Jedi Masters and Sith Lords rejoice! Angry Birds Star Wars II is now available for PC!
We’re going to get straight to the point with this one. No dilly-dallying with cute one-liners and puns. But of course, see our original release post for a deeper look at the details.
- Where do I get it? Head to http://rov.io/absw2forpc, which is Rovio’s shortcode for the Angry Birds Shop. You can see some details about the app there.
Note: The demo can be downloaded from download.angrybirds.com. It took a day, but that page has now been updated to include Star Wars II.
- How much does it cost? $4.95 USD, which is the same amount as most of the PC games.
- Any significant system requirements? It looks like the original basic requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7, 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM, and OpenGL 1.3. So if you’ve downloaded the other games, Star Wars II should probably work as well.
- How do I download/activate? Well, you have to purchase it from that link above. Make sure the email address you use is valid, since that’s where Rovio will send your activation code and download link. (This info also appears immediately after completing your purchase, but make sure you keep the email nonetheless in case you ever have to reinstall/reactivate.)
Any users having crashing issues should see @iBird’s comment in the forum. This seems to be a rarer issue, and of course AngryBirdsNest assumes no responsibility for any corruption, compromising, etc. as a result of editing the config file. Any user choosing to follow these directions does so at their own risk.
- Pretty much everything! All 80 normal levels in Naboo Invasion and Escape to Tatooine, all “Treasure Map” side quests, and all Reward Chapter levels. Please note that not all Reward Chapter levels can be unlocked via normal gameplay at this time. See our Star Wars II Characters Guide for more information.
- Achievements! Yes indeed, PC users can swing away at all the in-game achievements, which unlock Bird Credits and Character Swaps. Which reminds me…
- Bird Credits and Character Swaps! Sorry, no TELEPOD technology for PC users, which was expected from Hasbro’s page. Also, no in-app purchasing system exists for buying additional Bird Credits.
- Since there is no purchasing of Bird Credits, Rovio added a “Credit Generator” of sorts. You earn Credits by starring any particular level. For example, in Naboo Invasion, the 1st star is worth 10, 2nd is worth 20, and 3rd is worth 60 the first time you earn the star. Each additional time you earn the star, they are worth 5, 10, and 15 respectively. A more complete outline:
- Naboo Invasion: 10/20/60 first time a star is earned, 5/10/15 each additional time.
- Escape to Tatooine: 20/50/100 first time, 5/10/15 each additional time.
- Reward Chapter: 20/50/100 first time, 5/10/15 each additional time.
Helpful Links and ABN Information
- First and foremost, we explain all of this in far more detail in our original release post. Please consult that for more information.
- All Angry Birds Star Wars II 3-star walkthrough videos are live. This will also include Hidden Bonus Boxes, Treasure Maps, and much more.
- Compete with the best players in the world by entering your scores on our Angry Birds Star Wars II leaderboard. For the first time ever in a mobile app, ALL SCORES ARE VALID. This includes scores obtained with TELEPODs and Character Swaps. However, please explain what characters you used on the walkthrough pages.
- Hunting for hidden bonus boxes? Check out our complete boxes guide that shows their locations and how to obtain them.
- Need more info about the plethora of characters in Star Wars II? See our Complete Characters Guide!