Angry Birds Anonymous Page 11
  • 562 Comments
  • Well if you make everyone dislike you, then they send "The Magic Button" to your game. Every time you hit The Magic Button, it lowers your score. lol :)
  • Then I will put down here that there isn't a lick of truth to that post at all, and I just put it there to see if HunnyBunny was awake and paying attention. ;) The Magic Button? Ha! Indeed!
  • Yeah you will @hunnybunny. How do you think I got past the annoyance of our troop never getting anything done in Boy Scouts? I quit, and I bet so has everyone else.
  • Well HunnyBunny: You sounded as though in need of a laugh or a distraction so I tried to run a distraction. It didn't catch on. I hope you got a smile out of it, if nothing else. Blame it on the champagne! Or better yet, blame it on the game!!
  • @sparty83 I am currently reading Clarissa Dickson Wright's autobiography. She is one of the Two Fat Ladies a cookery programme in the UK. It's been shown all over the world, so some of the addicts here may know her. And now I know where the step programme comes from.
    Everyone here has an addictive personality, thank god it's birds, read Clarissa for what alcohol did to her, before you let something else get a hold of you.
  • Woo Hoo! Another Thurs with no update! Will be able to accomplish some real life chores!
    ... Hummm... Isn't working....
    Can't even fool myself...
    Siiiigggghhhhh.
  • Right there with you @mvnla2, woke up at 6am eastern and first thing I did was check google play (android user). Then I remembered that some updates don't show up that early so I checked every 15 minutes until 9am (had to go to work BAH!)

Even checked the 'Nest every once and awhile hoping for a post.

NOTHING . but I was able to get some work done. So that's a good thing right?

(maybe next week)
  • I am SO fed up. How can an Angry Birds addict cope with no PC releases since forever? and all this Junk stuff they're piling on, you have to dig through all of it and then find still no goodies ...
  • @Sparty83 level two for me please. I've searched for that Power greater than me, and have found it. It's TODAY. I always think I'll just fling a few more birds, and today slips away, so the jobs that should have been done now become tomorrow's jobs. Just need now to invoke the power of TODAY and I may get through a couple of more steps with ease
  • Congrats @HunnyBunny.

But I should remind you to be careful. You don't want to go screaming though those steps too quickly. Not sure if you ever watched the sitcom, Seinfeld, but here's what can happen.

• Hee hee @sparty83 I'll slow down
  • Hello all, my name is Rat, and I have a problem. I'm a Space addict. I love this series because most of the levels are skill based. If you can deduce strategies and have a modicum of skill, high scores are possible. Even so, I've been making great strides with my level of addiction because we've had no updates in Space for quite some time now. Nothing new to pull me back into a stupor. I've been dashing through the steps of your program hoping to get cured of this debilitating addiction before being tempted once again by the release of the pending Space update. All my progress was for naught when yesterday someone, let's call him an enabler, stated he could/would knock me out of the top ten in Pig Dipper. One of my scores had slipped to tenth place and, as the enabler is an excellent flinger, the taunt was valid. I had been pulled back to step one. Nothing else seemed important. Oh woe is me!!

I've fixed the problem with Pig Dipper. All my levels are now in the top six with one exception, and it's a ninth place. Not good enough. That ninth place level needs to be brought in line with the rest. Only one more level, only one more fling. Where have I heard these things before? Oh yeah, here, at the addiction meetings. I'm surprised I had time to come to ABA. It's a beginning...

Speaking of beginnings @Sparty83, I read your original premise for the ABA again. I noticed this time how you set yourself up for failure. You stated you would begin the process when your score on ABO Bad Piggies 19-4 was above average. There is no level 19-4 in Bad Piggies! You haven't even got to step one, have you? Sly devil. Is the rest of this program just as flawed? Do I need to join ABA A?

@hunnybunny--True story. I always enjoyed watching the Two Fat Ladies show. My mother-in-law being a caterer, I thought she might appreciate their style of cooking and jovial approach to living. To that end, I mentioned to her that I had been watching Two Fat Ladies. That's as far as I got before I was dressed down for thirty minutes. She's a good religious "Southern" woman and a staunch defender of woman's rights. She would not have me calling women fat or old. Eventually the tongue lashing slowed and I explained that it really was the name of a show. After my trauma over the incident lessened, we both had a good laugh.

Oh well. Just one more fling at that ninth place score...maybe two....................

Edit: It took about 200 flings, but that ninth is now a fourth. All levels are now sixth place or better. I'm back to step two on my recovery. At least until the Space update release.
  • @Rat I have an image of Hattie McDaniel in my mind, giving you a right talking to!
  • @hunnybunny Her maid characters were sassy and she could dress you down effectively, albeit with fewer words than I endured in my story.
    Did you know when she was the first black to win an Oscar, she had to sit at a segregated table away from the other "Gone with the wind" actors at the presentation? Sad times.
  • Following on from Rat's post, when Hattie died in 1952, from breast cancer, her will stated she wanted to be buried in the Hollywood cemetery. Her request was refused because she was black. Google her story, so many of the great Hollywood actors stood by her, but segregation laws did not. A great lady.
  • @sparty93 hovering over step three, but the nasty ratty person (or, as he is otherwise known, my friend, the Rat) is waiting for the Space update, and i have to chase his furry heels up the leader board. Maybe back to step one....
  • @rat,
    In the original release of AB:Original, back in Oct. 2013, Bad Piggies was Episode/Chapter 19

http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/surprise-angry-birds-update-adds-new-bad-piggies-episode/

I may be set up to fail, but that's because Rovio keeps pushing out updates.

@hunnybunny
    Sorry to see you slide back down to Step 1. Don't give up, with proper support, we can all hopefully reach Step 9.
  • @sparty83 I'm even more confused now. You talk about the future as if it were the past. Back in Oct. 2013? Now I think I need to go to AA because I must be drinking too much. Rotflmao
    BTW, pick up any good stock tips while you were in the future?
  • @Rat,
    That was a test, just seeing how clearly you can read the posts here. It appears that you have plenty of time to concisely read the year and not confuse it with either a score or a level.

It appears that you may be ready to progress to Step 2? (or am I jumping the gun here?)
  • @sparty83 With the pending Space update, I better stay at step one. Thanks for the misplaced faith you saw in me by offering step two. The only greater power that can help me at this time is Rovio by releasing that update. About that tip....
  • Woo Hoo! Another Thurs with no update! Will be able to accomplish some real life chores!
    This time I really mean it. Don't have time today to rush through a new update, and how could I stand not being able to finish the first day?
  • Hmm .. No update today either. I think my hubby must be bribing Rovio so I'll get more done on his "Hunny-Do List."
  • With all the potential updates, suprised nothing for 2 weeks. Could spell trouble
  • @mvnka2, tomorrow is thursday, will it be week 3 or will the weekend be spent killing swine?
  • @Sparty -- Well, it's now Thurs, and no new update, unless the console multiplayer game came out today, but I won't play that. There was a new Cover Orange 2 update today....
  • I played Rio while I was on holiday! Now @CCJolly will never forgive me! I'm a monster!
  • @hinarei -- What's wrong with playing AB while on holiday?
  • @mvnla2 - nothing. absolutely nothing at all. That would even have been unremarkable. I played Rio :O

I couldn't help myself. I dislike the game (even more now that darn TNT drop thing comes up all the time...), and know jolly dislikes it too. We were once brothers in arms against Rio. But it updated, I was bored and couldn't stop myself.
  • Yet another update-free Thurs, and this one seems even more ominous to me -- It's getting pretty close to Sept 19, when Star Wars II will be released; it's too soon to release AB Go, and I'm beginning to think there will be no other updates/releases until Sept 19.
  • Hi there folks, my nickname is MadSadBird and I KNOW I have a problem. In the beginning when I started playing AB about 2 years ago ( I had no idea this site existed back then ), I could play and stop playing whenever I felt like it, there was no obsession, no uncontrollable urges or sleepless nights, it was just like a sunshiny day everyday, a happy go-lucky life style.

Now everything has changed, and I fear there's no turning back to that wonderful life. I play while I'm eating, bathing, walking, working, dancing, dressing, reading and worst of all while I'm asleep, yes, I dream and have nightmares involving AB and the hapless pigs all the time, even more disturbing, I'm in the game directing the birds and kicking the pigs around as if they were soccer balls, and when I wake up I'm back on the laptop all over again playing and playing and playing, I even forget to have my morning coffee and cigarette because of this infernal game.

THERE'S NO TIME for those things, what with the nightly challenge and new episodes and bonus levels coming out all the time.

It's apparently clear to me now that ROVIO had all these evil consequences in mind when they created this game with a mind of its own and the ability to convince players that there's nothing more important in the World than the AB games.

Wait...I think I see King Pig walking up to me, he's very upset and has a murderous look in his eyes. Oh No No No not the skillet, don't hit me with that...Owww, Ouch that hurts, stop it or I'll throw some TNT boxes at you.

See what I mean????
    I NEED some serious HELPPPPPP!!!
  • @SadBird -- I concluded long ago that Rovio was out to get the Nobel Peace Prize -- if everyone played AB, no one would have time for war. Only problem seems to be world-wide distribution of devices and games to terrorists and other bad guys.
    But seriously, you do seem to have a bad case. I don't think the angry birds and bad piggies have invaded my normal dreams, but I do have dreams about various levels and how to beat them. Not sure the levels all exist though.
  • Welcome Sadbird, or do you prefer MadSadBird?

Things were so much nicer back then, when there was only 1 game, weren't they. Now not only do we have 5 versions with a 6th on its way for mobile devices, there is the pc/mac versions, facebook weekly challenges in both original and star wars, chrome and all the console versions, and of course the daily challenge.

Sometimes I think that this site was created not by some rabid fans, but by the seedy underbelly of Rovio to keep us hooked.

How is one to keep up
  • @sparty83, thank you for the warm welcome, I prefer MadSadBird since that's my existing state of mind (a stark raving mad lunatic) caused by Rovio and its games.

I started with Facebook AB (that's one that I've been able to completely stop and stay away from). The loss of one's privacy and anonymity is of grave concern for me.

After that I played Google AB then abandoned it since it was senseless after purchasing ABO, Seasons, Space, Rio and SW for PC.

Although I've only been a member of this site for a little over 2 months, I find it to be extremely helpful with the posted walkthroughs and alternate strategies offered up by other more experienced players, another thing I like is that there're lots of other players in my age group (62 and up).

And of course, let's not forget the friendly and courteous Admins and players.

Ciao.
  • Hello @MVNLA2, according to your statement, the war mongering President of the USA then desperately needs to get hooked on AB to stop him from sacrificing our soldiers in needless and absurd wars throughout the World, and as far as terrorists and other bad guys are concerned, I don't think it's wise to give them any more ideas on alternate methods of destruction and mayhem.

From what I've been reading in all the columns here, I would have to surmise that you have as bad a case of angrybirdtitis as I do, you seem to be always trolling for strats from other players. If that's not having it as bad as I do then I don't know what is.

Thank you for your warm welcome and Ciao.
  • @SadBird (MadSadBird) -- Well, my case might be as serious as yours, just not in the same dimensions. I don't play while I'm eating, bathing, walking, working, dancing, dressing, or reading (but who reads anymore?). While I'm watching TV, yes, and way too many hours each day. Have you visited the Bloated Pig Forum yet? I posted my latest addictive action there.
  • @MVNLA2, I visited the (Bloated Pig???) I've as of yet never seen an un-bloated pig, so I left a short story there for you to amuse yourself with. Ciao.
  • @mvnla2 hope your joking about the reading! It's the one thing that can really get me away from AB. Reading Khaled Hosseini at the moment. A wonderful writer. Particularly recommended for those having such a bad flinging day, escape is urgently needed ;-)
  • @Hunnybunny -- Yes I was joking, mostly. I used to go through at least one book a week; not so many since AB took over my life. Will have to look up Khaled Hosseini.
    [Edit] Just bought The Kite Runner! Thanks! Will let you know if I like it.
  • @mvnla2 He's an Afghanistani / American, a great story teller, three books so far. The horror of war, with family love, and humour. Can't put them down once you start reading.
  • Hello again @MVNLA2, talking about reading, I've been going throughout this site's comment columns and I couldn't help but notice about your incessant need for updates every Thursday. Now, let's imagine for a moment that instead of your having an iPad (where you have at your disposal every single update including "complete" bonus levels for all the games, mighty eagle, millenium falcon, the croods and all the achievement awards to accomplish), you only had a PC and no means of getting another device, what...pray tell would happen to you then?

I would have to surmise then that under those extenuating circumstances you'd probably go completely insane and have to be institutionalized at your local loony bin, or...you could do as I do on my PC and keep replaying all the older levels on all the chapters and episodes until either my scores go up or my mouse finger goes down.

Think about it, you'd be keeping your mind and finger occupied while the updates are created and released by Rovio, and thereby avoid total mental shutdown and irreversible anguish. While you're at it you might also consider reading "Psychological Comments by Gourdjief and Ouspensky", I'm sure it would help alleviate your constant need for more and more updates.

Relax, go outside and smell the roses, get wet under a soothing summer rain, or on a worst case scenario, find some neighbors you dislike and completely egg their car and cover it with toilet paper under a hot and searing sun.

Have fun and Ciao.

• @SadBird (MadSadBird) -- I don't think I'm the most desperate person in the Nest in term of wanting new updates. However, I have been reduced to replaying old levels. Just finished (I hope) getting all my scores on my iPad = my scores on the leaderboard. They used to be a mix of iPhone and iPad scores, but even after all this time some of the iPhone scores were higher than the iPad ones. I guess I might be reduced to getting above average on all the old levels, which I haven't done yet.
    Don't think I'll try your reading suggestion though.
    I do smell the roses (literally) every chance I get, and know which neighbors grow the best smelling ones. Summer rain? Now that's an interesting concept for LA. : D I don't live close enough to the mountains to get those torrential downpours and flash floods that some in S CA have been getting. Interesting clouds, though.
    And I do spend one or two days a week playing golf, with no iPhone or iPad, and in LA the rounds can easily be >5 hrs; not to mention getting there and back.
    So, this is a long-winded way of saying I'm not anywhere near as addicted as you. So there.
  • @MVNLA2, you forgot about my car egging suggestion, that's loads of fun especially if you use 1 year old rotten eggs. Ciao.
  • I am a space addict. I started flinging in space to help me deel with my vodka problem.
    Now I have to wean myself off of space, so I am going cold turkey. Star Wars may
    be the crutch that I need. I hope Rovio does not tempt me with a space update. So much
    for that plan hooked again.
  • 30 yesterday
    30 today
    15 (guessing) in 3 days
    and a whole new game in 6 days

How is one supposed to keep up?
  • I am feeling VERY over whelmed right now. I know I sort of joke about being addicted to this game, but this last week and a half has made me realize how this game has a grip on me.

30 levels of Space
    30 levels of Star Wars
    15 Levels of Original
    5 Levels of Facebook Original
    5 Levels of Facebook Star Wars
    and 101 (possible 120) of the New Star Wars 2
    and tomorrow morning, 10 new facebook levels.

Thats 215 levels in about 2 weeks!

I just can't keep my head above water. I don't know where to put my attention. Too many levels scattered over too many versions that are still below average.
  • @sparty83 - What will really get you is when you back out to enter a score here and then can't remember whether it is Space, SW or SWII that you need to go back to!
  • Hi my name is Kathy:) I've been here once before
    I've found a way to use my AB/ABN addiction in a positive way:)
    I've been wanting to quit smoking.sooo i have to go outsides to smoke and its getting cold.i usually/always bring my phone to fling while smoking, I've decided to stop flinging while smoking that would mean 15 minutes of NO flinging...
    I'm sure I'll think twice about sitting out in the cold without the birds to distract me:)
    Wish me luck!!
    @78rpm love the avatar, has it been nominated, if not of like to nominate it but i can't till October so if you still have it i will:)
  • @78rpm,
    My problem is I have entered all my scores for the updates, and while entering them, I noticed I needed to (vastly) improve many of them. During the day, at work, I don't have much time to fling. At night when I am home, I have my laptop on my lap, 3 ABN tabs open (front page, forum, and a leaderboard for the episode I'm working on). Trying to remember what level in what episode isn't that tough. I just look at my leader board tab and scan for below average and work on that level.

The problem is there are sooooooo many that I need to work on. Not enough hours of free (i.e. flinging) time to work on them.
  • Oohh @sparty83 sounds like you may need intervention:/
  • @Kathy - I completely stole my avatar off of Rovio's website about a year ago. I don't know why it's kind of a non-standard color but I like it and am glad you like it too.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!