The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 3089
  • 159657 Comments
  • @karen68 I really wasn’t up early, watched the replay of the match starting at 10:00 am on ESPN. Just made sure I didn’t have on the TV, or radio or look at my iPad or phone until I saw the whole thing.
    @DesperateDan For me, the GOAT is Federer. Always.
  • Amazing to think @karen68, @catsnbirds, that since 2003, out of the last 72 Grand Slams, 60 of them have been won by just 3 players. The 72 Slams before that were shared by 26 players.
  • @ brianN, I have ABO back on Android mobile. Not sure for how long though.
  • Already had an above-average on this current challenge so I decided to go for top 100. I wanted to go to top 50, but this level is quite inconsistent.
  • Yes, I have no idea where 173k and 2nd place suddenly came from. The silver pup remains elusive though.
  • ABO still working on Android...
  • Yeah I noticed that last night @desperatedan, long may it continue. Was up till 4.00 nursing toothache so had a go at both challenges. Rubbish at both.

BTW @catsnbirds everybody knows the only true GOAT is Tom Brady.
  • There's nothing worse than a window cleaner with toothache. Wakes the neighbourhood.
  • Oh and Paddy McGinty had one.
  • Ooh, did you see the Challenge change over at 0300? One of life's little thrills!
  • Anyone know how @kathy is?
  • Chinese Year of the (Big) Cat
    This will have to do
    https://youtu.be/2i46s52JAUE
  • All, saw first two sets of tennis, then had to leave (Mr Bunny’s birthday) couldn’t believe the result
    I, too, think Nadal has one more French Open in him
    Currently in Cornwall, full of fish and seafood, blown to pieces on the North Cornwall Costal Path
    Returning home tomorrow
    Kathy is OK, emailed a couple of days ago. She’s feeling much better, trying to build her strength up, eating a bit (lol, she never eats anything but crispy pizza!) and looking forward to taking walks
  • Well it's official @desperatedan, when you have toothache life has no little pleasures. Finally got treatment yesterday and it's worse! Hopefully things will settle down. It's also official if men had to give birth we'd have died out years ago. And my ABO keeps crashing again. Gaaaaaaahhh!
  • Hope it's not due to all those deep fried Mars Bars that we are told are the staple diet of the Scots.
  • For some reason, I got the most recent version of ABO back again on Bluestacks. None of this makes any sense.
  • My guess is Rovio(mastes of the dark arts) are buggering about again. And I've never had a deep fried Mars bar. And I hate haggis. Any other tropes you'd care to throw my way? BTW did I ever say I was Scottish?
  • Had an email from Rovio about the new update. Apperently it's based on the 2012 version and will have a one off purchase price(cheap according to Rovio) no ads, no in app purchases. More to follow if it's well received.
  • Sounds encouraging. What's wrong with haggis? It's very tasty.
  • I like the Fair Trade, line caught, vegan Haggis
    Courtesy of Ken Bruce’s other listener
  • If you fancy the items contained in Ant'n'Dec's Bush tucker trials you'll love haggis. Turkey scrotum anyone?

Moving away from haggis, rarely watch Question of Sport(Brit TV quiz show... about sport funnily enough). Glad I caught it last night as I discovered there was an aussie footballer called Norman Conquest and a Belgian called Mark de Mann. Sounds like a couple of tracks from Half Man Half Biscuit new album.
  • Nice shooting on today's challenge @desperatedan. Must have used up all my space jam in SW challenge yesterday, can't break 100k in Danger Zone.
  • Only Danger Zone level I can get to. Just 510 points away from that elusive 20th pup. Had a real go but was not to be.0
  • Worth the coppers in my view. Some challenging levels. So don't be a tight wad.
  • Honestly ABO has been working perfectly fine on my end, don't understand what all the hubbub was about before.
  • Well bully for you @azurill. You're fine while everyone else is struggling!I'm wondering if it's just affecting android. Do you use ios? My main ABO game is back online again. All rather strange.

As regards today's challenge once again @desperatedan you're blazing the 'almost but not quite a puppy' trail. I must be missing something about the contact point or the timing of the detonation. Haven't had a sniff of a 1birder. Any tips?
  • No, I also use Android, even if it's Android 10 and not 11, if that means anything.
  • Well I'm sure there's an explanation for it all but as anyone on this site will tell you switching a device on and off is the extent of my problem solving abilities when it comes to tech.

Meanwhile it's toof-hurty GMT.
  • Challenge score today was a 2 birder and I had a cake left over so I was a gnat's c**k off getting that pup. I know that's rude but it was an expression that an old Yorkshire Chief Engineer used to use at work when I first started and he always had to apologise to my female colleague.
  • I think they put them in haggis as seasoning.
  • So we went to Dundee Comicon yesterday as the boy is into Spiderman. Surprisingly little on Desperate Dan given Dundee is his place of birth. Never been to one before but expected some weird and wonderful folk in keeping with comic book characters and true to form there were several Harley Quinn's. All fishnets and bums(that was my entertainment sorted).
    But there were also a lot of randoms. One guy had a lime green silk outfit with massive frills down the front. He was a cross between a pirate and a colour blind Dandy.
    Then I noticed a young lad about 16 in full drag. Not yer shop bought costume. Little red dress, black tights, heels the whole shebang. I was just about to say to the wife"Should I ask if he's come as Black Widow on her day off? " when I got the 1000 yard stare... from 2 feet.
    Ironically it must take a huge pair of nads to walk about like in public. I've never felt so normal. Nite all.
  • Lots of level 1s recently I've noticed: First Path of the Jedi, then Danger Zone, now this.
  • Yet again I'm making the early pace on the Challenge but I can't see anyone getting a pup today.
  • Ooh Marie Hamtoinette! According to @ixan57 containing the most boring level in Seasons history. You still awake @ixan57? At least it's not one of those hedge levels, they give me the heebee geebees.
    You could be right about the pup @desperatedan, although I may break open a bottle of Schadenfreude later and watch Asher come agonisingly short. 173k is a good score.
  • Yip @brianN lurking with the lurkers.
    How's the butchers job doing now, sorry meant dentist
  • Saw a good film at the weekend called The Power of the Dog with our friend Benedict Cumberland - Sausage. Good supporting cast, Jesse Plemmons, Kristen Dunst. On Netflix.
  • The acute pain that had me sleepless for 4 nights has gone @ixan57. Thanks for asking. But there seems to be a bit of pain transference along my jawbone and cheek which makes working in 30mph Northerly winds rather uncomfortable.
  • There's a line in this song @desperatedan that might inspire you in your pupquest, see if you can spot it. Of course being an Arsenal fan you'll probably come out in hives when you listen to it.
    https://youtu.be/OkcoCka5fuQ
  • @briann, I'll have to add that movie to my watch list. Kirsten Dunst is one of my fav actresses and love me some Cumberbatch! Big bonus, it's a Western❤

Also, had to edit your Comicon post a tiny bit.
  • No problem @sweetp, I'd be an absolute butthead to complain about that. I think Benedict will definitely get an Oscar nomination for his performance. It's set in 1930's Montana which I believe borders Wyoming (but then who doesn't border Wyoming?) It looks a little like modern day Penarth @hunnybunny.
  • I knew that bottle of Schadenfreude would come in handy(heh heh).
  • Hey @tompuss how's things? Have you had that laser eye surgery yet? Let us know how you get on. You'll be able to see a gnat's bum from 50 yards.
  • @BrianN I’m guessing Montana doesn’t have a Pier (let alone one voted Pier of the Year, no less) seeing as it’s landlocked
  • Pier of the year? If it ever wins pie of the year I'll be right down there. Would I need to arrive via horse drawn carriage?
  • Well Wigan has a pier, according to George Orwell. You just need a river or a lake.
  • Ooh, landlocked, one my favourite subjects. Only two countries in the world are double landlocked. What are they, no cheating. And fir Brits, name the only double landlocked county.
  • Think I have the County @desperatedan. You'd think Midlands but I think it's a little south of that?
    As for the countries I'm stumped there. I think we can discount The Americas (don't tell @sweetp I said that). I know Bolivia and Paraguay are landlocked but not double. Strangely Bolivia has it's own navy. It Bob's up and down on lake Titicaca(not a swear word @sweetp).
    Likewise Australasia, Oceania, Middle East, Asia.
    So by process of elimination maybe there's one in the heart of Africa? Likes of Chad or Sudan? Other options are Central or Eastern Europe maybe where the Stans live? Maybe one of the small principalities? I'm ruling out Monaco and Andorra also Luxembourg.
    You're well travelled @hunnybunny, what say you? Ever been double landlocked?
  • @BrianN LOL! That's supposedly the highest navigable lake in the world at 12,000+ ft elev.

Speaking of Comicon, is it hard to get tickets there, like it is here in San Diego? They are usually sold out as soon as they go on sale, which is about a year out. Nearly impossible to get an admission if you don't know someone (a business) who can get complimentary tickets.

Montana is our northern neighbor, and we've been a few times. Our friends have a horse ranch there. Big Sky country is what that state is referred to. And it's true, with beautiful mountain ranges and wide open skies that stretch uninterrupted into the horizon. A small portion of Yellowstone National Park extends into Montana and Idaho.

Ok, enough babbling.
  • Hi @sweetp it's nice to hear you babbling, it's what we're good at down in the BP.
    The Comicon in Dundee is quite a small scale affair so demand wasn't great. We managed to get tickets the weekend before. There were a few workshops on Upper levels but they were sold out. This is how I imagine the San Diego comicon:

https://youtu.be/FEdyNyQCjwE

Classic film btw.
  • @BrianN, ahhh Galaxy Quest! Entertaining and very funny. You're right, Comicon in SD is quite chaotic at times. That's another great movie, with a lot of good actors, including Helen Mirren.
    I recently watch Alan Rickman's last movie Eye In the Sky (Netflix). Going to miss his great acting talent.
Post in the New Forum!