Rovio teased last week that Angry Birds original would be getting an electrifying new update very soon. Well, here we are just a week later and the latest update — Short Fuse (v3.4.0) — is now available for iOS and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming soon!
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! There’s more to this update than just new levels. In association with Rovio, we’re excited to announce an awesome contest to win a very cool Angry Birds Sphero!
This update includes:
- 30 new levels of Short Fuse! These are spread out over two chapters (25 and 26), with Chapter 27 coming soon. Our walkthroughs will be live soon and will appear on this page.
- Bomb the Black Bird has a brand new Shockwave ability!
- Piggy Potions imitate the bird that they are colored after. Drop an orange potion on a pig and he inflates like the Orange bird. Break the blue potion to cause the piggies to triple like the Blue bird (or break multiple potions to get 9, 27, or more!). Pink potions cause piggies to inflate, grab all nearby blocks, float for a while and then drop heavy destruction below.
- New Golden Egg! Keep your eyes peeled for hidden Egg.
- No new achievements for iOS, since ABo is full in GameCenter.
- Still no on-screen distinction between Power Up and “clean” scores, besides the lightning bolt that appears on the Level Completed screen. But thankfully the data files distinguish.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
- Bug fix! Golden Egg #30 Sometimes Doesn’t Pop Up (click for more info)
Rovio contacted us stating that this bug should now be fixed. If the Egg doesn’t show up as soon as you open the app, 3-star level 23-15 of Red’s Mighty Feathers again.
AngryBirdsNest / Rovio Contest! Win an Angry Birds Sphero!!!
Oh yes, your eyes read that right! AngryBirdsNest — with support from Rovio — are teaming up to bring you a electrifying one week contest where the champion will win an awesome Angry Birds Sphero. We’re beyond excited to be hosting this competition, so let’s jump right into the details on how to participate, the rules, and more.
Contest Dates, Rules, Terms, & Conditions
How to Participate
- The contest is open to all registered members of AngryBirdsNest whose accounts are in good standing. There are no forms to fill out, rather the winner will be the flinger with the highest cumulative total score on the Short Fuse leaderboard.
- NO POWER-UP OR FAKE SCORES PERMITTED! This will be verified, so please be careful to only enter valid scores.
Start & End Dates
- The contest will start the moment the Angry Birds Short Fuse leaderboard goes live today, November 26th, and will end on December 3rd, 2013 at 10 am PST based on Time.is. Note, scores can still to be entered on the leaderboard after this date, but they will no longer impact the winner of this contest.
Winner & Prize
- At the end of the contest the player with the highest total score on the Short Fuse Total Score leaderboard will be eligible to win the Angry Birds Sphero.
- No power-up or fake scores are permitted! This is our site policy, and therefore must be adhered to by ALL players. We will verify the winner’s scores and if we find a Power Up or fake score was used to earn the #1 spot you will no longer be eligible to win the prize. At that point the next person on the leaderboard will be chosen and the validation process will repeat. The following are considered Power Ups:
- Super Seeds, King Sling, Birdquake, and Sling Scope.
- The Shockwave Power Up, as in pressing the button and summoning a Shockwave Black Bird into the lineup. Note, using a lineup-provided Black Bird is okay.
- In general, a Power Up score displays a lightning bolt on the score tallying screen that you see after you complete a level. If you see a lightning bolt, you used a Power Up that round. If you don’t see one, your last round was clean and can be used on the leaderboard.
- Important! Just because you’ve used a Power Up score doesn’t mean you’re automatically disqualified from the contest. Simply replay the level as many times as you need to and enter the highest non-PU score you receive.
- We, AngryBirdsNest, hold the final decision in determining one’s eligibility.
- As mentioned above, the contest winner will be required to provide us with their data files so we can determine the validity of their scores. In addition, we may ask for screenshots.
- Winner will be notified by e-mail, so be sure the email in your AngryBirdsNest profile is up to date. If your email is not valid we won’t be able to reach you. If we are unable to reach you or fail to get a response after 5-days the next eligible player will be chosen.
- In addition to your email, you will be required to give us your full name, number, and shipping address. This information will be shared with Rovio so they can send you your prize.
- You agree to allow us to use your AngryBirdsNest username and profile link in promotion of the contest or prize. This may include mentioning the winner on Twitter, Facebook, email, and more.
- Players on all platforms are welcome to participate. With that said, we don’t control when the update will land on different platforms, so we’re sorry if it’s not out in time for this contest.
- If you would like to be excluded from the contest simply email contests [AT] angrybirdsnest.com and we will note your account. Please be sure to include your username in the email.
- The Short Fuse leaderboard and the Short Fuse Total Score leaderboard.
- All of our (original) Angry Birds walkthroughs can be found on this page. Our walkthroughs for Short Fuse will be live soon.
- Need help finding Golden Eggs? We have the most complete guide on the web!
- See our Total Destruction walkthroughs for earning feathers using the Mighty Eagle.
- Compete with the best on the net here on the Nest! Enter your scores on our leaderboard. Note that Power Up scores are not permitted on our leaderboards at this time
The Shock-bomb Bird powerup is just under the pause button. Sometimes when I want to pause ,by mistake I touch the powerup and it gets wasted.
I’ve done that so many times… I’m down to only 7 left.
Has anyone noticed that Bomb’s power is a bit like Darth Vader and Anakin Episode 3 in angry birds star wars ?
Has anyone heard the theme song of AB Classic? It changed to the old music.
If I want to listen the previously ‘NEW’ tune, where I can hear it??
Buy Angry Birds Trilogy :P
I read multiple time, there is only 1 (one) prize?
Why they do a same thing like in Rio, after few restart it prompt me to use a PU.
@pjng Just turn the p/u off on the main menu. Problem solved!
This is by far the best new episode of ABo in quite a while. Loads of fun, whereas the Egg Defender levels of episode 9 were no fun IMHO.
@AMslimfordy. The update article mentions that there are no new achievements since GC is full. Unless, I am mistaken, all the current achievements add up to be 900 points, so there is room for 100 more points which could easily be 4 or 5 more achievements.
Will there actually be a fourth Episode of the birdday Episode Since angry birds is becoming 4 soon?
Yah, that’s what I mean :)
Not sure if this is new or not, but there are 3 free mighty eagle levels, which allows you to try out the mighty eagle and also unlocks the achievement.
Haha, nice find. Yes, I think it’s new. Those three feathers even count towards the total amount of feathers (in your Rovio account)!
Is there any way to turn off the PU “reminder” that appears every few attempts?
It’s annoying and I’ve mistakenly turned it on several times.
Just go to the Main Menu und on the left Lower side you will find the button
I’d love to get the last one for my grandson. He loves anything Angery Bird’s h is bed room , figures , stuffed animals.
I am trying to enter my score i am registered. Will it automatically enter it or do I have to access the leader board
Scores are entered manually, once you register.
Bomb here represents my anger when playing Angry Birds.
Has anyone succeeded in achieving Total Destruction on levels 25-11, 26-3 and 26-11?
I have all of Chapter 25. The key is to “triple” wherever you can.
Thanks for the tip, it really helped. Once I “tripled” I got 100% with ease on all the levels. Be sure to include this tip in your walkthroughs.
It’s possible to achieve Total Destruction in all ‘Short Fuse’levels. I have already achieved Total Destruction in all ‘Short Fuse’ levels.
hmmm, when i turn off the wifi, i cant see my highscores and the levels appear locked… why is that?
@oneiro You have likely been playin with a Rovio Account, which becomes disabled when you lose Internet connection.
Innovative, fun, fierce!
Looks like good ole Rovio has a few tricks up its sleeve yet!
It’s the Halloween Seasons update I was looking for.
I am on android. Every since the update, my angry birds will not open. It crashes after initial Rovio screen opens. Has anyone else had this problem? I’ve emailed Rovio, but no response as of yet. It sounds like the issue with some are having with seasons, which is why I haven’t updated yet.
Congratulations to the always amazing manu malin @eweber :)
Yes, congratulations! Well done. It was a tough contest!
Thx. I must admit I got lucky and the contest did fall right during a week off from work ;)
Congrats Manu @eweber WTG :) ..U realize the Aliens will be picking you up soon to Captain there Mothership :)
@xebic88 I’ve always assumed that @eweber WAS an alien, sent here to show us what is possible if only we try just a bit harder! Congrats, Manu Malin, on your well deserved victory.
Grats to the winner! Well flung!
Has anyone succeeded in achieving Total Destruction on the 2nd mighty eagle tryout?
Here’s an idea.. maybe someone has already mentioned it.. but how about the bird having two powers no matter what game he’s in?
After you release him from the sling, a single tap would be the exploding bird, and a double tap would be the new power?
Unfortunately that’s not possible.