List of Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 15
  • 1064 Comments
  • Check DS 2-40
  • As far as I know total self destruction is still possible on DZ-4. Would appreciate any reports of recent occurrences.
  • @Burbman @Sunshine and I are trying for total destruction on DZ-4. Sunshine and I play on iPads, Burbman on an iPhone. So far level has always stalled at 34010 pts after about 2 hrs on iPad. Burbman's stalled at 8030 after more than 3 hours (iPhone).
  • Just to add a note to @mvnla2's comment above, I did send Ice in between two of the pods and allowed the structure to continue to disintegrate, then when that stalled sent in Bomb to finish things off for a final score of 119k, so above average is still easily within reach even without total self destruction.
  • @mvnla2 I sent you a pm, but also post result over at BP. All attempts have failed at 2hours with score of 34010. I have sent birds in on two occasion for above average scores of 112k and 110570. Average on this level is 107226.
  • ABS Winter Wonderham bonus level three. Twenty five restarts, one partial collapse, one total destruction for 118k, on iPad.
    Was doing the ironing, so just left it on the table to see what would happen, and restarted every couple of minutes!
  • I let DZ4 run overnight, and woke to a score of 38,680. One Ice bird and the remaining rubble collapsed for a score of 111k.
  • @CmdrBond It does appear that self-destruction was changed in Space update v1.5.0 (3/7/13 for IOS) or v1.5.1. It is unclear if total self-destruction is still possible, but you can definitely still use partial self-destruction to help you get an above average score.
    There are several people actively looking on various devices; stay tuned.
  • @Burbman -- Just so the record is straight, what version of Space are you playing, and on what device? You seem to be getting the largest variation in scores.
  • @Burbman -- The self-destruction scores I have for you are
    Is that correct? I also don't know how long it took, except for the last one, which was overnight. Any more details would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • http://youtu.be/6vht10RJQYY

DZ-4 slideshow from April 2012. Done over a three hour period. The pattern of self destruction is very different from what is happening now on the level.
    @mvnla2, I ran it 2 more times yesterday with the exact same results: 2 hours, 34010.
  • @Sunshine @Burbman @rdnzlrips82 @kathy
    Status of DZ-4 self destruction:
    iPhone (Burbman) seems to be different each time
    iPad (Sunshine and MVNLA) seems to be the same each time up to ~24 restarts. Rotates clockwise ~45 degrees, then has partial collapse. Old version rotated both clockwise and counter-clockwise; had more gradual destruction starting earlier.
    Android (rd and Kathy) Rotates clockwise at faster rate than iPad; so far stalls at lower score at 180 deg.
  • @Hunnybunny -- Thanks for the input. Changing description on p 1. Actually, can you read it now and tell me if I should change more? Thanks.
  • Still need to check DS 2-40
  • @mvnla didn't read it before you changed it, so can't comment. BUT do you want all reports, or just ones for levels not previously reported. Not quite clear. Or are you asking for more details on time, platform, number of attempts, etc. As I said didn't read you previous post.....
    Came back to report a marvellous score of 10 without flinging a bird, just as a joke, as so bored today trying the two ABS bonus levels that will spontaneously destruct, but didn't for me.
  • @Hunnybunny -- All I changed was the upper end of the range of scores. So your info was very useful. Just wanted to know if you agreed with rest of description.
    Don't need additional reports of things that already are mentioned on page 1, but additional details always welcome. I haven't really been keeping track of platform except in cases where it really seems to happen only on certain platforms. Also, it's only recently that it was proven to differ by platform. DZ-4 is a particular case in point, and we're trying to figure out if total self-destruction is still possible.
    In case you're inclined to help, I think it is quite unlikely to happen on iPad, although it can help you get above average, for a mere investment of 110 min.
  • @mvnla only play seasons at present, and that takes up enough time
  • Cheers for the input guys.
  • I let it run again overnight twice over the weekend,first time was 10,480, no collapse at all, and second time was 34,010. I was able to use two birds to take the 34,010 score to a 121k this morning.
  • I am a bit curious where you found the time machine to skip ahead to the middle of next month though to record your video ;)
  • @Burbman -- In a virtual world, time machines are a dime a dozen. I blame it on CmdrBond, since I was trying to list date in European style. ; )
    Thanks for the report. Interesting that you finally got exact number Sunshine and I have been getting on iPad.
    Did you ever answer question about which version of Space, and which device (I am assuming iPone 4, but not sure)?
  • I am on iPhone4 and have the current version of ABSp 1.5.1
  • @mvnla2 looks awesome! Great job!! :)
  • @mvlna2 I'm still working on DS 2-40, though slowly. 14 tries so far, about a quarter do nothing. Most have some sort of crash within 30 to 45 mins. Some take closer to 2 hours. I have yet to achieve the 1 bird finish, though I did get beyond average after waiting and only having to toss the 2nd to destroy Darth with rubble to finish.

Heh, I have to admit at this point I'm pretty sick of DS & ready to move on, so I'm not giving up, but extending the experiment over time.
  • On another note, I'm trying to see if DS 2-19 might be unstable. Has anyone else tested it yet?
  • @ABCrazy -- Thanks for the info on DS 2-40. Haven't gotten there myself yet.
    I don't think anyone has reported anything on DS 2-19.
    Is DS 2-19 the correct number? I don't see any indication that it will self-destruct. If you mean it is unstable after a shot, what shot do you mean?
  • Discussion carried over from BP, One hour update DZ4.
    iPhone 5 - 1340
    iPhone 4 - 1090

No blocks destroyed on either device.

Good point on the reset, tomorrow, I will do a hard shutdown on both devices and try again. Presumably with each of them from the same starting point.
  • 1.5 hour update DZ4
    iPhone 5 - 2,690
    iPhone 4 - 1,770

No blocks destroyed on either device.
  • Partial collapse at 1:55 on iPhone 4, current score 35,030
  • Hi @mvnla2, DS 2-19 is the one with the wall of blocks. It might become unstable after one shot. Supposedly one person has been able to one bird it with Chewie. Several times I've been able to come close with a tower or two leaning & wobbling, but they never seem to collapse. This time I had two leaning towers of Pisa, and the last 3 blocks with the TNT case kept banging against the wall. I hoped it would finally implode, but it never stopped banging & never collapsed after 4 hours so I gave up. It may just be wishful thinking on my part but it seems worthy of further study.
  • 2 hour update DZ4
    iPhone 5 - 3,360 - no broken blocks
    iPhone 4 - 35,030 all stone remaining, only three wooden triangles left, one wooden pig support broken, four pigs remaining.
  • 2.5 hour update
    iPhone 5 - 3,800 One wooden triangle broken, no scoring for 20 min.
    iPhone 4 - 35,070 minor shifting over past half hour counterclockwise rotation at the rate of about 1 rev per hour.

Launching Ice to both structures.
    iPhone 4 - catastrophic destruction with Ice impact - final score 114,680
    iPhone 5 - iced one junction between pods - score 4,370
  • @Burbman -- If I read your posts correctly, the iPhone 4 had no change in score for more than 1 hr, then changed direction and score started increasing again??? Very weird.
  • @mvnla2 - after the initial collapse, it stayed pretty stable for about half an hour, then had some minor shifting, scoring an additional 40 points. Then I sent in the ice bird to finish it off.

3 hour update
    iPhone 5 - 4,440 - no scoring for >20 min - bomb launched, one pig left score 83,640, final ice launched - level failed.
  • I started the DZ4 challenge again this morning with both devices fresh off a complete shutdown. Unfortunately during the first hour, both devices were interrupted briefly by notifications that came through, but at the one hour mark scores are as follows:

iPhone 4 - 1190
    iPhone 5 - 1190

Though they are the same right now, they have differed by as much as 200 points during the course of the hour.
  • @Burbman -- Thanks for continuing the experiment.
  • @mvnla2 - no problem!

1.5hr update:
    4 - 1,850
    5 - 2,310
  • 2 hr update

4 - partial collapse at 1:45, four remaining pigs, four remaining wood triangles, 34,010
    5 - 2,950, no visible damage
  • 2.5hr update

5 - 3,800 - one wooden triangle broken
  • @Lisko -- For completeness, what make and model is your PC, what operating system are you running? I think you already said you were running Space 1.4.1?
    FYI -- The results you get depend on the number of restarts since a "hard close." For a PC, I think this means any time you close the application. So leave Space open in a window when you are doing other things on your PC. Otherwise, I think you will just be running the same exact case over and over again.
  • @Burbman -- What version of IOS do you have on both phones?
    Also, did you ever make a video of you series of screen shots from last year? I did my video above with Picassa (on my Mac). I assume you can use Picassa on an iPhone, but not sure. Sunshine also had some suggestions, so let me know if you are interested and need help. For Picassa, you may need a gmail account, which you may or may not want. I had to get one to use Google Docs for the members' map, so I had one under MVNLA already.
  • 3 hr update

5 - stalled at 3,800 - today's experiment is complete.

Both phones are using iOS 6.1.3

I never put tgether a video, but I do still have the screenshots. Maybe someday if I have time, I will do something with it.

• DZ-4 experiments may be stalled for a while if we get an update Thurs.
    4/17/13 DZ-4 Status:
    DZ-4 self-destruction changed with v1.5.0 / 1.5.1 update. Self destruction can still be used to help you get above average, but verdict still out on total self-destruction:
    iPad running IOS 1.4.3 and Space 1.5.1 (MV and Sunshine):
    * Gives 34010 every time up to 24 restarts after hard close
    * Same score for restart #49
    iPhone 4 running IOS 6.1.3 and Space 1.5.1 (Burbman)
    * 35070 Highest partial collapse
    * 121K highest 2 bird score after partial of 34010
    * Different on each restart
    Android (rdnzlrips82)
    PC (Lisko)
  • @Flassari or anyone else from Rovio -- Who is the perverse person who has been going around stabilizing the self-destroying levels, at least on iPad?
    In addition to DZ-4, ABO Bad Piggies 21-14 now rarely even gives 20 pts on iPad. Grrr!
  • Rovio is driving me crazy! The conclusion that the self-destruction score is a function of the number of restarts since a hard close may no longer be true!
    An anonymous member and I had collected data to prove this. At least we had data on a couple of levels from ABO and ABSeasons. Something has been done to stabilize ABO Bad Piggies 21-14 (which was one of the levels tested) and DZ-4, at least on iPad.
    Because @Burbman was getting different results for DZ-4 on his iPhones for each restart, I upgraded my iPhone 4 to IOS 6.1.3, and installed ABSp and DZ. After quite a few restarts, I did a hard close because I had missed a few restarts (user error mostly).
    The initial run after a hard close was not the same as the first run after installation. I thought it might be due to synching.
    Did another hard close, and the first run was again different from either of the other two first runs!
  • @Sunshine -- What IOS version are you using on your iPad?
  • Not sure if this belongs here on in AB Anonymous --- So I updated my iPhone to IOS 6.1.3 and ran DZ-4 a bunch of times: no total self-destruction, but different scores each restart. At great personal cost (not sure what yet), I cajoled my husband into letting me install AB Space on his iPad Mini (unfortunately only running IOS 6.0.2). So far mostly 34010. There is no way he'll let me update his operating system. I'm thinking about updating my iPad to 6.1.3, but that is a lot of work -- I lost all my AB scores when I updated my iPhone; no great loss, since I no longer play AB on iPhone, but I don't want to lose scores on my iPad.
    Will let you know what the results are soon.
  • @mvnla2 i think that is a desperate measure so quite appropriate for ABA l
    I am contemplating installing angry birds on bf's mom computer pc lol;)
    Do you not have a backup program installed? After i lost progress twice ( yes twice) i found a back Up program in google play..then my luck it expired BUT thanks for Ripsy he told me and i installs another just in time;)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!