The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2861
  • 159699 Comments
  • @LaurenM Not that i was aware of did Tom have any type of lung disease, but idk based on the Obit.
    @wrw01
    @peejaydee27
    Thank you both for popping in to pay your respects.
  • @Gumby Wwwaaassssuuuppp???
  • @kathy wassuuupp
    @hunnybunny sleep well
  • My heart is heavy, as tears fall from my eyes. I will certainly miss him, his friendly banter, quick wit, and words of encouragement to keep on flinging. We never met in person, but he made me feel as if we were lifetime friends. I surely will miss you Mr. Rat, it won't be the same without you. RIP dear friend. :'( ♡
  • My Heart and prayers for the victims and their families in the devastating terrorist act in Las Vegas! :( the world has gone Crazy.
    Also for those affected by the attacks in Canada,, i haven't heard the details , but another senseless evil act!
  • Hi @kathy, @sweetp!
    It's sad that @rat9 is no more with us. Even more sad is how people resort to massive incomprehensible violence. Just the other saw a doc about Anders Breivik act. These lonely derailed people who have no visible connections seem to be most dangerous of all.
  • Hey @micrimax Glad you could pop in, wish for better reasons :( very sad about Rat9 passing.
    Your right about those people n its the Loners n the quiet ones most dangerous.
    I haven't heard about this doc Anders Breivik ? i will need to look it up.
    All senseless violence:(
  • Sorry @kathy, I meant to say a documentary about the Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik. I think I saw it probably on National Geographic channel.

On a more positive note, I'll be back. You may have noticed that I have not been playing for several months. There have been business and technical reasons but I'm confident that I'll be entering new scores before Xmass.
  • Oh @micromax I'll have to look that up, still have not heard of that!
    And yes was wondering where you've been! Can't wait to see you back amongst the Flinging!
    I hope the business and technical issues weren't too serious! I wish we'd get a Xmas update for Seasons but according to wingmanjuan is not looking good: (
    Maybe we'll all have to get together and pick an old advent to fling together?! just a thought.

@sglouk I've mentioned your idea about the Future Space daily challenges being Rat9 favorites and she agreed, she just needs a list, maybe you can pm me on the levels you know he liked best? You'd know better than me really, where i was just a student lol and you were an actual competitor?
  • Well @kathy, the thing is that I'm currently so serious about the business that it's practically taking all of my time. I know that it would benefit my mental health to fling every once in a while but unfortunately my flinging tablet has been unusable without 'safe mode' since May and that mode doesn't allow games among other things.
  • Aww Man @Micromax Double Trouble! But the tablet being on the blink might be a blessing in disguise while your focus is on the Business! once all is settled with the business, maybe something will click with the tablet and you'll get it working again. Actually my Nexus did that and i googled it, and the answer was really odd but it worked, i had to hold the power button and press the volume up button 8 times, then the tablet would come up with a scroll down menu and i had to scroll down to , something, i forget it was a while ago, but Voila it worked, who w poulda thought that was the answer lol.. anyway try googling your model, if you haven't already, some of those factory built in restore methods are more out there then @xebic88 trick shots!!
  • Omg!! I forgot to tell @windwalker and @xebic88 about Rat!!
  • I told them now..
  • @Gumby Wwwaaassssuuuppp??? I'm on my way to Dreamland.. nighty night..
    ahh , i just needed someone to say Nighty night to.?
    i miss Pa :(
  • @kathy Nighty-night, Princess. .

For a good sleep:

https://youtu.be/N2rDzVzAkL0

xoxo
  • Thanks for your sympathy @Kathy! Indeed the tablet is now useful for browsing mostly. When it started to crash I did harvest net for anything I could find and tried several things to no avail until 'safe mode' made it partly usable. For what I know now the only way to resurrect it is factory reset but before that I need to be able to reliably backup all my AB-scores and some other stuff as well. Old ABs I know how to handle but for instance AB2 may be different case. Ideally I should get a new tab but which one...
  • @Micromax a I'm at work now n but i can give you really easy to follow backup instructions for the Original 5 gamesABO ABS ABR ABsp and SW
  • @hunnybunny Re-posting this one for you in case you missed it:

Sion air show, Rafale:

https://youtu.be/IgD4QvxhFyU

and another from Sion with the Italian aerobatic team:

https://youtu.be/r17X7HnJxlw

I'm sure Tom would've loved these too. . .
  • @tompuss
    Felix Baumgarterr the greatest sky dive. Ever

https://youtu.be/2CnH7ZqR6MM
  • @hunnybunny Oh my word, yes! I remember what an exciting day that was, I couldn't believe my eyes when he jumped!
  • @tompuss ever done a parachute jump?
    I did one, aged eighteen or nineteen, bloody amazing. Split my trousers from foo foo to ankle when I landed. But didn't give a ****
    And all those years ago you went on your own, now it's a tandem jump with the expert hanging on your back. Or you hanging on the back of the expert, not sure.
    And Not the same...
  • Great Parachute videos @Tompuss @HunnyBunny
    I would Looovveee to try it,, it's on my bucket list for sure.
    Question, when they jump out of the plane,, why does it look like they are floating slowly? I assumed it was a free fall and you'd be falling pretty damn fast! Maybe the tape is slowed down? like how do they have time, and are able to turn around and look at the camera? And the plane flew away,, who's videoing it,?
  • The closest I've come, is the Hang Gliding ride at Universal,, it was Like simulated, you just sit in the seat and a 3D movie plays but it's Soooo real I was holding on to my stuff so it wouldn't fall in the ocean lol!! The seat itself doesn't move, maybe it sways a little, but your feet are on the floor, like your sitting in a Ferris wheel car.
  • @Gumby Waaassssuupppp!??
    @Karen68 Not much news here about the terrorist act in Canada, it's quite overshadowed by the terrible attacks in Las Vegas!
    Hope you and yours are o.k . was it close to where you are?
  • @kathy WASSSSUUUPP
  • not much @Gumby about to cook dinner bbiab
  • @Mvnla2 not sure if your lurking, but if you see this, you know my extent of Global Geography so with that, were those Terror attacks in Canada anywhere near @Karen68 ?
    I think they were in Edmonton ?? and she lives near Toronto idk..
    I'll try to check the map but i can never figure it out!
  • I Did it!! All by myself!! ahh A little help from what an amazing job you did with the Map @mvnla2 . I've only really used it to click on the pins and see where members are, but i just realized the full appreciation of what a great job you did! i was able to determine that Edmonton is no where close to Where Karen is , is like 1600± miles!! whew !!
    Now I'm worried where the heck Karen has been
  • @Kathy -- Glad you found out where Edmonton is. I didn't find Karen68 on the map at all. Did you?
    You can also just ask Google for a map of Edmonton, Canada, and then zoom in or out.
  • @Mvnla2 I was able to do that on your map..i clicked it n it enlarged and i was able to zoom in and see the names of the cities.
    And yes I found Karen she's right over the NewYork Nothwest border near Toronto actually on theMap looks like very close to the US border.
    Great job!
  • A bit early but I'll be too rushed in the morning, gone are the days where i could get this done before work! We have something to be happy about in the midst of our sadness..
    We Have a Birthday to celebrate!!!
  • Happy Happy Birthday @Sunshine I hope you have a day that is full of love and may the brightness you manage to shine on everyone you meet, shine brightly on you today and throughout the year!!
  • Nighty Night.. uhmm folks....
  • Wellv well well.. look who's running up against my leg.. Heyougettouttamyway'!! you missing your Pa too..
    *pats little heyougettouttamyway'on the head... tucks him safely in a little shoebox with a little cloth napkin* shhh Nighty night Heyougettouttamyway'.. Sweet dreams..
    Hmm someone's gotta watch the little bugger! ♡♡
  • @hunnybunny No jumping out of planes for this scaredy cat!!!!! I admire anyone who can do this, and all extreme stuff.
    @kathy Yes that sky-diving video was in slo-mo
    BBL L8r with something for @sunshine xoxo
Post in the New Forum!