An iOS exclusive Angry Birds Stella update has landed (v1.1.3) to mark the Chinese new year. The AppStore states:
It’s the Chinese New Year! We’re ringing in the year of the goat with new themed levels in the Island Map. Play the new Chinese New Year levels until the end of February!
With that said, upon playing I am not seeing much new content … yet. My hunch is that the new content is set to unlock on Thursday, February 19th, 2015, as that’s the start of the Chinese New Year. I know it’s not a lot to go on, but if you happen to see new content pop up please let us know by commenting below (I’m sure @Dr-Omega) will be keeping his super-sleuthing eyes peeled).
We suspect this special event will include:
- New Challenges: such as “Rescue the Fortune Box” – we might see more.
- New Levels: Be sure to check the Golden Island Map daily.
- New Items: Let us know if you collect any of them.
- The Chinese New Year starts on Thursday February 19th
Not a lot to see here currently.
- Compete with players from around the world on our Stella leaderboard (be sure to note your scores and take screenshots for easy retrieval)
- Angry Birds Stella achievements as listed in Game Center
- Stuck on a level? Our walkthroughs are here to help.
- Ask questions, leave feedback, or offer suggestions in the Stella Forum.
- Learn how to backup and restore your Angry Birds Stella progress. ALWAYS make local backups!