The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3087
  • 159668 Comments
  • Tennis predictions bad as ever. British players had a better day than Canadians.
  • I'd wait for the Sue Gray report before making any more predictions @desperatedan. Did you know she took time out from the civil service to run a pub? She ought to know what a party is.
  • I’m 780 points away from regaining my crown in Rio Timber Tumble!
    Stevie turned out to be the dead dog, not my nemesis in the level
  • Way to go @hunnybunny!

BTW, hunnybunny keeps popping up in predictive text. I must be careful.
  • My trawl through early ABO levels has reached Ham Em High 13-11, @brianN. Let's just see if we can relieve you from the chore of polishing that trophy.
  • I’m Queen of Timber Tumble!
    Again...
  • Oh dear @hunnybunny, that'll set @brianN off. Enjoy it while you can.

Meanwhile, up from 81st to 27th on HEH 13-11...
  • I’m only Queen in Timber Tumble and Seasons Bonus Levels
    Both by a fight
    Pick a Seasons or Rio level all, and I’ll give you a fight, and one of us will be queen or king
    It’s the best way to play...
  • Up to 21st on HEH 13-11. Not sure I'm really scaring you.
  • Still busy with Red's Mighty Feathers @desperatedan. Up to level 9 and I reckon at least 4 of the levels so far have been negatively impacted by Rovio meddling /non meddling. So won't be challenging at the top of the table.
    As for Rio @hunnybunny, I'd love to be Queen, one day I will get round to it.
  • Couldn't load up ABO on my phone last night. Tried the obvious, restart device, clear cache, force stop. Finally uninstalled and reinstalled game(not recommended without a Rovio account) seemed to sort it.
    But this morning I had the same problem with my tablet. (Both android devices). Didn't have time to faff about so just restarted in airplane mode and it works fine. (Except as you know if you play long enough the screen freezes. Sometimes when it's most inconvenient, causing you to hop around the room shouting "Gaaaaaahhhhhh" (OK maybe that's just me).

Have any of you guys had similar issues either recently or in the past? Begging to think it might be something to do with my Rovio account.
  • Yes, can't access ABO on my Android. Can get Seasons though.
  • Bluestacks it is then.
  • Is that a recent development for you @desperatedan? Never had this particular problem before. Noticed on the Rovio support page they suggest it could be a problem with the file and they would need to deal with it manually, but that dates back 4yrs.Don't think they care enough now. In fact it's not possible to create a new Rovio account anymore.
    Anyways I submitted a request, we'll see what happens. Internet must be very slow in Finland as it usually takes them about 5days to get back.
  • Problem same as you, last 24 hours. Cold turkey setting in. May have to call 111.
  • @brianN @DesperateDan as you know I don't play anymore because of game crap mainly from rovio and x y'ers. However for the benefit of others will give things a try.
    ABO goes through loading then dumps to tablet home page.
    Rio, space and seasons load ok.
  • Just got email from rovio stating angry birds journey available to download from play store. Anybody tried it?
  • Think @kathy said it was lame. Someone said she was back. Did I just dream it?
  • I'm having a go at the challenge tonight @desperatedan (high bar @hunnybunny). As @ixan57 says all other AB games loading fine. You can still play ABO in airplane mode.
  • I bet Meanguy beats my score, at the last minute, as normal
  • Looks safe to me @hunnybunny. I mean, you are a whole 20 points clear of @asher.
    Rovio have obviously screwed up. Doubt whether they care. Question is, how widespread is the problem? Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that ABO was being relaunched.
  • It's called Reloaded and out already on iPhone. Said to be out on android later this year. Subscription only I think.
  • had a couple of emails from Rovio about AB Journey. When try to install on several devices get device incompatible. If you not had the email Google angry birds journey and click install
  • Spent 5 minutes today watching 4 spuggies jumping up and down on top of a newly cut hedge. Too early for the mating season, they weren't fighting or feeding. Just chattering with each other. I like to think it was for the pure joy of hedge hopping. Thought of you @ixan57 naturally.

Do you have any clue as to why ABO won't load up @ixan57?
  • I noticed @sigrid tied the high score in today's challenge. What does law 6:rule 5:subdivision iii say about that one @karen68?
  • @brianN no on the ABO, yes on the hedge hopping
  • @brianN did you try to get AB Journey
  • No, I looked at it and the graphics seemed as if it was designed for younger players. Maybe that was just the early levels. If any BP regulars have tried it let us know if it's any good.
  • Translation for @brianN above comments about spuggies.
    Oxford directory definition. Now I am wondering about the example they have given.
    plural noun: spuggies
    a house sparrow.
    "I'm watching the little spugs trying work out how to use the fat balls"
    Could be painful
  • I went into the pet store and asked the assistant if he had fat balls, he replied no its just the way I'm standing
  • Anyway, Mr Loaf passed today
    Bat out of Hell is the only album I’ve had on every medium.
    Always in my car
    https://youtu.be/C11MzbEcHlw
    And the first time you ever heard this, you couldn’t believe such a song existed
  • @HunnyBunny meat loaf albums are on sky arts now
  • I like meatloaf with new potatoes and asparagus.
  • ABO crashing out on Bluestacks now in same way as on Android phone. Can't possibly be linked, can they? Very odd. Rest of Bluestacks games OK.
  • The cynic in me thinks Rovio might be mucking about with a view to getting people to try the new subs version. But it's not even out yet on android so that's probably too cynical.
  • Looks like curtains. Can't use my phone. I've reinstalled Bluestacks but ABO is singled out as being unloadable, despite which ABO version I try to load. May go back and try the old Bluestacks version 4. Let's wait and see what happens when the next ABO Challenge comes around and see if the wider community are equally afflicted.
  • Ooops, wider community is.
  • Now the blinking ice cream van has just come round. It's January and 7 degrees.
  • Have you tried airplane mode @desperatedan? I get about 20mins playtime before screen freeze, then just restart (keeping device in AM). When finished session go back to WiFi mode and go to game home page key in Rovio Acc and it will retain all progress before crashing out.
    I'll have a Mr Whippy thanks.
  • With all these ABO shenanigans @desperatedan don't you feel project Rio calling?
  • @DeaperateDan why don't you get yourself a baked alaska
  • Thinking about it, the Bluestacks issue must just be an unfortunate co-incidence and totally unrelated. I am running an .apk I downloaded months ago and have used many times with no problem. Bluestacks hasn't changed. But my old laptop has been playing up so it might just be that, although Rio and the rest are OK.
    Airplane mode is last chance saloon and I really need the big PC screen and mouse control to make more progress in ABO. So if we can't get it back I may be forced to retire. Rovio will completely mess with the new version coming out and I'm not going to spend years catching up on another AB game. Feeling a bit gutted but maybe someone will find a remedy. Buying a new laptop could do the trick. Anyone else able to pass comment on Bluestacks?
  • Big PC screen and mouse control! Gone a bit Asher have we?

Just finished my sweep of Mighty Feathers a modest 15th overall. Not bad for a weeks work I suppose. Tip for you @desperatedan, I see you have V4. 0.0.If you can still access it level 2 has the swaying tower, one birder still an option.
    Level 1 still has the training mode glitch so no help there.
  • It's not the dark side. It's just my eyesight and fat fingers that make the phone more difficult.
  • Come on guys, it’s Rio!
    I play on Apple, no fecking Rovio stuff, it just works
    And ABO has so much New Stuff, Coins, Whatever, I just gave up
  • Bet you have a comfy chair as well.
  • @brianN i think all these comfy chairs should come with plug as standard.
  • And a white kitten to stroke, evilly.
  • @DeaperateDan ha ha ha nice one
Post in the New Forum!