The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2072
  • 159780 Comments
  • @fenikus, thanks for the advice, believe me, that f%}}%^ck level 6 I played even more often as this #9. Also read Woodpeckers strat, tried it also many times. I had several one-birders, but not bringing more as my current bad score. Of course, it's now on my radar again, so we will see.
  • congrats @bernersenn :) I just saw in activity you posted on #9 and wondered what you were up to. Nice job!

I hadn't seen woodpecker's strategy. I can see spending a weekend trying that one.
  • I'll take level 6 over #10/#19 anyday.
  • @fenikus lol. I just figured out how to DCB at will. What a day. Another pm on its way.
  • @kelani, thank you, thought I got insane, didn't work, over and over. The old score on the picture was still a two-birder. The same togo for those levels #6 and #15. So, lots of fun to go
  • Lucky you. All I have is 10 & 19, which are basically the same level. Fling 10,000x, hope for luck.
  • Speaking about social talk, 'bernersenn' is the swiss-german word for the dogbreed that english people name 'Bernese Mountain Dog'. We always have two of them, a dog and a bitch. They also take lots of flinging time away :-)
  • @kelani, AB is based upon patience and persistence. When you got a timeout, for what reason, you know that you would sink in ranking. The nice part of playing AB is that this isn't a major item, time is always your friend.
    Btw, I don't hope that the survey that Rovio sent out about Rio will bring them on strange idea's. They had questions about switching the birds within a game, bringing in special birds, etc. That would be the end of our old school competition (that's my mind). What do you think about this, saw this survey?
  • @bernersenn That's pretty neat. They're good looking dogs. Most Americans wouldn't know Berner Sennenhund from a St. Bernard though :P
  • @bernersenn Yes! I answered the survey. Some of the ideas were awful, but I liked the changing birds, and changing the order of birds ones. In the questions about powerups, I left some very creative complaints. All of them started with "I Hate Powerups, but..."
  • The AB level creator idea was also neat.
  • @kelani, I hate powerups, once said "it's like cycling with dope'. In some of the games you can switch this crap off. Not in all, that's a pitty. I am willing to pay for playing this games - because I understand that the Business Model of Rovio isn't based upon players like us, bougt the game once - play it for ever. They have to earn some money for each new episode (or series of), or something. Just an idea
  • @bernersenn Yeah, I know if I owned a company like Rovio, I'd do the same thing. Every since 2000 when Diablo II came out, there's always been a lot of money in buying stuff for games. I remember when I quit playing D2, I sold all my characters, armor, weapons, etc... on ebay for $500. Then learned of a guy who makes $40k a month doing the same thing. Crazy stuff.

There's lots of things I don't like, but If Rovio would allow disabling powerups in all games, get rid of that use powerup popup in Rio, and make it so powerup scores are clearly identified in a screenshot I'd be perfectly happy.
  • @bernersenn, slow down big dawg!!! I see you have 3 top scores in BR now and only 2K behind @rat and @kelani. WTG.

Got any pics of your "pups" anywhere in your album? Check out mine, has one of my border collies.
  • @fenikus make that 4.7k behind kelani :p After 4 days, I finally got a 1 birder on #10. If i'd gotten 890 more points, BP crew would be #1 thru 4.

Now all I need is 2,710 points on #19. Nooo that won't take long at all.
  • @Kelani, you can stop now. Seriously, stop! I mean, you've beaten @Rat now, what more could you want???

Edit: check your PMs, left some goodies for you there.
  • Hey everybody I'm mia atm see you all later;)
    Happy Flinging
  • @fenikus Don't worry. Even if I don't stop myself, level 19 will protect your score. I'm not sure I want to even try to improve that one. 4 days of #10 was mind-numbing.
  • Stupid me left tablet at home! '.
  • @kelani -- You really should send your DCB discovery to Rovio support. You should also mention ABN and BirdLeader in the hopes that Rovio will pay a little more attention.
  • Congratulations @mvnla2 on Avian Overlord !! * clink*
  • @mvnla2 congrats, you Overlord, you. Now you need to find a dystopian kingdom to rule. :)

-OB- Drinks are on me. @fenikus and I have solved the double-counted bird bug on PC and ipad. I need to test it on a few other games, but so far so good. When we're done, it will get to Rovio. Mailing Support is the last resort, though.
  • OB, double "DCB Squasher", please. What? Not on the menu, never heard of it? I don't care, invent some mean drink and PUT it on the menu!
  • @fenikus you best Nice to OB and a please would work. .we don't want him blowing up on us! !
    so of you could reprase your request I'm sure we could accommodate your wishes;)
  • @Kathy, I SAID "please"! Then he started huffing and puffing and mumbling something about how he never gets a night off and nobody appreciates him and all the poor tippers...
  • Ordering a bug squasher is a great way to get a glass of squashed bugs :P Awesome drink name, though.
  • OK @fenikus you know o OB just go with the flow when he huffs and puffs and mumbles. .a he love his job.mi think he misses @Mumsie. .;( just go easy on him is all;)
  • nice typing lol I don't feel like editing:/
  • @fenikus If we don't get those royalties from Rovio, maybe we can wrangle a special ABN badge :)

@Kathy it's ok. We like your unique unedited typing style :)
  • uh oh. A Space challenge. I may have submitted it, too.
  • @Kathy, OB and I made up behind bar while we were concocting this "DCB Squasher"…he told me everyone forgot his bird-day this year, even the hostess…what's that all about?
  • o.k @fenikus uhmm But we didn't forget OB birthday did you miss the party? ya I knowwe didn't specifically mention OB but the anniversary of the BP is OB birthday as well and it kinda goes without saying. .

that's my story and im stickin' to it..@e-star Help..lol
  • Ob could i try one of those new fangled DCB squashers drink Please
    And Yes of course you can have a Raise in your pay seeing its been busy lately and ya I know you gotta put up with the likes of these guys;)
  • OK Time to Fling! ! where though? I've no luck in #2 AT all not#7 either
    any suggestions @kelani @fenikus where i might find some points?
  • Ahhh @bernersenn the natural connection becomes apparent. We are very close friends with neighbors who have 3 Berners. And we care for a Great Pyr .... Hmm .... Beneficiaries of their guardianship? Well 2x over. Will adopt the next rescue in need when the time comes..
  • @Kathy he deserves a BIG raise for dealing with me. Let me peek at your scores and see where you're missing points. brb
  • @Kathy excluding levels that suck or I know you despise, 11, 14, 17 are all I saw where I know you could get some big gains.

2, 5, 10 and 19 are worse than getting a root canal.
  • ok @kelani I'll give them a try. .respectively , ty
    *hangs sign* 'GoNE FliNGin'
  • @SweetP aww :( That really is the LTOPITA. Did you see mine in my album before I removed it. It was the right tower leaning waaaay left.

I tried woodpecker's strategy for at least one day awhile back. Didn't get anywhere with it. Good luck :)
  • @Kelani, nah, I'd rather "DCB Squasher" be put on the official BP menu then get some kind of exclusive badge. More people can enjoy the drink than a badge no one else can get. The only fun in that would be coming up with a name for it :)
  • Yes, I did see that picture @Kelani! You would think with all the weight on top, it would topple over! Aarrgh!

My biggest frustration is that even though the middle tower splits in half, the debris from the right half doesn't quite get enough momentum to break the tent poles and protects that evil marmoset on the bottom of the right tower! Waaaah!
  • @SweetP, I have no sympathy for you (okay maybe a little ;) -- I've also had many more near hits on BR-6 than I'd like to count.
  • @SweetP, I was (and will eventually when I get a good result) going to post this in the walkthrough: for woodpecker's strategy, reset if two small concrete vertical planks below the top marmoset don't start falling to the right. Speeds up the process a bit.

Edit: Actually I think it's enough for at least one of the planks to fall to the right. It creates a delicate balance so that structure splits evenly to the left and right.
  • There you have it -- BP insider information.
  • Thanks @fenikus! BTW, when Woodpecker said Red should roll off the top (after hitting the marmoset), he doesn't drop down to the bottom of the right tower. He always hits the box that's sitting on the cement plank. When that half of the tower falls over on the left, the marmoset is untouched!
Post in the New Forum!