Happy Thursday to all the Angry Birds lovers out there! A double-whammy this morning, with two — count them: TWO — Angry Birds app updates.
First, Rovio announced a few days ago that Guns N’ Roses guitar legend Slash would be making some sort of appearance in Angry Birds Space (see our post for more info). Well, Angry Birds Space v1.5.0 has launched, and Slash has completely revamped the theme song! The update has landed for iOS and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming soon. No new levels are available in this update, but…
Important Update: We are also happy to announce that Angry Birds Space has been “quietly” released on Steam for PC only, with more titles coming out soon. Angry Birds Space is fully integrated with steam achievements and leader boards.
In more unforeseen news, we all know that Rovio loves to keep the community on its toes. And they’ve surprised us with Angry Birds v3.1.0! We have reached the conclusion of the Bad Piggies episode, but the pigs won’t be going down without a fight. The update is currently available for iOS and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming soon.
The Angry Birds update includes:
- Foremost, the #1 app of all time is going FREE! For iOS, both SD and HD versions of the original Angry Birds will be free for the foreseeable future. This is the second such app to do so, following Angry Birds Rio. If maybe you’ve been holding off on buying them on a second device, now’s the time!
- The final 15 levels of Bad Piggies, listed as Chapter 22. Those crafty swine are trying harder than ever to evade the birds. Our walkthroughs are live in the ABo Bad Piggies category!
- New Golden Eggs? Keep your eyes open! We haven’t had any in Bad Piggies yet, but Rovio may try to be sneaky.
Update: No new Golden Eggs that we can see, and no 3-star Golden Egg either.
- No new achievements for iOS, since ABo is full in GameCenter.
- Still no distinction between Power Up and “clean” scores, besides the lightning bolt that appears on the Level Completed screen.
- Helpful Tip: If you are experiencing any issues with a level not completing promptly, there is a “Fast Forward” button that appears in the bottom-right corner once all pigs have been popped. This will force the level to end, tally your extra birds, and show you your final score. While not a new feature, it can still be helpful!
- All of our (original) Angry Birds walkthroughs can be found on this page.
- Need help finding Golden Eggs? We have the most complete guide on the web!
- See our Total Destruction walkthroughs for earning feathers using the Mighty Eagle.
- Compete with the best on the net here on the Nest! Enter your scores on our leaderboard. Note that Power Up scores are not permitted on our leaderboards at this time (besides in the Facebook leaderboard).
My update for Angry Birds HD just keeps trying to load and won’t update. Since it is attempting to upload I cannot play it. I tried to restart my computer but it still is sitting there. Help
This update is not yet available for PC to my knowledge m
Amslimfordy it’s not for PC and mac
I’m totally freaking confused!!
I had chit chat with Rovio via twitter. I asked them when slash update gonna land. They said to get it from steam. I said why would i buy when i already buy it. Blah blah…
Summary, i got confused. Did they mean that from now updates for space for pc only be available from steam? They said i won’t have to buy it again, won’t affect anything…
Please anyone expert about it, unconfuse me
Steam is just a new place to buy the game.
Oh okay… Relieved!
@AMslimfordy – on Google Play AB Original is showing that the app has/will have an update today. I didnt have anynnotifications that the app updated so I’m thinking the app didnt update yet. I dont have the option to update. Maybe Google didnt release it yet. I havent read about a new episode release for ABO. Could this just be a bug fix update?
I added a screenshot in my albums showing the date. Version is still showing 3.1.0 so I think Google hasn’t released it yet.
Could just be bug fixes, but we will keep an eye out. Thanks @ncisgrabert