For our avid readers, a few members discovered data files back in December indicating an update to Angry Birds Rio called “Fruit Market”. (Don’t remember? See here!) At the time, since this was uncovered via data files and nothing more permanent like a Rovio tease or GameCenter imagery, we said that the update wasn’t likely coming in the immediate future, but further down the road.
Well, the road has twisted and turned, including a few great updates to some of our favorite apps. And now, it looks like the time for this Rio update is getting near, with a much better name (in my humble opinion).
According to the latest image from the GameCenter, Rovio is likely in the final stages of development of the Market Mayhem update to Rio! (Note: Episode name is still subject to change.)
Now, details are obviously still very sparse, but I’ll include a few speculations and questions that I have:
- We do not know when the update will land. Just want to make that clear.
- Most likely this will be a 30-level episode, distributed in two 15-level installments.
- I would expect to see the Pink bird at some point, since she has not yet made an appearance in the app.
- Perhaps it goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyways: Hoping for distinction between Power Up and non-Power Up scores.
- We don’t know if this update will add the Bonus Levels to Mac/PC, but it’s certainly a possibility. (Only the star-based ones, of course, since Mac/PC do not have the Mighty Eagle.)
- Based on the original image (see below or the original post), it is possible that the piggies will make an appearance. Only speculation, but I see a pig in that image.
A special thanks to @bassam77 for the amazing sleuthing!