The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2233
  • 159654 Comments
  • @JLZ666 I thought you were having me on about Pauley Perrette being 45 years old. She looks great for someone born in 1969. Now I'm a fan.
  • @Rat I swear I just ran into your long-lost twin brother at Lowes. I was checking out and this 6'6" - 6'7" guy bumped into me. I turn around and my first thought "Holy crap, It's Rat" (Actually that was my 2nd thought. My 1st was "I hope he doesn't fall this way")

He looked about your age, bald on top, with a long-gray ponytail. Nice casual dress, booming voice, and his name? Dom! I almost fell over. You might wanna check your old family photos to see if anyone's been folded over or cut out. :)
  • Now watching the last game of our dutchies.
  • @fenikus sorry for my late reply, but I believe that feature was taken out of the main site. Not sure, cause I wasn't around at that time. But I assume the comments got to messed up by either botched up html codes and/or too large of images?! So the main site now strips any unwanted html coding. Long story short the embed code only works in the forum section.
  • Mister @rat hahahaha nahhh I wasn't hiding behind the couch! Cologne (had to look that up hahaha, we Dutchies call it Keulen and the German call it Köln) is 255 km from where I live and I figure the misses isn't willing to make a detour just to meet on shy little birdie... right ??
  • @JLZ666 Wonderful! You reminded me of Abby right from the word go - I feel like a matchmaker here! With NCIS you've got lots to look forward to. IMO, Mark Harmon is one of those guys who improve with age, and his lopsided smile kills me. Abby is his special pet, the only one he ever hugs, lucky her!

@kelani Thanks for that really classy bottle. Vintage! Lucky we have a wine cellar worthy of it. *shoves aside Puligny Montrachet to give Ripple pride of place*
    Top Secret!

@rat Thanks for the parasol info! Oh, I really really gotta have one! THE accessory for gals who can't stand the sun and want to make their friends turn green with envy. . .
    In answer to your kind enquiry - very nicely, thank you. You still having trouble with those pesky ABS balls? Still not got the hang of them? :)

Well, MUST say nighty night now - hubz is turning wifi box off. Thank you everyone for a wonderful party! Hi @EStar! Over and out. . . .

• Hi and night night @TomPuss
  • Going to watch a movie with hubby, so I am out as well!
  • Match is done, I'm proud - Brasil defeated with 3-0.
    Have a good night guys.
  • @bernersenn, gratz to the Dutch boys -- way to finish off the tournament!

Brasilian defense is so bad that even a Blind person could score on them (get it, "Blind" person, lol).
  • What was that match for? 3rd place or something?
  • @Beakers, check out this funny 8-13 video: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-space-beak-impact-level-8-13-walkthrough/comment-page-1/#comment-1399029

Who is going to win the race -- the pig or the boulder?
  • @Kelani, yes -- third place match. Tomorrow is the real deal: Germany vs. Argentina for the World Cup.
  • Lol @fenikus the extreme walking video? I don't understand why you weren't gathering points while that was going? Everytime I get the stuff moving around the planet usually
  • @Kathy the huge boulder doesn't seem to take micro-damage, and nothing else was getting hit hard enough.

@fenikus it's really fun when the whole ship does it. :)
  • Oh I see thanks @kelani I've never got the big boulder dragging before.
    Did i hear @bernersenn celebrating? Wtg Dutchies !!
  • Just FYI, the boulder was chasing the pig like that for at least 5 minutes before I started recording.
  • Thanks for the reminder on 8-10 @fenikus. I don't know how I missed putting that strategy in the walkthrough. Hope it helps.
  • sorry, I need whine power. *hits BP mute button* "I am 100% positive a 1b on #29 is impossible on PC". *hits BP mute button* thank you. :)
  • It's hard to program finesse into a computer @Kelani. But I'm sure you will eventually.
  • @Rat programming? @funikus is the programmer. I'm trying to keep my hand and this crappy mouse steady enough to find that pixel-sized needle in a haystack you've become close friends with.
  • @Estar You evidently don't understand Americans on Holiday. We travel a lot further than 255 km when we have 10 days to play in foreign countries. Cologne and Rotterdam are very close by our standards. And Mrs. Rat has the Netherlands on her bucket list. Are there any flowers in bloom the first or third week of October? Ha ha ha ha

I know it's very little consolation that the Dutch team won their match today @bernersenn. But congratulations on third place anyway. We were happy with a lot less. Four years from now....???
    Who are you rooting for in the Germany vs. Argentina match tomorrow?

I'm not doing much better on 8-29 @Kelani. I've only succeeded on getting the one birder about ten times. And my average score is only 106k. And I've played it for over two hours now. If @funikus can get it...
  • @kel it's all part of his game. Doncha know?
  • @ABcrazy I know, and I thank him for it. :) That hearty laugh he gave me re-energized me for round 3, where I finally got the elusive 1b. And a good one, too.

btw, I went looking for that SW DS2 level you were mad about, Never found it, but did find your #15 score. Wow! I couldn't get within 30k of that thing.
  • WTG @Kelani. See, all you needed was a bit of focus and laughter to relax. Glad I was able to help with that.
  • If my game is to get others to do well, then yes @ABcrazy. I truly want others to do well...using my stratz. lol
  • LOL. You have the audacity to call 8-29 *your* strat, @Rat?
  • Who does it belong to @Funikus? @Dennis1978 didn't know how "he" did it.

Edit: Truth is, there were only a couple of ways to approach this one. It was a matter of finesse. I just proved the one birder to you flingers and got you chasing it. I'm sure others said to shoot CCW. But you need to prove a strat to make it yours! Before that, it's just a theory.
  • @Rat You're welcome. lol. btw, that strat of yours was the same one I posted on June 27. :P I did abandon it, though.

edit: this aiming trick is gonna be hard to post. It's simple, but hard to describe simply.
  • Don't I know it @Kelani. I tried to explain it to @Kathy so that she could beat you to the one birder. I'm not sure I was successful.
    Did you get it on the 100% undoable PC?
  • @Kelani I'm going to be paying close attention to how you describe the power setting. I'll have a straight jacket ready for ya.
  • @Rat, I never saw Dennis say he didn't know how he did it, so yeah, if it has to be attributed to one person, I'd say it's his since he was the first one to prove the concept. If it doesn't, I'd call it a collective effort.

But I'll be a man and admit it -- the secret to success is in your "reduced full power" shot. I pulled the bird all the way but just before I let go I thought "this is going to be a reduced power shot". It worked like a charm the first time!

Edit: didn't you do the same thing, @Kelani? C'mon, be a man and admit it!
  • Yeah, I agree @fenikus. If you look at my posting in the walkthrough, I don't call it my strat or new. I give credit to Dennis even though he was clueless. @Kelani just gets me going and I misspoke in a bar while I was drinking. How could that happen?

Edit: Reduced full power. It looks funny when you say it. ha ha
  • @Rat @fenikus FULL power, baby! I was pulled up to the top of the screen. If there'd been more pixels to drag, I'd have used 'em. :)

edit: I think the strategy post makes sense, but my carefully drawn pink dots of Red's impact and bounce spots don't show up well in the screenshot size my album forced it to.
  • btw, my dashed line analogy explains why full and reduced power shots worked here. It's just a line of sweet spots, and a lot of luck.

edit @Rat I never thought it was undoable on PC, that's just my default whine.
  • If you used full power @Kelani, I think that's why your sweet spot was so small.
  • @Rat Honestly, I don't think so. I was trying a lot of places, to see where I could aim at the box corner, and where I'd get kicked a few pixels left/right. Everywhere it let me aim right at the corner, the result was pretty much identical. The only difference was with lower power shots, Red was more likely to land in the gap between the white triangle and the bridge
  • Guess what you did by moving your fling finger to a different spot on the trajectory @Kelani. You used reduced full power without knowing or admitting it, even to yourself. Ha ha.
  • @Kelani I did essentially the same thing but approached it differently. I pulled back all the way, then pushed my thumb forward. Moving it on the dotted line and reducing the power to "reduced full power".
  • @Rat lol. keep telling yourself that! :P Full power is about 3" from the top of my screen, and I was up at the very top. :) I'm going to run it in testbox overnight and have it plot how far apart the sweet spots are. Might be useful for all the other high-angle shots out there.

I guess one of us needs to bang out a 110k-113k one to really show that level who's boss. Since you got 10 in 2 hours, my money's on you.

edit: whatever works! I moved my pointer the other way, increasing power. :)
  • I'm sorry @Kelani. I must have misunderstood when you said and I quote:

"I am 100% positive a 1b on #29 is impossible on PC"

What did you really mean by that statement? It seems pretty straight forward to me. No ambiguity. Simple. To the point.

Now you say that's just a default whine. Not really true? Now who's hard to understand? What do you think @fenikus? Straight jacket? lol
  • @Kelani, congratulations. Not only did you beat @Rat in scoring on 8-29 but you also bested him in "confusing walkthrough posts" contest. I didn't think he was beatable in that department, but you've proven me wrong. Well done.
  • I... I...I..i... I don't think you understand full power. What does it have to do with 3" from the top of your screen?

Edit: I'm so confused.
  • ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • @Rat On #29, dragging from sling to where full power starts, is a spot 3" from the top of my screen. Anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.
  • OK, I can't take this anymore. The laughter is causing me pain. I'm moving on.
Post in the New Forum!