device?
  • Meant to say @hunnybunny nice flinging yesterday. Pipped by Asher. What are we gonna do with him? I'm reminded of a quote from Jack Nicklaus about Tiger when he was in his prime.
    "He plays a game with which I am not familiar".

Do you play the Daily Challenge @grammyk?
  • @BrianN strat please for today’s challenge
  • @brianN as rovio said somewhere the game is built on a different framework for modern technology so the 2 should sit side by side. However seeing that we cannot open ABO I think maybe that's why it is disabled
  • Hey @hunnybunny exactly as demonstrated by @sglouk video. Had a shade over 24k after 1st shot. 2nd took out a lot of the glass balls with collapsing wall.
  • Is my comment on the walk through page showing? It seemed to post but it says at the bottom:
    'Your comment is awaiting moderation. '
  • @brianN I don’t play daily challenge. Nothing could ever convince me to enter scores manually into any system so I never partook in that part of the site. I’m very happy with comparing my standings in the games with the Apple players on the iOS Game Center. For example, I am #3,612 out of 5,720,169 players in Space. Even higher in Original, Seasons, Rio, and Stella and a bit lower in both Star Wars. After I 3* the level I’ve solved the puzzle and my brain loses all interest in the level.
  • HERE IS A SECRET!!

I was incensed when I got that message that Rovio shut down the account and trashed my progress. And angry with myself for being sucked into using it since I never play on multiple devices anyways.

BUT

I just logged in again and it all came back and is working fine.

So now, I’m sending daily help requests to Rovio to implement a download feature that a person can run to transfer their progress back to their device thus saving the game.

I have a grandson who has Down syndrome who likes to go in the levels and play them so I will be preserving this old iPad and the games for as long as possible. I still need to test which games will work on airplane mode. We don’t care about tournaments and challenges, etc, just the levels.
  • P.S. if you can spread the word about original still working, the more people who put in tickets to get a “download back to device” happening, the more likely it will happen.
  • Just noticed I have been promoted to the Boss Hogg badge. @ixan57, you can have half a pint of heavy on me.
  • Congratulations boss I will change that to a lurkers lounge lager if you don't mind
  • Hi @grammyk I've been playing ABO a lot recently on an older version I downloaded a while back. It plays without any problems loading up etc with device connected to Internet. Only thing is it only goes up to Short Fuse. But I wonder if you downloaded an older version that had the complete game if you could also play it without interference.

I take your point about Rovio Accounts. When I heard they were being closed I logged out to see what would happen and all progress was gone. Like yourself logged back in quickly and all was restored. Hope that remains the case when they do finally wind them up.
  • Can you explain a little more about downloading progress back to device? Can Rovio do that @grammyk?
  • Hadn't looked at SWII for ages and checked in today. All progress 0.Was invit3d to log into Rovio account and progress restored back. Spent forever getting above average scores on every single level using only original characters. If you think that sounds easy try it. (There should be a badge for it @sweetp - let's call it Bang Average). Be really miffed if that disappeared. I might even cry.
  • OMG @BrianN that's a lot of frustration right there! I'm not a SWII player any longer, since we stopped including it in the Daily Challenge.

I don't know if there's a way to back up your progress. Maybe @comex666 might know?
  • Givingg today's challenge a big swerve so thought I'd look into the new ABO. Anyone else checked it out yet. Scoring seems similar except it goes up in single numbers rather than 10's.Eggs also in same place. And guess what @grammyk - you can link to a Rovio cloud! Knaves.
  • Ah you know me @sweetp, one minute I'm crying the next I'm laughing, think I have cyclothymia. There are definitely ways to back up but you need some tech skills and a decent pc, I have neither. I keep promising myself one of these days I'll get one and take a computer course so I can us3 it properly. My wife has one and can justify it(she's finish8ng her university degree). My daughter has one and can justify it(she finishes at her school this y3ar. Me? I need it to back up my Angry birds games! Try justifying that. Anyway thanks for responding to my throwaway comment. Be interested to hear what @grammyk says. He? sounds very sensible.
  • Darn it, I know how you feel. I'm not very tech savvy either, so I'm at risk of losing progress with a couple of the AB games. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

The new release of the Original game has got us admins scrabbling to create new videos and leaderboards, so it'll take a few days to get them all uploaded to their respective walkthrough pages. Anyway, I got a lot of flinging to do and videos to record. Yikes!
  • @brianN. I’m playing on my original game first installed on an iPad mini then when I upgraded to my iPad Pro, Apple products seamlessly transfer all your stuff. You just log into your new device and it’s there and all updates came from the App Store. So I know nothing about downloading stuff from anywhere but the App Store - sorry. Never needed anything not available there.

Now about the download. (Please excuse possibly over simple language, I want anyone to hopefully understand this.) I’m a programmer myself, since 1985, so I know what I’m talking about. I didn’t use the Rovio account at first so when they logged me out the game goes back to a state of half completion (empty for anyone who used it right away), the state of the data on my machine. When you first use Rovio account a program runs that transfers any existing data you have up to their server. From then on the game saves everything up there.

So the code to write a download is relatively easy using the existing program as a base.

The snag that might exist (which I’m lacking in modern programming knowledge for) is that the program may only be able to run within the game (as opposed to running on their computer and writing to our device). That would mean they would need to give us who want it a way to download a special version that could retrieve our progress.

Thank you for these questions, you have made me think deeper into the issue and my next help request can include these thoughts.
  • @brianN. I hear ya on the Star Wars lol. I’m missing a lot of stars on that one lol.

So our conversation led me to test my games on airplane mode:

Orig - problem as discussed.

Seasons, Rio, Space, SW I & II, all good, I didn’t get sucked into cloud b.s. again.

Stella: all gone, need to investigate. Not sure but this may use Facebook rather than Rovio.
  • Re new rc:ab as they are calling it. I checked it out. I saw that account thing and I felt like screaming all over their discord server telling people not to use it as they can’t be trusted. But instead I’m just quietly spreading the word to my very few contacts here.

I likely will lose the war and have to rip through the levels to open them up for my grandson. I ordered a new (refurbished lol) iPad today direct from Apple so he will be getting this one soon. I won’t play any more of the remake unless they make NEW episodes for it. I’ve no interest in just repeating it all. I only bought it to support the endeavour in the HOPE someone would see new levels as a good thing, and they will gain back so many players who did not take to ab2. (Although they were mostly a tight fisted lot lol).
  • @sweetp, omg people are going to be so happy that new leaderboards are coming. I’ll spread the word on discord along with others who will on there if you like.
  • WHO IS GRAMMYK you might find this amusing. I have 5 grandsons: daughter’s boys now 23 and 20, son’s boys now 15,14,13. The 15 year old is the one with Down syndrome. So around the time I joined this site (2013) Drake was learning relatives. Both myself and the other one were “Gramma”. So my daughter-in-law at the time decided her mother would stay Gramma and I would be Granny and I was not consulted. I told my son that I was not a beverly hillbilly and no one was going to call me granny, especially as the other woman is way older than me. So we settled on Grammy. But Drake in those days had his own ideas so for a few years he called me Grammy Kenny. We never figured out what it was about. So, not thinking up any cool user names here I just signed up as GrammyK.
  • Well @grammyk I did ask! I shall endeavour to process this information and come out the other end with my mind intact. Not much chance of that though.
  • Not sure I get the connection between granny and Beverly Hillbillies.
  • New levels would be the dream but I started playing after everything was done so never experienced the release of new levels. Guess if the new release gains hold maybe they might release new ones.
  • Btw @grammyk when speaking about IT technology you must only speak in baby terms. Goo goo gah gah is what me and Freddie Mercury understand.
Post in the New Forum!